“Trump Internationa NYC”

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #103 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had a one bedroom suite, city view, which is excellent as well. The hotel, the location close to Lincoln Center, Central Park and Columbus circle is very convenient.
The hotel staff is very courteous and efficient.

Room Tip: Best rooms are Central Park view, however rooms with city view are excellent as well
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank guaman
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Here's what I wrote to my cousin about Trump International after a stay this weekend:

"Hi Cousin, I wanted to give you the New York hotel update. We stayed at the Trump International Hotel and Tower (http://www.trumphotelcollection.com/central-park/). You and ****** might want to consider it for several reasons. It is very well located at Columbus Circle, which is at the southwest corner of Central Park. There is a subway station right outside the hotel, so you are basically less than 20 minutes from everything. And if you are walking a lot it is also a great location. We stayed in a city-view suite (one bedroom, one bathroom, kitchen and pull-out couch) and it was very comfortable. The staff at the hotel are really friendly and I was surprised to find that they weren't stuffy at all. I haven't checked rates for your visit, but they often run specials where you can get a night free, etc. ******* is staying there next month with my other sisters, so you have some reliable sources for a nice place to stay.

Hope this helps. Talk to you soon."

What I didn't add is the Attache service and the concierge. Both are fantastic for pretty much anything you need before and during your trip. A very cool thing the Attache folks will do is pick up groceries for your room. This is good if you get in late and want some toast and peanut butter for breakfast the next day without needing to go out.

All the staff at the hotel were super-friendly and helped add to the quality of the experience of staying at the hotel.

I'm looking forward to staying again some time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kreachur

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing the positive feedback about your recent visit. I am also very pleased to learn that you have recommended our Hotel to your relative in another country. We do look forward to welcoming you both to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I am very rarely, if ever, truly impressed by a hotel. I travel so frequently and am very lucky to be able to stay in the best hotels in every city I visit so it takes alot for a hotel to distinguish itself to me. I must say that the Trump Hotel has exceeded all my expectations and shines very brightly as an outlier amongst New York luxury hotels. Over the years I have basically stayed in every single luxury hotel in New York and, with few exceptions, one word comes to mind to describe them: complacent. New York is the number one city of the world and people will come there again and again for that reason and thus the hotels have little incentive to innovate and maintain their standards. The Trump is very different. I always appreciate an entrepreneurial spirit in hotels and one can feel it at the Trump very keenly. They know they have a lot of competition and they make you feel like they want your business and that they are lucky to have you as a customer - not the other way around. To top it all off, the prices are roughly half of what their sub standard competitors charge. Overall, I will never stay in another hotel in New York and will unabashedly recommend it to any and all.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank nicholas2121

Dear Guest, Thank you for your rave review of the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We were given a stay here as a gift. It is sort of a home-away-from-home. A nice quiet, clean, comfortable place in the middle of the city. Great view of the city and Central Park. Staff is attentive and friendly. We had a kitchen in our two bedroom suite. We had a fifth visitor for a couple nights, our adult son. He slept on the comfy fold out sofa in our living room. Very nice with all the amenities of home. To our dismay the pool was closed for renovation, as well as a workout room. We heard it will re-open in May 2012.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzanne V
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities. As you noted, we are undergoing a major renovation of our spa and business center during and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience these new enhancements.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Not one bad thing can I say about this amazing hotel. Great location and views. I stayed in a City View Executive Suite. We had room service a few times and each time that they set up the table in our room, they placed beautiful fresh flowers on the table which was just a nice little touch. The Jean Georges name speaks for itself. My tastebuds were smiling for days afterwards. A nice little box of chocolates were waiting in our room along with a note thanking us for being their guest. You simply could not have asked for better service from arrival to departure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J H
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know Jean-Georges' staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We did a 3 day long weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday mainly for the views and the proximity to Jean Georges rest. which is in the hotel.
When you approach the doormen you will be met with a smile and from that point on you will be treated in a very friendly, but professional way by everyone you encounter.
The rooms are very nice w/ central park views and small kitchen but beware of the sub-zero frig. because placing an item in the lower portion could result in frozen bottles and exploding beverages.( yes we know first hand )
Our complaint comes from the small bathrooms with shower curtains... just not appropriate for the class or price. The trump branded amenities are exquisite and the large walk in closet is appreciated. The beds are firm and custom to his properties and much like those in Four Seasons hotels.
When you walk outside you are at Central Park , Columbus circle, Subways, and Time Warner Building with great shops , restaurants, and Whole foods but it does net sell wine in this location for some reason.
The spa and pool were closed for remodeling So we will see those next time.
A very nice treat was a complimentary birthday cake being in the room refrigerator for my wife. What a nice way to begin our weekend.
I have stayed at many 4 star plus places in NYC and I consider this my favorite hand down .

Room Tip: Obviously... Central Park view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stuartbabcock
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We have noted your preference for larger bathrooms for your upcoming visits, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Out of the many fine hotels i have stayed in in New York i must say Trump knows how to accommodate guests. Stayed in the City view Executive suite. From the moment i arrived at the check inn until check out i was treated with respect and professionalism. Wonderful location to Central Park and midtown. Walking distance to everything you will need. I was very impressed with the full kitchen and well stocked frig and bar. I would recommend it to all. Pricy, but you get what you pay for. Well done Trump Hotels.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a great view, next time i would choose central park view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank smitty5508
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing the positive feedback about your recent visit. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park in the near future.