“Great upper West side location, solid 3-4 star, voted be 4-5 star with some attention to detail ”
Review of NYLO New York City

NYLO New York City
Ranked #180 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I'm originally from the upper West side so love this location when coming back to visit instead of the touristy areas. Still very convenient to transport and minutes walk from central park West.

Nice, new and trendy boutique hotel. Very good attention to customer service which is great.

In my opinion a very good hotel and I'll stay there again for sure. A few items to nit pick which if corrected would push this to a high 4 star instead of a middle or low 4 star in my opinion. So perhaps it was just when I was there but the elevators are painfully slow do wait times were annoying, and you end up sharing with hotel, cleaning and maintenance staff. No fridge in the room I was in which was inconvenient and the white walls were scuffed pretty badly which took away from the otherwise trendy modern decor.

Overall though a nice hotel in a great neighbourhood. Nice lobby bar and lounge area too..

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Edward L,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We have shared your review with our housekeeping and engineering team and they are being addressed properly.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future. We look forward to seeing you here again soon. The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Eugenia Simons

Write a ReviewReviews (5,756)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. I absolutely love everything about this place. The staff is friendly and professional. Everyone smiles... it's contagious. The room was spotless, and comfortable. The Location is perfect as well. I live in NJ, but I like staying in Manhattan for special events. I'm already planning my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Andiamo0210,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for the taking the time to share with us your feedback. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the service of our staff, the hotel's product and services. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My sisters and I were visiting the city for only one day (we live only an hour outside the city) and decided to try this newly renovated boutique hotel. We had tickets to Kelly and Michael and it's only a mile from the hotel to where the studio is located. Love the location of this hotel. Its location is perfect. Just a block away from the subway to Times Square and a few blocks from Central Park. When we checked in the doorman helped us with our bags and took them to our room. The man checking us in went on and on about how amazing the outdoor terrace was and we just "had" to go see it before dinner. We changed our clothes, asked about the subway and received amazing directions and headed to Times Square. After returning we wanted to view this amazing terrace. We went to the correct floor and took our cameras for pictures. However, when we got there, the doors were locked. We went to the lobby and told them it was locked and they said they would send someone up to unlock them. After about 30 minutes we tried again. Again, no luck, it was locked so we called back down. The front desk said they would unlock it but again, nothing. We never got to see this amazing terrace view we were so looking forward to seeing :( The room however was spectacular. We stayed in a king room and it was more than enough room for 3 girls. The bed was so comfy and the tv was large. We heard absolutely no street noise thru the night. I have stayed at the Kimberly in MIdtown and it was SO loud outside it was hard to sleep but not at Nylo. Overall, this was a great hotel and we will be staying again. I just hope this time we are able to view the terrace. Also, we received cute scratch off's for the bar and won a free glass of wine, so you should ask the doorman for some of those :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor and heard no street noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear sgtema,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your generous comments on the hotel's facilities and services. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced accessing the 16th floor balcony. We hope next time you visit, there will not be any discrepancy and you will be able to enjoy the balcony!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed at hotel for two nights. We took two rooms.
1: Deluxe King
1: Superior King
The Deluxe was a good sized room, superior is good for sleeping. Rooms are well appointed.

Some tips:
Keep checking websites for best rates, we were able to get great rates just by watching various travel sites.
If you are renting a car in the city and staying here you should consider renting from National or Alamo they are right across the street.

Hotel offers in room internet for a fee, however if you are staying multiple nights or if you are pleasant to the front desk staff they will give you a code for free.
Free wifi in Lobby and computers and printer available for free use to print out boarding passes or tickets for events.
Nice bar area in lobby. Staff was helpful.

Location is great in the upper westside with easy access to the subway. Big market across the street. East walk to all sorts of great places to eat. Staying here is really like staying in a neighborhood away from the hustle of midtown

Room Tip: Ask the front desk about which rooms are the quietest, Rooms with inside views are quiet but do not...
1  Thank LASurfGuy

Dear LASurfGuy,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services, and amenities.They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had one day to spend in NY in between family events. Weather was supposed to be bad so we stayed at NYLO and spent the afternoon at the Museum of Natural Sciences. Loved the hotel. Staff were great. Their recommendations were right on. I wish my house looked as cool as the hotel decor. Beds were totally comfortable. THanks for a great night.

Room Tip: Steer clear of Serafina. Had an aweful breakfast there. Do stop by Chirping Chicken. Great close...
1  Thank MelShust

Dear MelShust,

It is lovely to hear from you. Thank you for your feedback of your stay. I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your generous comments on the hotel's product and services. Your comments will be passed onto my team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Was at this hotel for two days from 12/24-12/26. Excellent front desk service. The room was better than I expected for me and spouse, considering the price. It's on W 77th street just off of Broadway with many restaurants in the area. Hi def TV, free wifi, comfortable. Taxis immediately available and also not far from subways. The walking/jogging/bike path that runs along the Hudson River is just a few blocks west of the hotel and is wonderful, even in winter if you're dressed for it.
Check out the observation deck on the 16th floor.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor facing 77th street but the room was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iosilver

Dear iosilver,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your comments on the hotel's product, services and recognition of staff. Your comments will be passed onto my team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is a beautifully renovated boutique hotel in a great area of the city (upper West side). We were so impressed by the lobby and the bar area and the staff were all very friendly and accommodating (thank you to Jessie from the front-desk).We switched over to this hotel after staying at one of the chain hotels by the Empire State Building that was cramped and not very clean. The room that we got was bright, very clean, and the furniture was stylish - we felt as if we were in a loft apartment. There is an excellent diner nearby called the "Viand cafe". It was very family-friendly, but we could imagine it being great as a romantic get-away for couples, or for anyone. Overall, we had a great experience and it completely changed our trip and enjoyment of the city!

Room Tip: If a view is important to you, be sure to request this, as I have heard that some rooms face a wall...
1  Thank Shannon S

Dear Shannon S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's facilities and recognition of staff. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.