“Great hotel in a great location.”
Review of NYLO New York City

NYLO New York City
Ranked #180 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel when it was On The Avenue and during the renovations and it's quite an improvement. Stayed there last just before Christmas. The only thing I don't like is the new locker type furniture in the rooms. I don't like putting my clothes in something that has an open back. A piece with drawers would be better but that won't stop me from staying here again. #1 subway is close by also.

• Stayed: December 2013
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear BTL2010,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. We appreciate your continued business and loyalty with the hotel. Thank you for your compliments and feedback regarding the drawers in the rooms. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Write a ReviewReviews (5,747)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions before it was sold and changed. Unfortunately the change was not for the better. The previous quiet and inviting lobby has now been turned into a bar and "pick up" lounge. Over all the hotel is poorly maintained. Dirty halls, an elevator that sounds as if it will collapse at any moment, and room service that knocks on the door at 2 am even though you are sound asleep and did not order any room service. Also, the new "decor" is atrocious. Gym lockers for your clothes, and beds on high roller platforms? The only thing still good about this hotel is the location and pricing. But, I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael W

Dear fordodges,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We have shared your review with our housekeeping and engineering team and they are being addressed properly.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future. We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed at NYLO right before Christmas and was impressed with the level of helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. Alberto was especially accommodating and my husband and I enjoyed ending our evenings at the bar laughing with Charles; best bartender ever! The lobby was tastefully decorated for the holidays and made for a romantic setting. Location was excellent, close to Central Park and museums, subway, and 72nd street bagel. And, you can not say enough about a hotel that has a comfortable bed...NYLO certainly exceeded expectations there. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear bikepdx18,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Good Hotel, nice room but a little small. This hotel is good for a 2 or 3 night stay by yourself. I went with my husband and there was just not enough space for the two of us. However the bathroom is huge, I think a little to big . I would stay here again as long as I didn't have to share a room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TrishiTrish,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you sharing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your compliments. Your comments will be passed onto my entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay in Nylo NYC!!

We were there for NYE and hotel was buzzing

Staff so helpful and friendly

Room spotless and huge comfortable bed !

Hotel close to fab restaurants and diners and a quick hop to the 72nd subway stop.

Great for shopping, Central Park and all sights on UWS

We will be back
Jason & Colette

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Jason & Collette,

Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic feedback with us!! It makes me so happy to read of your experience with us, especially our newly renovated rooms, ideal location, and our amazing staff. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My partner and I usually stay in Midtown during our frequent trips to NYC so that we can be close to the Theatre District. But this trip, one of our shows was at Lincoln Center and we decided to try a property uptown.

Our weekend at NYLO was excellent. The surrounding neighborhood is quiet but restaurants (superb meals at Calle Ocho and Boulud Sud) and shopping are plentiful. We were very impressed when we walked into the hotel as we immediately liked its modern, urban feel. But the great impression didn't end with the warm and cozy lobby and bar area--it also extended all the way up to--and into our king room. Slightly funky and urban decor stood out over the generic rooms of many other NYC hotels and we knew we were going to love our stay. We found lots of places to store the contents of our suitcases (which when emptied, fit nicely under the bed) and we loved the modern bathroom and walk-in shower.

We had unseasonably warm weather this January weekend and enjoyed the long--but very doable--walks back and forth to our other Broadway shows. We opted not to use the NYLO's fitness center. It's very limited (some cardio machines, a few free weights with a bench, and a dual adjustable pulley machine) and didn't meet our needs. We knew about New York Sports Club's 30 Days for $30 offer and since there was a location right around the corner, we signed up on-line, printed our passes in the hotel lobby, then headed over. It's not a new nor spacious facility but it met our needs perfectly.

We'd love to stay at NYLO again (although we can't do NYSC's 30/30 offer again in the next 12 months). The friendly, helpful staff and the property's warm, inviting vibe made it a standout stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaxandmci
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear jaxandmci,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

This new boutique hotel in NY is in an excellent location - quiet but close to everything New York has to offer - great bars and restaurants within the hotel and a big room - perfect for our 11 day stay ..only complaint is that the sheets weren't changed during our stay

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Katkat22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this great feedback with us!! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our ideal and convenient location. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you mentioned, they will certainly be addressed with our Housekeeping team to ensure that this does not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.