“Upper West Side Neighborhood Experience”
Review of NYLO New York City

NYLO New York City
Ranked #176 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great neighborhood, super friendly and professional staff (from the bellman to the front desk). Bed was comfortable, rooms were a nice size. Clean and new. We brought our 3 year old son and there was a great playground very close by.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Rebecca S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed!

There are newer reviews for NYLO New York City

Reviewed 27 June 2014

There was a clump of someone else's hair in our shower when we arrived. The bed was too soft. The decor is a bit run down and the bathroom fixtures are made of cheap drab plastic. The room was small and was facing the ice maker room which was very loud. It would all be OK if I was paying $150 a night but I was paying nearly $350. I know this is NYC but it was the upper west side not the Meatpacking district or the Village. If they at least included internet in the room rate. Overall poor value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear esrubilsky,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with the substandard housekeeping service and the allocation of your room near the ice machine. Your feedback will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future.
We look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here and loved it, especially the beautiful terrace lounge with a great view. When we came, the lobby was under construction (they were transitioning from the old hotel - On the Ave) so we got a fantastic price. The service was good, friendly staff and the location was close to everything. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Laurie N,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay! I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed!

I am pleased to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights and could not have liked it more. Compared to my last stay in NYC - well - there is NO comparison. This is what all hotels here SHOULD be like! Trendy, but with a local vibe and a super friendly staff. Great bar and a super view from the 16th floor balcony. Would definitely return!

Room Tip: stay away from 12th floor ice/vending area...super loud.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Joseph S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay! I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff. Your comments will be passed onto our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

I am pleased to note that you will consider returning to NYLO NYC!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Couldn't have been better, the friendly staff, the rooms were bright, and larger than I expected. The mattress are worth a 'brag'. Outdoor patio on the 14th was a great hang. Loved the bar and the people that work it! . . and it's in a great neighborhood!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a lovely hotel for a reasonable rate in NYC. Front desk and bell service were excellent. The entry area inlcudes a friendly, comfortable bar and sitting areas. Close to subways and a nice walk to Central Park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our daughter lives in NYC and recently moved to the upper west side near NYLO. We loved the location and were also very happy with the price. We have been to NYC many times and have spent a fortune for hotel rooms. I took a very early train from D.C. and arrived at NYLO around 11:30. They stored my luggage and called me about an hour later to tell me my room was ready. The hotel lobby is nice and there is a hip bar where we had drinks late that evening. Our room was very clean, small like most hotel rooms in NY. The lighting in the bathroom was very good and I was able to put make-up on and see what I was doing. We found the staff very polite and helpful. The hotel is very close to the subway and Central Park. There are lots of great restaurants in the neighborhood and it's not touristy which I really like.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear montanamom,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be passed onto our entire team so they may be properly addressed.