“يا سلام Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Melograno

Il Melograno
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Melograno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,255 of 13,481 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Midtown
“يا سلام Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I came to this restaurant randomly. IT'S SATISFYING AND I LOVED IT.
It is an Italian place in an active street.
It was my first re saurant

new york
“Great small spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Food delicious staff friendly priced right!!! 8 friends had an early weeknight dinner here after a show. We will all return!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Friendly and great wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stopped here while waiting to get into The Daily Show. The service was attentive but not rushed. We just relaxed and chatted while the kept the wine flowing. Delightful!

Visited May 2014
Manassas, Virginia
“Charming Neighborhood Italian Restaurant near Broadway Shows”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We ate dinner at Il Melograno on Saturday night before a Broadway show. We selected this restaurant due to comments on TripAdvisor.com and its proximity to the show we were seeing on 52nd Street. We found Il Melagrano to be lovely and worth experiencing.

I now understand what other reviewers meant about the laid back service, which felt very friendly and accepting. Need another few minutes to read the menu? No problem. Need a suggestion for a glass of wine? It was offered. They are so friendly that reservations are taken using your first name rather than last name.

The food was very good. My husband had Fettuccine Gamberi e Zafferano (fresh fettuccine, sautéed jumbo shrimp, creamy saffron sauce, chives, baby arugula) which had a lovely creamy flavor; the shrimp weren't quite jumbo, but the dish was very tasty. I had fish dish that was a special that evening, accompanied by roasted rosemary potatoes, green beans and an eggplant puree; it was delicious. The portions were perfect for me but some might find them small. Those with heartier appetites should order an appetizer, salad or pasta course in addition to the main course. The meal was accompanied by a basket of wonderful crusty bread with olive oil for dipping.

We agree with other commenters that this is great Italian food in the theater district. The restaurant is intimate, with tables set very closely together (I'm talking 4 inches between tables) but we were able to carry on a conversation without problem.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greenwich, Connecticut
“A Neighborhood Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Ever since our first visit we have been enamored with this gem of a restaurant. Everything about this restaurant, this family eatery, is exceptional. The food, the prices, the service, the ambiance are all so conducive to your enjoyment. Each time we visit, we feel like we have come home. We are greeted by the staff with genuine warmth and kindness. They remember our names, they ask about family members, they embrace us. The menu, while so simple, offers some very interesting selections. Last evening one of my sons said, "Dad, I never thought I would eat purple food - it was so good!" My son was referring to the ricotta filled ravioli with red beet sauce. Our table agreed to a person that the octopus was the best any of us have ever had - ever! A very discerning Italian guest, an accomplished home cook, could not stop commenting on the quality of the food. Wow, that impressed me.

We are grateful to have discovered this wonderful, family friendly, warm, inviting place to enjoy a very fine meal with friends. My congratulations to Alberto, the owner Il Melograno. Thank you for always making us feel special and genuinely welcome. The staff is second to none!

Wishing you well,