“Great suites - best view in New York City”

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #129 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I love my stay so much in suite #608 I decided to buy it.
And you can stay there to by just making a reservation.
Suite 608 has incredible views of Central Park and Columbus circle wall-to-wall windows
Suite 608 is 1000 ft.² has1 bedroom;1 living room;2 bathrooms with large walk-in shower only; and kitchen
if you enjoy it as much as I did you may end up buying one too. But it's cheaper to rent by day.

2  Thank W-will-travel
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Dear Mr. WL, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of the great suites and great views we have here at Trump International Hotel & Tower New York at Central Park. We certainly look forward to welcoming back home soon again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed 8 May 2011

Spent our tenth anniversary here. Room was spacious and so clean you could eat, well, you could eat off the floor. Perfect location for what we were in town for. The staff kept up with our needs -what more could you ask for? I honestly did not want to leave this little piece of heaven in NYC!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank quinnsgal
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York and for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent visit with us this past December. I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience during your 10th wedding anniversary. We certainly look forward to welcoming back soon again.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Upgraded to a central park view room well worth it. The staff where amazing could not fault anything about the place. Would have no doubt about staying there next time I go.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York and for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent visit with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming back soon again.

Reviewed 27 April 2011

Stayed one night in a Park View Suite. The location is hard to beat right on the corner (Columbus Circle) of Central Park and you don’t even have to cross a street to get to the subway station. The bellman can hail a cab for you quickly too. The Time-Warner Center is next door which has a big mall and there is plenty of dining options in the area. The lobby is quite small but the check-in was quick. We ordered the complimentary arrival beverages which were served in the room after 10 minutes and were very nice.

They completed a renovation in 2010 and result is amazing. The suite is beautifully and tastefully decorated - the chandelier in the living room is gorgeous. We were on the 5th floor facing Central Park and the view is good but not the greatest - you need to go much higher for a view that resembles the picture on their website. There are two 55 inch TVs one in each room. All rooms were immaculate. The bathroom does not have separate tub and shower but it has separate vanity counter and sink top - marble everywhere and very well kept. The mattress is very comfortable but I felt the comforter is on the warm side. Two water bottles and the wi-fi are complimentary. We did not have a chance to try out the on-site Jean Georges’ flagship restaurant due to our arrangement. Everyone from the staff was very courteous and even formal.

1  Thank sander9t
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent visit. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Also, many thanks for commending our service staff, who really do their very best to cater to our guests' needs. Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

Not what you expect it to be. This is supposed to be a luxury five star hotel but I did not find it any better than some of the average £100 a night mid level hotels. We stayed here for three nights.
Check in was fast and friendly and service was great but that was about as good as it got. The location of the hotel is great and the rooms have wonderful views of the city but as for the suites they were just mediocre. There were some bedbugs unfortunately as I know the city is having a major problem with that but you would at least expect at £450 a night you would not have to fight off bugs. The beds could have been more comfortable had this not been such a problem.
Unfortunately the baths were a bit on the tiny side and sometimes the toilet flush would stick. The sitting room was nice but nothing spectacular. Honestly as someone in PR and design I think the rooms could do with a make-over. Decorations are headed towards dull. Never tried the restaurant as we always went out. However things on the list and menu for room-service were extremely overpriced.
Overall I don’t think I would stay at this hotel again and would preferably go with another hotel brand. I don’t think it’s worth paying such a dear amount when the only good thing is the service and not the actual room you’re staying in.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank carableueyez
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel. We have checked our records but did not find a complaint registered during your visit. Please be assured that the exterminating company does preventive maintenance on a regular basis at our Hotel to prevent such occurrences. Please let us know more about your experience so that we may investigate further. Thank you. General Manager, Trump International Hotel & Tower New York.

Reviewed 15 April 2011

Love the hotel its location and its consistency...but 3 of thelast 4 time I have left the doorman makes change for the airport bound taxi...it takes the fun out of being there....

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Dear Guest, Thank you for your most recent visit to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay but sorry your experience was marred upon departure due to the doorman's actions. We have arranged for all of our doormen to be coached and counseled regarding this situation. Thank you for your feedback and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience

Reviewed 13 April 2011

four out of five because there some great aspects and some poor aspects. i cant give an overall view of "average" because this hotel certainly isnt average when it comes to the quality of the views, the quality of the bed, and the level of room service. The views over central park were amazing, especially the contrast between the park and the neighbouring skyscrapers, really quite dramatic. the room was spotless, the Trump bed was downright AMAZING, quite frankly the best bed I have ever slept in and they made our honeymoon night special with rose petals scattered everywhere around the room...nice touch!
I cant remember how much we spent per night but it was around $600.
however, if you ask me if I would stay here again, I would have to answer "no". I dont mind spending big bucks for a holiday, but only if its worth it. i had some issues:
no breakfast included and this makes the nightly rate 10% mor expensive. yes, you heard me, 60$ for two for a breakfast comprising pancakes, cappucino and juice. little hefty i think. but this may be the norm in NY or the States?
other issue the bathroom, it was cramped, small bath and I love taking baths. Whats more it took forever to fill the bath, so long in fact that I lost patience and went to bed.
other issue was the location. ok, the views were great and it was close by central park. but, we did central park in an afternoon and the rest of our time was midtown around Macys and Soho, Chinatown and Wall Street. Traffic made travel time consuming and we came to the conclusion that next time we'll stay more around 30th street so that when we walk out our door we are central and we wont get bombarded by promoters renting bikes. This hotel is just a little too far away from where the action is.
maybe we have stayed in too many european hotels with great buffet breakfasts at decent rates, that we are just too critical of the Trump Hotel? Im not sure, everyone has different standards and this just didnt match our full expectations.
but thank you for making our stay as comfortable as possible.
Luke

Room Tip: 16th floor great views
2  Thank lukeray
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, as it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve services for our guests. I am glad for the most part you enjoyed your newly renovated accommodation and our grand views of Central Park. We do apologize for the smaller bathroom this visit and we have made note in your guest profile that you prefer larger bathrooms. I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.