“The Tower's rooms are excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria - TEMPORARILY CLOSED

The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Ranked #26 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chicago
“The Tower's rooms are excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

This has been my ninth stay at the Waldorf over the past two years and the first in the Tower section. I had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite on the twenty-ninth floor and found the decor to be spectacular and certainly was representative of the imagery one expects from the Waldorf=Astoria.

The Tower lobby is located on the side of the Waldorf=Astoria and has very limited curb access. The lobby for the Tower section is quite small but very intimate and tastefully decorated. The check-in process was quite friendly and quick, staff were very professional and courteous throughout my three night stay.

The in-room amenities were very good, inclusive of a nice tea service set which not all rooms likely have. The bathrooms were in excellent condition and very well lighted. A word of caution, if you walk in your stocking feet be very careful when you enter the marble floored bathroom as the chemicals off of the carpet which are now on your socks too make the floor extremely slippery and dangerous.

The only disappointment I experienced during my stay was in the restaurants. The service and quality of food was substandard and not what I would expect sitting in the lobby of the main hotel.

During my stay I was greeted by name as I entered and left the lobby of the Tower section and I felt the niceness of the entire rooms division staff was greater than what I typically experience in New York City.

In closing, if you get an opportunity to stay at the Waldorf Towers in NYC, do yourself a favor and do so. Splurge a bit, you're worth it. :)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LiscomeBay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Casares, Malaga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

Our three different rooms at the Towers were all beautifully furnished in traditional style with antiques etc as you would expect from the Astoria. The rooms are quiet and beautifully kept. Travelling with teenagers we did not find the staff stuffy but on the contrary extremely friendly and welcoming. On the whole we really liked the hotel and would recommend it.

We had an excellent meal at The Bull and Bear restaurant but found the Peacock Alley Restaurant was too much like a bar. We had Sunday brunch in the self service restaurant downstairs which was also disappointing. On the other hand there were so many alternatives available close by and well recommended by the Concierge who were themselves particularly helpful over all matters and helped make our stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank EnglishmaninSpain
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

At checkin the agent was cordial and very attentive, and escorted us to our accomodations. As usual at the Towers, the appointments of the suite were beautiful. The bedrooms are exceptionally comfortable, especially the Pillows! The food at the Bull & Bear is superb.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

When I taught of writing a review for the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria many things came to my mind. Instead of telling you how amazing it is (which of course it is!!) I have to say something else: The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria was for me like my HOME…

My grandma with her daughters lived there for one year and I can tell you now that there is no New York if I do not stay at the Towers.

I have to express my gratitude to everyone who made us feel like home in a city far away from home: Bikram, Adam, Tony, Paul, Rosauara, Daniel, Nate, the girls at the 26th floor where we used to have breakfast , the people at the reception and concierge, Michael, Carmen, Jean, Austria, Tatiana, Celso,Chachi, Ned.

Of course that running into the elevator with Jake Gyllenhaal is a bonus!

Besides, it is perfectly located to shop, shop and shop ;)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank MariaJose08
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Absolutely stunning hotel. We arrived late at night and were upgraded. We have very much been spoilt and nothing I fear will live up to this hotel with my children again !

Will certainly stay here again on our next visit to NY.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank leedslady083
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

I planned a perfect evening to propose to my girlfriend and narrowed it down to just a few hotels, the Waldorf towers being at the top of the list. I purchased a luxury suite for the evening and had plans of surprising her with the room after a nice dinner.

I made a mention of my plans to one of the managers at the WT and he referred me to the head concierge, Michael. I was blown away by how accommodating they were with my requests. I was upgraded to one of the nicest suites in the building and was given a beautiful flower arrangement and champagne all on the house, without even asking! Everyone from the doormen to the maids maintained the utmost service and the room was absolutely perfect.

Needless to say, my then girlfriend (and now fiancee!) was blown away. Nothing could have been better. The only thing we were missing was a hairbrush, and with a quick call, it was brought up immediately to our door (or should I say double doors)!

Thank you Waldorf Towers! We WILL be back again (hopefully sooner than later).

Special thanks to Alfred the doorman who pretended there was actually a bar on the 36th floor of the WT (which is how I tricked my fiancee into thinking we didn't have a room), to Jonathan for helping us every step of the way, and Michael for making sure every tiny detail was taken care of.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pacello
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

This was such an amazing experience. Overall, we had an excellent stay! Great staff, service, and EVERYTHING. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, the entire hotel is beautiful, and I'll be back!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends