“Top Shelf in Every Respect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #110 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Naples, FL
“Top Shelf in Every Respect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a combination hotel and residential condo building at the western foot of Central Park. We stayed in 1702 ( believe that was the number) a corner 2 bedroom unit on the top floor of the hotel section of the building. It had a wonderful view of the park, but even better at night when the park is most a dark square a lovely city space view at night from Columbus Circle southward. Rooms were luxuriously appointed in every regard. Maid service was impeccable and unobtrusive with no carts in the halls as supplies were kept in storage closets nearby in the hall. The workout spa had all the equipment you would desire including personal TVs. Another plus was Jean-Georges restaurant off the lobby. The cafe & terrace of J-G serves a great breakfast, too. Highly recommended is their Eggs Benedict made with Flying Pig Farms ham strips. As the unit had a fully equipped kitchenette with dishwasher, one could take advantage of Whole Foods across the street. We did so once to check just check it out and found a complete variety of prepared foods. The maids cleaned the dishes, of course. I read below a complaint about the condition of the mattress and was distressed to hear that the guest did not simply ask for it to be replaced as I am certain that it would have been attended too immediately. By the way, used UBER and UBERx for transportation throughout our stay without a hitch.

Room Tip: Request corner room facing park on top floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our wonderful location, your 2-bedroom park-view suite, as well as the hotel services you enjoyed. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Noosa, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you're after a memorable experience in the Big Apple this is the hotel for you. Unsurpassed views of Central Park and the city skyline. Our 15th floor corner suite was exceptional with Park views from one window and Columbus Circle from the other. Could not fault the professionalism and friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Corner suites are sensational for views and higher floors have less road noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christine S
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower New York at Central Park! We are so pleased that you had a memorable experience in the Big Apple and were impressed with your guestroom as well as our location and amenities. Our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations once again.
Sudbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The personnel were outstanding - friendly, helpful, always going out of the way to make sure you were more than pleased. Our room was upgraded and it was lovely, even if my side of the bed was a little crowded by the nightstand. BUT...the mattress was horrible. The side edge of the mattress was practically broken and the edge sagged as you sat to climb in. Not enough back support. And there were just two many pillows. The six pillows were just in the way and there was no good place to put them.

This would easily be a five star plus rating. Location, staff, breakfast, all lovely. But the bad mattress costs them a star.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite from a king. Enjoyed the suite, but it was a not a king-sized bed, but...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank alice m
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities. Please be assured we have addressed the mattress in your guestroom. We thank you for your comments and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our stay was excellent. Quality service is a culture and pervasive. Cannot say enough good, the location is excellent. Bathrooms are a little 90s, but otherwise fully updated. Hotel is on Columbus circle subway stop. The staff is top notch and shooed a couple of miscreants out of our elevator before we knew what had happened. In all a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was looking for a hotel in NYC and found a great rate on hotels.com with a view of Central Park (well, great rate for NYC prices!). I checked the Trump website to compare pricing and it was actually more expensive on their site (same exact room type, fully refundable rate, etc). However, they have a best rate guarantee that pledges that if you find a better rate for their hotel on another website within 24 hours of booking a reservation with them, that they will honor that rate along with an additional 15% off. So I went ahead and booked with Trump using their site and then immediately filled out their best rate guarantee form that they provided on their website. I never heard back from them. After a couple of weeks I emailed the hotel directly and again, never received a response. Last week, a month after making the reservation, I called the hotel. The hotel apologized but then also said they would need to call me back. I never heard back- it has been 9 business days since I called. I am giving up on them, cancelling my reservation, and booking a comparable hotel nearby. They do not honor their guarantee so I suggest if you find a lower rate elsewhere, book it post haste and don't rely on them to honor their commitment!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank sunflower456
Memphis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our experience at the Trump Hotel was overwhelmingly positive. The staff gives the impression that they truly care that their guests are happy. We arrived at 11:30 am (way ahead of check in time) and in 5 minutes were told our room was ready. We were given water bottles and offered a welcoming soft drink to be delivered to our room (the lemonade was a good choice). Our room was on the 5th floor with a nice few of Central Park.
On my second day I requested a refrigerator from housekeeping for food I had purchased. I was told I could put my items in the minibar (which I did). Thirty minutes later I received a call from Laticia (the housekeeping supervisor-I hope I am spelling her name correctly) who told me that the minibar is only 68 degrees and if I needed a real refrigerator, I would have to upgrade to a room with a kitchenette. She arranged this, called me when the 8th floor room was ready, and had the bellhop move me. Mr. Trump-Laticia has management potential.
WiFi was free and fast (I noticed a router in the closet of each of my rooms-so that avoids a weak signal).
I was bothered by the toilet seat being off kilter (caty wumpus as we say down South). When I first reported this someone from engineering was sent to fix it. When I reported that the repair was not satisfactory, the entire toilet seat was replaced. I see this as another example of the "can do" attitude at the Trump.
I am not sure why a recent reviewer complained about the towels-they were among the largest and plushest I have ever used. I am going see if the Trump organization sells them.
I think Donald Trump has done a great job of creating a luxury lifestyle-brand and the Trump International Hotel and Tower lives up to his name.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElvisMem
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so that we may exceed your expectations once again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The first thing that comes to mind of my memorial day weekend stay was that the staff was very courteous. They were all friendly and helpful. The location is also excellent being in a central location to everything we wanted to do. The executive suite was perfect for what we were looking for. With four of us staying (3 adults and 1 toddler), it was plenty big enough. The staff even came in every night to pull out the sleeper couch and return it after we left.

If I had to nitpick issues then I would say that some of the bathroom amenities could use an upgrade. The shower head was lose and had less than desired water pressure. Another small gripe was that you couldn't checkout using the room TV. It may be possible but I couldn't find the option, and gave up. I've also slept on better mattresses, but the one they had was still great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Matt C
Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park over Memorial Day weekend. Thank you for commending our courteous and friendly staff, our wonderful location and your comfortable executive suite accommodation with the pullout sofa bed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.