“Top hotel ❤️ loved it”

Ranked #172 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Warlingham, United Kingdom
“Top hotel ❤️ loved it”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at NYLO hotel from 18th Dec for 4 nights, it was our first visit to New York City and staying at this hotel definitely was the icing on our cake.

All the staff we dealt with were so friendly and helpful. The room was lovely perfect in fact had everything we needed for our stay. The bar was very welcoming and the bar staff were great.

The hotel is situated within a great location just a few blocks walk to Central Park (10 mins at most)
72nd street subway a 7 min walk we used it often very convenient. You can quickly get to Times Square, 34th street has Macy's department store, South Ferry (we got a ferry from pier 16 to see Statue of Liberty).

We had breakfast a couple of times at the Italian restaurant attached lovely food and great service.

I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and if I'm lucky enough to go back to New York I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear sugarplum76,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of staff! They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration. Thank you for recommending the hotel to other Trip Advisor readers.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the services at Serafina!

Eugenia Simons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here for four days in mid-December and enjoyed my stay on one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in a hotel. The room was small with barely enough space to walk to the desk, but the bathroom was huge and well lit. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Great location near the subway. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nancy H,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay.
I am extremely happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel overall and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of staff. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am happy to note that you will return to NYLO NYC!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed for 4 nights from 27th December. A warm welcome and a friendly atmosphere, although the facilities are 'tired' in places. careful if you want a early shower the water takes 10 minutes ot get hot. a great bar environment for a drink. Use the two restaurants, Red Farm plus Italian, they are very good

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear ChrisandJulieM,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall and you had a comfortable stay. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services.. They will be passed onto my team so they may be properly addressed.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the services at Serafina and RedFarm.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed in hotel for 3 nights from 26 December. We had a quiet room at rear of hotel and beds very comfortable. Close to subway and within 10 minute walk to Central Park. Staff in hotel were helpful and friendly. New bar gave the hotel a good buzz. Serafina restaurant adjoining hotel was good if you did not want to venture further afield. Recommend as a good base for visiting the sights of New York.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert R
Dear Robert R,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of staff. Your comments will be shared with my entire team so they may be properly addressed.
I am happy to note that you enjoyed the services at Serafina.

London
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed at NYLO NY for three nights between Christmas and New Year, and I must say we left with mixed feelings.

Firstly, the positives.

We had a suite on the 16th floor, and the views were spectacular. The bed was extremely comfortable, the hotel was quiet and the staff were very friendly and helpful (especially the doorstaff).

We had a great meal in the restaurant Serafina, with good service and excellent steak.

This area of the UWS is fantastic - two blocks over from Central Park and lots of lovely delis and cafes in the area - great supermarket opposite too - I would highly recommend it as an area to stay in

Unfortunately, there are a few negatives to report.

The suite itself was quite small for the level of pricing and, in addition, there were no bathrobes included.

Small touches can make a large difference, and paper cups for the coffee machine seemed out of sync with what this hotel should be trying to achieve.

There was no fridge, as standard, in the suite, although you could obtain one (subject to availability) by request. This should be a given.

The quality of the complimentary bathroom products was poor, particularly the shampoo, and the hoovering and dusting left a lot to be desired.

Strangely, room service is not offered, despite there being two restaurants connected to the hotel.

Wifi being charged at 14.10 USD per 24 hours is pretty strong, and very outdated.

Finally, the lifts. If even the staff acknowledge that they are dreadfully slow, then something needs to be done.

(Practical note: US$70 & ~ 60 minutes from JFK; the breakfasts at Jacob's Pickles around 85th and Amsterdam are huge and excellent quality)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bee_ALondon
Dear Bee_ALondon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for your generous comments on the recognition of staff and the services at Serafina.
I sincerely apologize for the issues and inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have shared your review with our housekeeping and engineering team and they are being addressed properly. Let me assure you that we take all of our guest's concerns seriously and the issues you experienced will be handled with the utmost importance.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future.
We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

It is my dream that when I check into a hotel for an extended time the staff will take this into consideration when they allocate my room. We checked in before Christmas to spend Christmas with family arriving later. The staff were friendly and our room was cleaned and mostly restocked. The tiny room was at the back with a view of a brick wall. The beds are so high we had to throw ourselves onto them. There is nowhere to sit-one chair per room, this is ridiculous. The hotel has been refitted to supposedly look edgy and upmarket but the concrete makes it look unfinished and the room fittings look cheap.
We had to contend with doors slamming all hours of the night and I mean through the night with people coming and going for some reason. No point reporting this.
I reported the broken bedside light 3 times and just gave up. Blood on the carpet in 2 places that was left for 3-4 days. Dogs barking at midnight and for hours-reported to the staff.
I would not stay here again. We spent a couple of thousand dollars on our accommodation here and I think we might get better value elsewhere or at least some consideration.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jen041
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Jen041,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please accept my deepest apologies. The issues you mentioned in regards to cleanliness will be addressed with the housekeeping department immediately, as this is not common and we would not want this to continue. Should you decide to give us another try, please reach out to our Front Desk team at fdmanagers@nylo-nyc.com so that we can ensure that you have a great stay.

I hope to see you here again soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel was beautiful. The room was nice and modern, large bathroom. The staff were all very nice, attentive and helpful! Great bar downstairs with knowledgable bartenders. Perfect location and very easy to find! I am definitely going to stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Irstrand,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us. It makes me so happy to read that you enjoyed our ideal location, new and modern décor, and most of all our amazing staff!! We look forward to seeing you back here again soon.