“South American flavor & atmosphere, while in New York City!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Havana Central - CLOSED

Havana Central
Cuisines: American, Latin, Cuban, Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 113th and 114th Streets
Transit: The 1 Subway line to 110th or 116th Streets. The 104 Bus stops at 113th Street and the M4 stops at 110th Street.
Description: Havana Central at the West End transports you to pre-Revolution Cuba with swanky decor, lively jazz, relaxing bar and beloved recipes. Traditional Cuban cooking is a labor of love: many dishes are slow-cooked over low heat and require constant attention to create that perfect flavor. Executive Chef Stanley Licairac has mastered the patience and style necessary to recreate old-world Cuban classics. Havana Central at the West End was voted one of the Top 10 Best Places in New York for Groups by OpenTable diners, so gather your loved ones and celebrate the Cuban culture with hot jazz, fine dining and delicious mojiots!
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“South American flavor & atmosphere, while in New York City!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

My lime & sugar cane chicken salad was divine, gluten free, & took me back to feeling like I was in a little restaurant I'd experienced in Managua, Nicaragua this past summer. We ate there before seeing Annie on Broadway, & our waiter didn't waste any time getting our food out to us, so they were not on South American time (relaxed). It was snowing buckets when we visited, but with the lush tropical decor, music, & fans going, you'd think otherwise. My 5 year old was able to comfortably nap on the soft cushioned corner seats before the show. My husband had a fabulous mojito, which I plan to order next time. It was a perfect experience all around. You can bet I will be back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Good food, Good Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We enjoyed this place. Nice music, superb food, and excellent service. Our table was not the best one in the restaurant (2nd floor, against the wall), but the food and service made it all OK. Very efficient and very friendly. It seemed to me that the staff working in this place enjoy serving the guests, and are undisputed professionals. I do not say this often, but I have only positive words about how good the service was.

Food is perfect too.

But... why is there no wi-fi in this restaurant? As tourist, I would have loved to log on and check in!

Big recommendation; try this restaurant!

McKinney, Texas
“Delicious food, mediocre service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Good: I ordered the pineapple chicken with beans and rice and it was really delicious. The portions are pretty large. I would recommend sharing.

The Bad: Along the lines of many NY restaurants the service was poor in my opinion. We walked in and told the hostess there were 3 in our party. She asked for my name but did not write it down. There was one other family there waiting when we arrived. The hostess told us it would be a few minutes while they cleared a table, no problem. The problem came when we had waited about 15 minutes and other ppl started coming in and getting seated ahead of us! We ended up having to stand right next to the hostess stand and insist that they seat us next. We saw this happen with others as they entered as well. The didnt have any organization in the way they seated guests. Very odd (and frustrating) in my opinion.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wichita, Kansas
“Fun Atmosphere, Good Food, Decent Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I ate dinner at Havana Central in Times Square. The food wasn't overly fancy or fussy, but it was tasty, and the service was attentive. The prices weren't outrageous either, which was a pleasant surprise.

Visited December 2013
Dunedin, Florida
“Good Cuban Food - better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Being part Cuban, I always rate a Cuban restaurant by whether or not my food tastes better than what I eat at a restaurant. In this case, the meal I had was pleasantly good. It was good enough that I would consider eating here again. Our waiter, Justin, was fabulous.

My husband and I shared pernil, and I had an extra order of arroz morro. Other meals ordered by friends were: pork shank, pinion, black bean soup, and ropa vieja. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Deserts ordered were: flan, churros, chocolate cake -- all were good. The espresso was OK - a little cold.

I found the prices on the expensive side -- and the tip was added to the check (we did give a little extra for the great service).

• Visited November 2013