“Nylo is a must go!”

Ranked #176 of 467 Hotels in New York City
raleigh, nc
“Nylo is a must go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great New York boutique hotel! We were able to walk to Central Park, many museums, a Broadway show, fabulous brunch locations and many other wonderful spots! The concierge was attentive and spot- on with recommendations - and the rooftop bar was a lovely place to watch the sunset.We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank car0linatraveler
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear car0linatraveler,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recogntion of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Eugenia Simons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Normally I do not choose "boutique" hotels, but for a number of reasons I wanted to stay on the Upper West Side, and this was one of two hotels recommended by people I trust. Overall I enjoyed the experience, the location was excellent, 5 blocks from the 72nd St subway; the lobby vibe was good, and the staff was amazing. While I liked the room, it did have a cheap "dorm" decor. The furniture was backless, with metal doors. I did not appreciate cutting my knuckles (drawing blood) whenever I was trying to get to the safe. There were no towel racks in the bathroom, and the hotel provided 2 plastics cups on the first day, and never provided new ones. Two complimentary bottles of water were provided on the first day, and when we asked for water on the second day we were told the hotel would not provide any more water, Wifi was only available with a surcharge. We stayed 4 nights and had to ask the front desk to get the linen changed; we were provided with minimal towels (Yes we asked for extras but let's not go there.) The beds were so high that we finally asked for a step stool. Beds are soft but linens were excellent and while the a/c was loud it did the job. Overall I would stay again, but this hotel charges premium prices and it is beneath them to be cheap about small room amenities that would make guests more comfortable.

Room Tip: I was advised to ask for a room high up, on the quiet side of the hotel, not facing Broadway. That...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank willowtree155019
Dear willowtree155019,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Weston, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Checked into a "penthouse suite"--never have I seen a room with decor so dissimilar from the lobby--the lobby is a cool dark sophisticated space --the room was like a semi furnished college dorm in need of renovation complete with milk crate furniture and fake brick wallpaper. There was unremitting construction noise from next door which lasted through Saturday afternoon even though the front desk assured me there would be no work on the weekend. AC did not work room was above 80 all night. We reported it to the front desk around 8 am --by 230 when we returned to the hotel the front desk told me the AC was fixed only to then call and say the work was delayed and someone was on their way to look at it. The room was now 81, unattended to by housekeeping and jackhammers were blazing away. We checked out and salvaged the rest of the weekend elsewhere. Uninformative indifferent staff in tee shirts did not add. I'm still awaiting my full refund.

Room Tip: The Crosby street hotel is amazing
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sak3md
Dear Sak3md,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the negative experience you encountered throughout your stay. Let me assure you that we take all of our guest's concerns seriously and this issue will be handled with the utmost importance.

Please contact our team at customerrelations@nylo-nyc.com or at 212-362-1100 so that we may invite you back and make up for this inconvenience.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

If your a bit younger or just a more laid back person you should defiantly check this place out!

It's got a really funky vibe with cool rooms, and really nice staff I really enjoyed my stay here, staff were very helpful and friendly. They even let me check in 3 hours early even though I said I was happy to wait and drop my bags off.

When I checked in it was a little confusing as to where to go because they were having a photoshops in there trendy bar/lounge area, but after it finished everything was fine and that kinda cool to be honest haha.

The area is really nice and quiet unlike most of the other places that can be a little overwhelming; the other side to that is that it is a little bit of a walk to most of the main attractions but there is a subway station a block away and plenty of buses around so doesn't matter that much.

The only thing I would have liked is if there was a fridge/microwave unit in the room but in saying that it wasn't that much of a problem anyway.

Anyway, after staying in 3 different hotels around New York during my stay this was defiantly let the best one, DEFINTELY recommend!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear 6continentstraveller,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Please be advised if and when you decide to return to NYLO NYC, you may ask the front desk or operator for a refrigerator and microwave. Since we do not charge for these appliances, we do offer them complimentary on a first come first serve basis.

Thank you for recommending NYLO NYC to others! The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in a double-double room on the 8th floor. The construction noise was loud in the morning so don't expect to sleep in (there is always construction in NY). The shower drain was running very slowly but the maintenance guy fixed it within an hour. The beds have a pillowtop which I liked but may be too soft for others. The AC can be loud when it turns on though it cooled the room quite nicely on those hot days. The bathroom did not have a lot of counter space to put your stuff on. CVS, Zabar's, and the subway are all just steps away making this place a convenient place to stay, and felt especially safe for families. Wifi is free for the asking.

Room Tip: Ask for free wifi or else they will charge you
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear jdrblue,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product and services. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hip hotel with excellent service at a great price. I recently stayed at the NYLO hotel and had a great experience. The staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. Especially the bellhop staff. They were fantastic! Always greeted me with a smile and an offer of assistance. They also provided excellent recommendations and directions. The room was simple and clean. The lobby area was funky and comfy with the overstuffed couches and bar. Also loved the decor with the library and quiet seating areas. Don't bother with the restaurant that's connected, but not part of the hotel. There is way better food not far away. Just download a food delivery app and order whatever you like. They'll deliver it to your room. All in all I really enjoyed NYLO. It was quiet and comfortable at a good rate for NYC. I learned that there is a city ordinance that prohibits cars from honking in that part of the city after dark which was nice when trying to sleep. The CVS across the street was convenient for cold drinks, snacks, toothpaste, etc. The hotel provides two complimentary bottles of water every day, which was a nice added touch.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Heidi S
Dear Heidi S,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire staff so they may be properly addressed.

Kongsberg, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The location is perfect; it´s a clean and quiet neighborhood with everything you need just around the corner (great coffee and breakfast at Irving Farm, manicure, restaurants etc), and close to the park. Very friendly staff. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear luna w,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to note that you enjoyed your overall stay and the hotel. Thank you for your wonderful note on the hotel's services, the product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.