“Cheesecake! Cheesecake Everywhere!”
Review of Junior's

Junior's
Ranked #42 of 478 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is how you do Juniors:

After a Broadway show (preferably one without an intermission, as you avoid the crowds - and believe me, there are crowds) head over here. Don't bother with food (or do, I just have never tried their food - or eaten here before 10pm). Definitely be seated; don't bother with the 'take away', it cheapens the experience. You'll be seated at a small table, and yes you're on top of everyone around you. It's a popular spot. Order cheesecake and enjoy.

The cheesecake is amazing and I don't even like cheesecake. Chocolate swirl is my favorite. The best part is it's super quick - only about thirty minutes from the time you're seated to the time you leave. Last time I was there I headed over on a rare unbusy evening at about 10:30 and by 11:00 was on my way to meet friends at the bar. It's a nice mid-point to a fun evening!

Write a ReviewReviews (9,018)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I can't comment on the restaurant, because I stopped by the bakery to get a cheesecake to go. But I can say it was an amazing cheesecake. My husband and I shared a chocolate cheesecake. Since cheesecake is my favourite dessert, I had great expectations. And I was not disappointed. It was both fluffy and creamy and just so delicious! The service was good, too. Quick, but still friendly and not rushed. I will make sure to come back here every time I come to NYC.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Not my first time to eat at Junior's, but my best experiences there to date. It was later in the evening - 9:30 or so and we had missed dinner due to watching the NIT finals at the Garden. We stopped in and was told it was a 35 minute wait for a party of 4 - we were seated in 10 minutes. The initial service was fast and cheerful and the server was superb at giving recommendations: we were more in a "lunch mood" and his recommendations were perfect (Rueben, pastrami, club and grilled cheese).
Grilled Cheese sandwich was incredible - any other that I will eat in the future will be compared to Junior's (Texas toast bread, perfectly grilled and gobs of cheese + steak fries). Best tasting pastrami I've had in years and a huge amount of it! Club sandwich made with Texas toast and at least 8" high. Then there was the cheesecake for dessert - delicious as only Junior's can be and the portion size was deceptively larger than it looks. Only minor nit-pick on service was that we had to flag down another server to get refill on the coffee as every table was filled that evening and our server was very busy.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have been to Juniors enough times to know to expect a line at the door! The food was good and the cheesecake was great as always.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I liked that the cheesecake was light compared to some other restaurant cheesecakes. I didn't get a chance to try the food because of the 1 and a half wait. Will have to plan better on my next trip to be able to take in the full Junior's experience. But it's a good thing they have the bakery right next door to the restaurant so you can at least try their cheesecake and see what all the hype is about.