“Upper Westside gem.”

Ranked #176 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Upper Westside gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

An overall excellent experience for our entire stay. The beds were magnificent. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and low key. We were completely happy with our view of Broadway and the terrace on the 16th floor was lovely.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Lee J,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services, the product and recognition of our staff. Your comments will be passed onto our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Paradise Valley, AZ, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

NYLO provides a great home base for an upper west side stay in Manhattan. We've stayed twice, and each time our room was comfortable and fun. Great room views onto Broadway, terrific bar downstairs, and a fabulous roof top deck for morning coffee or evening wine. Lots of good restaurants in the neighborhood with just a short walk to the subway. Great staff too. They provide a place to print airline boarding passes and take care of business needs too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alison M,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Watertown, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Myself and my girlfriend who are both in the hospitality industry recently stayed for a quick birthday getaway... We were both amazed by the "hospitality" from all staff members we encountered... But even above that the enthusiasm and friendliness of Charles was refreshing to see. We entered at a high traffic time and he still went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, suggest drinks, and even help us with plans for the rest of the evening. Being in the hotel and hospitality industry I expect a certain level of service when I travel. The NYLO in NY met my expectations on all levels but Charles was definitely the highlight of an overall excellent experience... Thank You!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear cittobelieveit,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your wonderful note on the recognition of our staff member Charles. It is refreshing to hear that you had a pleasant encounter with Charles. Your comments will be shared with our team so they may be properly addressed and recognized.

LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I travel to NYC fairly often for business and I usually stay a Marriott however this time my office booked me at a new hotel. I'm happy to report that the NYLO is a delightful property that I will certainly stay at again in the future. The customer service was wonderful and the room was excellent. I was quite a bit delayed getting into JFK due to weather and night staff (headed up by night manager Alex and the desk clerk Habib) were so accommodating and kind. Alex added an upgrade to my room to make my difficult travel day end on an "up note". As to the room, I stayed in a penthouse suite and it was very spacious, very clean,comfortable and quiet. The room had charming decor with large terraces off both the living room and bedroom. I had a view of the city and the river- something you don't usually get with a NY hotel.There is a great bar in the lobby and a really fun common area which they call "the library". It has great comfy seating, a business center as well as a large flat screen TV in the entertainment area. There is also a nice restaurant attached to the lobby called Serafina (I believe), I didn't get a chance to try it but it has an eclectic menu. I'm happy to find another place to stay in NYC that I can feel good about recommending!

Room Tip: I highly recommend asking for a penthouse suite (I was on the 14th floor). The terraces afford wonde...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear daycavtravel,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff especially regarding Alex and Habeeb. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I travel to NYC frequently for business and I like to get out of midtown to the wonderful upper west side neighborhood. The NYLO NYC has great rates and great service. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The lobby bar is excellent. All in all - a great value for the price in the best neighborhood in NYC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rdjaffe
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear rdjaffe,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Constantly surprised by how friendly and helpful the staff was. Great location to walking around Central Park, and a quick cab ride to everything you'd need to see. If you drove in and need the peace of mind for your car, go ahead and valet. It was great to not have to worry about it during our stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Sean F,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel overall and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

NYC is littered with "4-star boutique" hotels, most of which are more than a little rough around the edges, not maintained, icky. NYLO NYC was 100% updated, great-looking, functional room. Friendly staff moved me away from jackhammers next door!

Stayed July 2014
Dear redryderent,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services and product. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.