“The Best Authentic Ramen Shop in NYC”
Review of Naruto Ramen

Naruto Ramen
Ranked #957 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 24 June 2013

If you want to try real Japanese Ramen noodles you should go to Naruto. I assure Naruto can serve authentic Japanese style Ramen noodles. I recommend Shouyu or Miso soup noodles. They have real Japanese taste and flavor. Also you should try fried dumplings, so called Gyouza. This is also real Japanese style dumpling, totally different from Chinese one. All staff is very brisk and friendly. I love their shop atmosphere, that is real Japanese air. Please enjoy!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Went here after dropping our bags at the room following a long bus ride. Their house ramen was filling and plentiful and the staff was friendly enough. I'd gladly go again. Very small place though. Might be better at lunch than dinner if busy. Two meals and two drinks cost $28 before tip.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We ate a late dinner here last month & had a nice time. The place is tiny like almost all ramen shops in Japan so the feeling is very authentic to Japan.
The cooks are all from Japan & again give a nice real Japanese feeling to the place.
The 2 different ramen soups we had were pretty good. The fried rice was my favorite. Made fresh while you watch. The gyoza looked good but was weird. Avoid this maybe. the fried chicken
( Karaage ) is very tasty. Fun shop. Will return late at night when intoxicated!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Having discovered "real" ramen a year ago in NYC, I was eager to try new restaurants and expand my repertoire. I had heard good things about Naruto and am happy to report that I was not disappointed. I am sure that a wait is unavoidable in the evenings, but I had the luck of trying this place at lunch- walked right in, no waiting. It is true, though, that this place only has 14 seats, counter-style. I would recommend it first for a solo experience (eating ramen isn't the prettiest experience, but boy is it delicious!) or for a quick meal with one friend. Enjoy the hole-in-the-wall atmosphere and authentic taste. Give it a go at midday and try the Naruto ramen or the miso ramen- both are great options.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

My first visit here. I had the tan tan (minced pork in a spicy miso fatty broth) ramen for $9. Wow, one of the best ramens I've had. On par with Ippudo. 14 seats but worth the wait. Sign in on the clipboard inside the front door.

1  Thank Angela L