“Simply the Best in NYC!”

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #105 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Tucson, Arizona
“Simply the Best in NYC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

So here's the deal! I love this hotel! It's not our style at all but it is the very best run hotel in NYC. From the priceless welcome upon arrival, the great memories of the desk and door staff who always know me and my Dad to the beautiful well equipped suites with nothing but the best well maintained furnishings and equipment I have ever seen.

The spacious living rooms and bedrooms, great little kitchens with everything you could need for full meal service and the added extra touch of automated lighting and window dressings makes for very comfortable living.

The gym and pool are gorgeous, clean and very well maintained and operated! The staff is top notch and the attitudes are supportive and professional.

Simply put it is our NYC home away from home! Words cannot express our gratitude to the incredible staff.

And to top it off we cannot stand Donald Trump personally. His attitude, style and especially his political views are in our opinion reprehensible behavior. Especially how he acts towards The President of the United States with such arrogant disrespect and venom. His Barnum and Bailey techniques and the crass commercialism he embodies are offensive to us.

But he has our respect for how he runs his hotel! It is close to flawless and a great value!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank FinnieF
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York at Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here a while ago because of the location and reputation of Trump as the best of the best. Not a bad hotel if you like small and I understand that NY accommodation is mostly small and very expensive but it does come as a shock to experience just how small it is! We had a suite for 2 Adults and 2 teenagers and we were very pleased that NY is the city that never sleeps because it was great to get outdoors! Service was good and friendly, especially the doormen and the in room dining was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank djhm
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your March 2014 stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. For your next visit, you might consider booking a larger one bedroom suite which would provide more space for your family of four. Once again, thank you for your comments and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay in the hotel as a family of 4. The welcome from the staff was excellent and always a smile when we passed through reception on the way out or on arrival back.
The room was great, the bathroom was compact and bijou (Not a full size bath) but for all we used it for... The bedroom for us was perfect with a monstrous TV! The main living area with the sofa bed was great for the kids and the kitchen area a bonus for breakfast! The Trump Attache was a great service and we used them to pre order groceries! The only negative apart from the small bedroom was the fact we were on a low floor (6th) next time I would request a higher floor! The only thing missing for us was a bar to relax for a drink with the kids in an evening. We did eat in Nougatine and will write a review there! When we next look at coming to NYC I will look at Trump International

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scottish_Foodie
Dear Guest, Thank you for your very positive review after your 8-day visit to Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park. We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations and Attache services. Upon your next booking with us, we suggest that you mention you prefer a larger bathroom and higher floor and we will do our best to accommodate these requests. Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife had always wanted a hotel room overlooking Central Park, so as part of her surprise 40th birthday celebration I booked a room at Trump International Hotel & Tower.
I did have issues trying to get a quote from the hotel for our required dates (3 emails sent no reply) & eventually after sending an email to Amanda Miller the Trump International Press Information Contact, Suzie Mills the General Manager got in touch.
After a few emails back & forth regarding my requirements which Suzie was very very helpful with I booked a Delux Room overlooking Central Park.
Once my booking was made I received various emails from the concierge & the attaché offering their assistance with any requirements we may have - which was excellent & the took care of all my booking requests, so thank you once again Carlos & Paul.
On arrival the reception team were very pleasant, but could have smiled a bit more to make it feel more welcoming. We were given our keys for our room & pointed in the direction of the lifts, now I would have thought that a hotel of this stature someone would have taken us to our room & showed us around - maybe that's just me!!
When we got to the room there was a lovely card, strawberries dipped in chocolate & bottle of champagne to celebrate my wife's birthday which was a nice touch. The room was pretty basic with a kitchenette but it had the most AMAZING view of Central Park, it didn't take my wife long to get her camera out & start snapping away. The bathroom was a bit on the small size but after coming to New York for over 13 years you get use to that. The room / bathroom were very clean but could have been doing with some TLC as some parts were looking a bit grubby & run down, not what I would have expected especially when I have heard Mr Trump talking on television about his vision for the Trump Golf Course in Aberdeen.
We only stayed the 2 nights & we never used any of the amenities, room service etc as we were hardly in the room. But if it hadn't been for the view we could have been in any hotel to be honest & I'm sure if I had stayed at another hotel a lot more effort would have been made to make it a more memorable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LMK72
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed 6 nights in June 2014 and I can say that in general it's a good hotel with really wonderful service. Location is unbeatable too. Just one thing that was really disappointed: rooms are in urgent need of refurbishment, not five stars at all.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Igor40
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that the hotel delivered really wonderful service to you and we do agree that our location at the juncture of Central Park West, Columbus Circle and Broadway is unbeatable. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I live in the area, stayed here during some apartment renovations. For tourists the location is nice - next to Central Park, close to Lincoln Center and Broadway theaters. However the Central Park View room had a bland interior with a very small/outdated bathroom. When I closed the door the first time, the doorstop broke off! Not to mention having to call someone to repair three burned out lightbulbs. The hotel needs updating. The staff was nice enough but for the high price it isn't a luxury experience. There are many hotels with Central Park and city views. It might be worth investigating other options if that's a priority. If you're after a design hotel experience this is not the place. If you're a Trump fan, the Soho property is definitely more up to date.

Room Tip: High floor, Central Park view are the only reasons to stay!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
10 Thank wholewideworld
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. For your information, we do offer suites with larger bathrooms so please let us know your preference when you next visit.. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Trump NYC three times in total. The last two was pretty average. So it was not our first choice for a week stay in NYC. Anyway all 5 of us ended up in three rooms in Trump somehow and extended our stay to 9 days!

When we hopped off from two taxis, the door men were very helpful with all the luggage and baby strollers. Then the check in staff greeting us with the best smiles. From that moment I knew this time would be different from the other two!

There are two things strike me during my stay.
1. I have some particular requirement on housekeeping. On the second day, the lady who did turn down service for us also helped with some cleaning. So the next day, I told housekeeping that we would like to have the same lady to do,cleaning for us,during our stay. Later the housekeeping manager came over with her cleaning staffs. She was worried I was,not happy with the service. That of course was not the reason. So she asked the lady, who cleaned the rooms with my specific requirement to train others.
I felt a bit guilty by causing so much trouble....

2. On the last night of our stay, my son had a fever and was very grumpy whole night. So I decided to stay for another one or two days. After I checked with front desk, I got a call from hotel and asked me how my son is and if i need more help. On the check out date, front desk lady asked about my son again. This is a small thing but it brightened my day a bit. J

For the quality of the service, the magnificant views and the convenient location, we definitely will make it our regular stop over in NYC!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.