NYLO New York City
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$321
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$298
Agoda.com
5,997 results
All reviewsupper west sidecentral parkred farmserafina restaurantgreat locationbeacon theaternew yorkmuseum of natural historylincoln centerlobby bartwo blockscomfortable bedhudson rivernyc hotelsubway stationrooms are smalltimes square
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed 12 nights at this property in July 2014. Although the hotel is not without flaws: (1) tiny bathroom, (2) slow elevator with frequent breakdowns, (3) noisy street with fire station opposite, we had an enjoyable time overall. The staff are very nice and helpful and the rooms are well designed although quite basic.

A big plus is the nice convenient neighborhood with many places for essentials and meals. The hotel gives the feel of a home away from home. I would not hesitate coming back if I have to schedule another extended stay in NYC.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank doobeebaby
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear doobeebaby,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel overall and your stay. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's product, services and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Rooms are small but very comfortable. Shower is great and bed is probably the best I've slept in for a very long time. First morning was a bit of a rude awakening as a jackhammer started up outside the room at 7:50AM. But the hotel is very convenient to subway lines in Upper West End. And the shops on Broadway are just a block away. Fantastic restaurants just 2 blocks away on Amsterdam.
The bar is mostly open air and the prices are a bit steep, $28 for 2 shots!!
But overall, would stay again in a heartbeat. Front desk personnel are awesome and the whole place is really comfortable in ambience.

Room Tip: Look for a room off the street(77th)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dancinggoats

Dear dancinggoats,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had booked 3 rooms at NYLO NYC for July 2014 in April 2014. The rate was suitable and since we wanted to stay in the Upper West Side, the hotel suited us. We requested for rooms close to each other. The hotel was nice enough to give us rooms next to each other on the but the rooms were behind the elevator in one corner of the hotel. I did ask the lady at the front desk if we could get rooms elsewhere but she said they were the only ones together. Then within 10 minutes the AC in one room starting making a loud constant noise and the door of one of the other rooms was warped. We complained to the front desk and they sent up the maintenance department to look into both issues. The Maintenance guy then spoke to the Front Office Manager (Matt?) who came up and looked into the issues. Within a few minutes he offered to change our rooms but said they wouldn't be on the same floor. In fact they were nice enough to upgrade one of the rooms by a category.

Eventually we got rooms on the 5th, 7th and 8th floor. All overlooking Broadway and the rooms were very very nice. Airy and lots of light. Much better than the previous rooms we'd been given. And thankfully, the door shut well and the AC's weren't making any noise. The only slight disadvantage was that at night you'd hear a little bit of traffic on Broadway but it didn't bother any of us. The bathrooms were functional but small (particularly room number 829).

Housekeeping was quite alright and the staff on the whole is quite friendly and helpful.

The hotel was well located for us as we wanted to be in the Upper West Side. The connectivity is very good as there is a metro station just a couple of blocks up on 79th street. There are a lot of restaurants and cafe's nearby if one wants to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner.

We had a comfortable stay and I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank US75
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear US75,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel, including the location, and efforts of our team.

I'm glad to see that we were able to turn your experience around from the very beggining to allow for a highly comfortable stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you, and your family back during your next trip to New York!

All The Best,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great New York boutique hotel! We were able to walk to Central Park, many museums, a Broadway show, fabulous brunch locations and many other wonderful spots! The concierge was attentive and spot- on with recommendations - and the rooftop bar was a lovely place to watch the sunset.We will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank car0linatraveler
Eugenia S, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear car0linatraveler,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recogntion of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Normally I do not choose "boutique" hotels, but for a number of reasons I wanted to stay on the Upper West Side, and this was one of two hotels recommended by people I trust. Overall I enjoyed the experience, the location was excellent, 5 blocks from the 72nd St subway; the lobby vibe was good, and the staff was amazing. While I liked the room, it did have a cheap "dorm" decor. The furniture was backless, with metal doors. I did not appreciate cutting my knuckles (drawing blood) whenever I was trying to get to the safe. There were no towel racks in the bathroom, and the hotel provided 2 plastics cups on the first day, and never provided new ones. Two complimentary bottles of water were provided on the first day, and when we asked for water on the second day we were told the hotel would not provide any more water, Wifi was only available with a surcharge. We stayed 4 nights and had to ask the front desk to get the linen changed; we were provided with minimal towels (Yes we asked for extras but let's not go there.) The beds were so high that we finally asked for a step stool. Beds are soft but linens were excellent and while the a/c was loud it did the job. Overall I would stay again, but this hotel charges premium prices and it is beneath them to be cheap about small room amenities that would make guests more comfortable.

Room Tip: I was advised to ask for a room high up, on the quiet side of the hotel, not facing Broadway. That's what I asked for, and with a little push, that's what I got.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank willowtree155019

Dear willowtree155019,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel's services, product and recognition of our staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed.