“A secret garden,a new chef and great food,what else?!!!”
Review of Sangria 46

Sangria 46
Reserve with OpenTable
Sangria 46 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #657 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 8th and 9th Ave.
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street.
Description: Sangria 46 offers the cuisine of Spain and Latin America in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, we serve a delicious array of seafood, meat, and vegetarian tapas and entrees, as well as paella and prix-fixe menus. We also feature an extensive selection of sangrias, wines, cocktails, and beers. Enjoy sitting at the bar, in the main dining room, or outside on the patio.
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Sangria 46 is on the popular Restaurant Row in the theater district . I have eaten here a dozen times. Well a new chef, Nacho Marin, has arrived from Andalusia,Spain and that has made all the difference! The caldo gallego(Galecian bean soup) is better than ever! the tapas are generous helpings of delicious food from different regions in Spain. Chef Marin recommends the grilled octopus and,the aubergine(eggplant) . The vegetales salteados are asparagus and spinach dripping with melted goat cheese and mozzarella:heaven in a dish! The boquerones are the best in vinaigrette! There is something for everyone. I ate there yesterday and the private garden was an oasis away from the noise and traffic. Our server,Valentino, was very knowledgeable about the dishes and is bilingual. All in all it was a great afternoon on the west side of manhattan. We had to walk home part of the way to digest so many rich treats!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

There are many choices in the theater district and it can be hard to recognize the genuine good deal. We will not eat in a restraint that has lower than an "A" code from the NYC health department so that does remove a good number of the restaurants in this area. Sangria 46 has been consistently good and rated A. We had never been there for dinner before but while lunch offers a better deal the Prix-fix dinner was still a good value. We were invited to sit in the garden. It was lovely and seemed far from the Manhattan bustle. Our servers were friendly and helpful and paced the meal well. I enjoyed the mussels for my appetizer and had the tasty skirt steak. They were out of the flan I usually order so I settled for Cuban flan but the apple pie and ice cream enjoyed by my granddaughters would have been another good choice.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Read all the reviews so our group of 6 thought this would be a great place to go for dinner before our Broadway show that night. We all ordered the prix-fix meal (app, entree, and dessert all ordered at the beginning of the meal) thinking that would be the fastest way to get the sangria 46 experience. Apps came out super fast and were very good! We had the chorizo, mushrooms and shrimp and the were all very enjoyable. Entrees came out fast too and were all very good as well. But, that's where the service got very, very poor. Waited 40 minutes for desserts (we ordered churros and chocolate ice creams) and still didn't have it by the time we had to leave for the theater. Our waitress was in no hurry and we told her up front we had a show to be at by 8 pm. It wasn't like they were busy, it was a Tuesday night with maybe 10-15 people in the restaurant at any one time. So, overall, the food was a 4 for us and service was a 2 and that's being generous.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Very quiet nice small place. Sangria was really good. I thought the tapas was good but not spectacular. The only thing I remember as outstanding was a very simple dish of chorizo and onions. Service was very good, friendly, there without hovering. I wish they had asked us if we wanted to eat outside. We didn't notice the patio at first - there was definitely room out there would have liked to sit there. Pricing seemed very reasonable (especially for that area).

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I went in looking for a good glass of Malbec and found new friends that made me feel like family. The owner and his wife are now like family to me as well as everyone who works there. The food is FABULOUS!!! I enjoyed myself so much that I visited three times while I was in the city for work. I took friends and they too left feeling like family. If you like Sangria they even make one with Lemoncello!!!!! Let me warn you... the food, music and adult refreshement and the locals are habit forming ~ you will not be able to stay away if you come to the area. Tell them Lisa sent you!!!!