other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terry F
Manningtree, United Kingdom
“Disappointing overall”
Reviewed 28 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked this apartment based purely upon the Trip Advisor description. I was happy to take the savings offered as, to be honest, this did seem to represent good value, on the face of it. I was slightly wary of the fact there were no reviews, but I'd left this a little late in the day, and the location seemed decent. All my comminications were responded to in a friendly, efficient and timely way and nothing deterred me from being anything other than confident with my choice! Although it's taken me a while to post this review, I have to say I was just so disappointed overall with this apartment.
I really don't like to moan, and I've tried to temper my review against the fact that we'd spent the previous 18 days lolling between an ideal east coast family stay, idyllic Californian family ranch in the vineyards, and a relatively luxurious apartment stay in San Francisco. We were fortunate enough to have enjoyed a great and lucky time on our travels, and perhaps this may have coloured my view upon our wearisome arrival at 01.30 that morning. And as only this place can, New York seemed to punch us in the face after a pretty busy week and a horribly long travel time of some 18 or so hours.
I only mention all this as I feel this should be read in context!
To cut to the chase here's my comments in brief-
TV wasn't working
Window ac units are behind the headboards in 2 of the 3 bedrooms
The filthy blinds are best left down over the equally filthy windows
We weren't unduly bothered by the blue video show next door after the initial shock and humour of It!
The stairs were a struggle with large heavy cases but you only have to do it once
The steel reinforced doors were off putting but I guess necessary
I mistakenly used my key on the wrong door on the first night and found myself in a neighbours apartment; I talked myself out of it but did take the precaution of pushing our cases against the door at night time (landlord please note!)
Position is good for everything and place we wanted to visit!

Overall?? I felt this was basic apartment, warts and all, well situated, but best suited perhaps to students or younger people. I wished I'd spent more, but this really wasn't of acceptable standard!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Leslie H
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Very misleading ad!!!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

I was extremely disappointed in the apartment. We tried to check out within ten minutes of having arrived. Communications with owner were easy and responsive all the way up to arrival but owner would not respond to us after check in. We had no problem getting in touch with owner as late as the cab ride to the apartment. After that, all communication stopped. Owner ignored all texts, calls and emails. Apartment appeared dirty. Sheets and comforters appeared to be decades old (stained and pilling). Not the pretty white duvets, as shown in pictures. The walls dividing the "three rooms" are not complete walls so sound is a problem, as well as air flow. The middle bedroom bed appeared to be a box spring with a sheet over it. It was completely unusable and the slightest movement caused very loud squeaking (remember the "walls"). The stove would not turn on. There was mold in the shower. No closets as stated in the ad. Owner also sent someone in apartment while we were out. (All our purses were in the apartment at the time) At check out, we confronted the person about coming into apartment. She first denied it, then admitted to it after shown proof.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

debbie325...
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

This property is very falsely advertised.
There are NO closets for clothes, NO working stove or appliances. It is NOT a 5 minute walking distance to central park or other attractions. Most electrical outlets don't work. There is terrible air flow throughout apartment. The middle bedroom is useless because of a terribly old mattress and bed. The TV gets two channels. Shower takes forever to drain, the ac is leaky and noisy In bedrooms.... and many more unpleasant things. I received NO response from owner. But someone did come in unannounced to remove the coffee pot, which had old very moldy coffee grinds In it. It was so nasty and unclean! Don't get scammed like I did! This apartment needs to be taken off of FlipKey/TripAdvisor!!!!!!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing