“like a Trump”

Ranked #104 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Warren, New Jersey
“like a Trump”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

You get what you pay for. We were fortunate enough to have a suite on the 17th floor. The corner view of Central Park and Columbus circle was beautiful. We spent much of the evening with 2 chairs, a bottle of wine looking out at the world below.

The service is the tops! from check in to departure, friendly (not pretentious) and always offering to assist. We had a massage at the spa, small but who needs more than the massage room. The gym is extensive, clean and quiet. did not use the lap pool, but it looked nice.

The location is great, Lincoln Center, restaurants and great for walking.

Room Tip: High floor with park view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rfink22
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of your comfortable guestroom overlooking Central Park, the Spa services and our wonderful friendly hotel staff. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

From check in to check out...
Our stay was enhanced by the hospitality and expertise of the staff at Trump! We love NYC
We love Trump international Hotel!! Already wondering when we will come back and we have not checked out yet....lol

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Launiki
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. I was so pleased to hear that your family thoroughly enjoyed your daughter's birthday weekend. Thank you for commending our staff and kid-friendly services. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Millville, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

The minute you step through the front door, you feel like a member of the family. "The Donald" has managed to put together a staff that is superlative from top to bottom. Every aspect of the trip was flawless from check in to check out. We had a corner suite decorated beautifully with a small kitchen which proved to be a luxury. The windows are floor to ceiling and the shades,curtains and lights are operated mechanically from master switches in each room. The rooms are unbelievably quiet despite the hotel being on one of the busiest venues in NYC. There is no sound transference from guests in adjacent rooms. Housekeeping was flawless and invisible. I did not see a single housekeeping cart during our 4 day stay and the room was serviced precisely at the times requested. The Spa is magnificent and a worthwhile stop on any stay. Room service was spectacular with perfect presentations of perfect food. Prior to arrival, I requested 2 dozen roses be delivered to the room at 4 PM on the day of our arrival. At precisely 4 PM, the doorbell rang and 2 bellman carried in the roses. Every request, no matter how small, is handled in this manner. This was a perfect stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read that your visit was flawless and your appraisal of our team, services. I know our Housekeeping, Spa and Attache staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

My sister and I stayed last weekend for the NYC Marathon. This was a splurge stay I decided to treat us to for 5 months of training in the grueling Florida summer heat. I also thought the location and amenities leant themselves to several marathon related events and the finish- I was not disappointed. Our sixth floor 2 bedroom park view suite looked directly out on to the park- and the actual race course. Had the Fall not been late and the trees missing their leaves, we could have sat on the sofa and watched the runners come in the last .50 mile of the course. A few days before our arrival I called to verify the reservation and asked about a blender in the kitchen. Note made and upon our arrival, there sat requested blender. We were checked in efficinetly by Kristin- who also graciously answered several later questions- and shown around the suite by Ford. All of our encounters with hotel staff were pleasant- attentive service without being stuffy or pushy. Although we did not use the fitness center or pool we went down to look at them and would have more than met our needs. We did not visit bar or on-site restaurant- took advantage of a couple restaurants nearby, the Whole Foods next door and kitchen use (what a treat). Rooms were spacious, clean and neat, excellent housekeeping. Only minor detraction for me were the water bottles with "the Donald's" mug. I loved everything about this stay- the location, proximity to shopping, restaurants, the park, transportation- and in our case the marathon festivities. What a relief to march down Central Park W after running 26.2 miles and be at your Hotel doorstep. If I ever have the opportunity to stay again, I would jump at the chance. Loved the whole experience, I am not sorry I splurged!

Room Tip: If you have the chance spring for the Park View. I could have sat for hours looking out the window...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank a131girl
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park during the NYC Marathon! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

when the best location meets the best service! that´s Trump international.
Great health club. The views from the suites facing the park are really breath-taking.
The two bedroom is perfect size for a familly of 5.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank antonio f
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our newly renovated health club facilities and our breath-taking views of Central Park. We do look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Just returned from a cruise and three night stay at this hotel before flying home. Superb location right opposite Central Park. On arrival we were checked in efficiently and our accommodation was extremely spacious with lounge, kitchen and bedroom. Everything about the hotel was relaxing and rooms were very quiet from the mad world outside. With so many restaurants etc., in the vicinity we ate out and made the most of our time exploring and one of our days was spent totally in Central Park. We do not have any negatives about this wonderful stay and would return without any hesitation.

Room Tip: We requested a low floor and our wish was granted.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David F
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower New York for your recent stay and for recommending your experience. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Columbus circle is my personal favorite area to stay when I visit NY, but I typically stay in the Mandarin Oriental. The Mandarin was full on my last visit however, so I stayed at the Trump hotel for the first time in September and I left satisfied but not enamored. Let me start with the best aspect of my stay and that was the stellar service from check in to check out. The tower is directly next to central park, but you wont get all that great a view unless you are on a high floor. I was in a suite and the room itself was large, but I wish the kitchen space had been used for something else. As a business traveler that also added some tourist activities, I always ate out and the kitchen was simply wasted space. The furnishings were nice, but you can tell the building is older and the bathroom is definitely on the smaller side. There was also an annoying level of sound from the street below (this might not be a problem on higher floors however). The hotel is also missing a true lobby and is simply a check in desk and a couch. Dont get me wrong, the Trump is a fine hotel, but the Mandarin next door is simply far superior in every way. Nomatter where you stay though, you must grab a drink in the lounge on the 38th floor lobby in the Mandarin and follow it with a meal at Jean George in the Trump.

Room Tip: Higher floor, central park view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank SoCalTraveller9
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return. Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.