This has been my ninth stay at the Waldorf over the past two years and the first in the Tower section. I had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite on the twenty-ninth floor and found the decor to be spectacular and certainly was representative of the imagery one expects from the Waldorf=Astoria.
The Tower lobby is located on the side of the Waldorf=Astoria and has very limited curb access. The lobby for the Tower section is quite small but very intimate and tastefully decorated. The check-in process was quite friendly and quick, staff were very professional and courteous throughout my three night stay.
The in-room amenities were very good, inclusive of a nice tea service set which not all rooms likely have. The bathrooms were in excellent condition and very well lighted. A word of caution, if you walk in your stocking feet be very careful when you enter the marble floored bathroom as the chemicals off of the carpet which are now on your socks too make the floor extremely slippery and dangerous.
The only disappointment I experienced during my stay was in the restaurants. The service and quality of food was substandard and not what I would expect sitting in the lobby of the main hotel.
During my stay I was greeted by name as I entered and left the lobby of the Tower section and I felt the niceness of the entire rooms division staff was greater than what I typically experience in New York City.
In closing, if you get an opportunity to stay at the Waldorf Towers in NYC, do yourself a favor and do so. Splurge a bit, you're worth it. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria New York is currently closed while undergoing an exciting renovation. Please visit Conrad New York or additional Hilton hotels for availability. --- Soaring above Manhattan on the 28th-42nd floors of The Waldorf=Astoria, this boutique hotel is home to celebrities and corporate leaders and has hosted every American president since Herbert Hoover. The hotel features a collection of 181 rooms, including 123 impressive suites with its own Les Clef D’Or concierge and a dedicated private entrance. Towers Guest enjoy complimentary Continental breakfast in the Astoria Lounge. The hotel is situated within the Waldorf Astoria in midtown Manhattan, near shops, museums & the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria - TEMPORARILY CLOSED reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Towers Of The Waldorf Astoria Hotel New York City
- Waldorf Hotel New York City
- Waldorf New York
- Waldorf Towers
- Waldorf Astoria New York City