A beautiful hotel and a real art deco masterpiece.
Outstanding staff - very helpful and very friendly. Breakfast in bed is recommended - they wheel in a huge table piled with delicious food, fresh coffee & orange, etc - it's like something you'd see in a '50s film!
Brilliant location, stay in the Towers rather than the main hotel for real sky scraper views.
My Mum and I stayed from 24th - 28th December 2007 and had a magical time. I would recommend to anyone. Perhaps not very child friendly, but perfect for friends or couples of any age.
Next time I would like to stay in a more contemporary hotel, but this is a real experience!
(Breakfast in the downstairs cafe, I think it is called Oscars, is a bit of a disaster though - try the brunch bars on Lexington Ave).
There is a beautiful church right next to the Waldorf with a restaurant inside, Try it for something a little different and to get away from the crowds. Delicious food & wine, great service.
Greenwich Village is a must - there's some brilliant shopping to be done (designer clothing - Marc Jacobs, Juicy, James Perse etc alongside record stores, bric a brac, etc) and it's just so pretty. Pop into one of the little restaurants - we went to Autumn and had a very unusual European meal - tasty, good wine!
Avoid Times Square like the plague, and make sure you see the Metropolitan Museum of Art. For the most delicious chinese try Chin Chins on East 49th Street
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria New York is currently closed while undergoing an exciting renovation. Please visit Conrad New York or additional Hilton hotels for availability. --- Soaring above Manhattan on the 28th-42nd floors of The Waldorf=Astoria, this boutique hotel is home to celebrities and corporate leaders and has hosted every American president since Herbert Hoover. The hotel features a collection of 181 rooms, including 123 impressive suites with its own Les Clef D’Or concierge and a dedicated private entrance. Towers Guest enjoy complimentary Continental breakfast in the Astoria Lounge. The hotel is situated within the Waldorf Astoria in midtown Manhattan, near shops, museums & the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Southall Travel so you can book your The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria - TEMPORARILY CLOSED reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Towers Of The Waldorf Astoria Hotel New York City
- Waldorf Hotel New York City
- Waldorf New York
- Waldorf Towers
- Waldorf Astoria New York City