“Friendliness hotel!”
Review of The Bentley Hotel

Ranked #208 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 2 January 2014

A good quality-price ratio offer with excellent welcome and customer-friendly approch of the staff; the hotel is not far from Lexington av. metro station and easy to reach. Internet access should be free and breakfast price is not competitive. Walls between rooms should be thicker to avoid hearing neighbours' noise.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jerome C, Director of Front Office at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear remi_boyer,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at The Bentley Hotel. I am pleased to know that you were pampered and well taken care of during you recent visit with us. Please know that we appreciate your kind words. I will be sharing your review with the team as they will be pleased and humbled. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

The Bentley Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,914)

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was very helpful especially Su. The hotel has sticking views of the east river that the my fiancé decided to propose there. When he made the reservations, Su was so helpful and put us in a corner room overlooking the 59th street bridge. The staff including the bartender were very friendly and the rooms were quite nice. I would highly recommend them.

My only small complaint is that they charge $3 for you to make a coffee in your room with the coffee maker. Typically this is a free convenience and I was surprised that they charged.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Journey2life
Jerome C, Director of Front Office at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Journey2life,

I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience with us, and again Congratulations! We were more than pleased to assist during your recent visit with us. I will be sharing this review with my team. Thank you again and we hope that you will have an amazing 2014!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

European style lodgings in NYC. Unfortunately, in room WiFi is extra $. This was our second stay at this property. We will stay here again when we next visit NYC. Walls are a bit thin - but that's NYC

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jerome C, Director of Front Office at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear G B,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us as we look forward to welcoming you back soon. This review will be shared with my team. Thanks again and have a wonderful 2014.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at the Bentley Hotel in NYC for the third time. I am a cancer patient at Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital. It is conveniently located a few blocks away.

I was there for same day surgery. Upon checking in I was greeted by Chelsea at the front desk. Chelsea was pleasant and professional. She was kind enough to give us an upgrade, which really helped, since I was ill in bed after surgery. With the upgrade my husband was able to watch TV in the living room, while I rested in bed, without disturbing me. These little things really help when you are dealing with cancer.

I highly recommend the hotel and dealing with Chelsea. It makes a big difference for your stay when you are greeted by a smiling face and treated with respect, as I was with Chelsea. The hotel has a beautiful view of the 59th St. bridge. The restaurant on the roof was excellent. The doorman is nice enough to hail a cab for you. The coffee downstairs and the fruit salad was the highlight of my mornings. And the price can't be beat, compared to other hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bridge.

Dear Helen R,

I am very happy and pleased to read that you had a great stay with us . Chelsea is one of our best stars at the front desk as we are proud to have her be part of our team. Please know that I will be sharing this review with the team as they will be thrilled by your praises . Thank you again and happy new year! and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Housekeeping didn't get to our room until after 4PM, when we had just returned to rest and get ready to go to dinner. Standard items like coffee and Internet cost extra and there was no cream or half and half in the room. The bar had neither Budweiser or port, when we ordered an after dinner drink. The shower stall had an attractive but not very functional half-glass immovable door that did little to keep the water in the tub. Also, the hotel is undergoing outside renovation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jerome C, Director of Front Office at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear snowden06039,

Thank you for providing feedback and I am sorry to read that you may not consider returning. Please know that we do take our guests feedback seriously and take all into consideration. We are currently working on ways to improve our product to better accommodate our guest. We hope that you would change your mind and give us another shot. Thanks again and we hope that you will have a great new year. Happy Holidays

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Clean hotel. Friendly staff. Aim to please. When we checked in, we requested a higher floor due to the street noise we had on our last visit. They were very accommodating and gave us the 19 th floor. Will definitely stay here again.

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Bentley, We do our very best to provide genuine services to our guests to make them feel comfortable and at home . I will be sharing this review with the team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again soon. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was my second stay at the Bentley. Considering the price, internet access should be free (at least in public areas). Our room on the 5th floor was directly across from building construction and facing a busy intersection. From 6AM-9PM it was difficult to carry on a conversation in the room because of outside noise. From 11PM-3AM, the people in next room were talking so loud, sleep was difficult. I requested a higher floor on check-in & was offered the top floor at a VERY expensive rate. At check out I was told that I must request a DELUXE king room next time (probably also a much higher rate). This is a desirable location for me (being 8 blocks from family) but I may have to sacrifice location to avoid the noise at a reasonable rate. Also, the bed in 507 dips in the middle & needs to be replaced as well as the 2 bedside lamps that still turn on but are falling apart. Bring some if you have Keurig KCUP pods because the inroom price is $2.50 for 10 oz or Starbucks is available in lobby bar at usual price.

Dear MsVB,

Thank you for providing fair feedback in regards to your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. I would like to let you know that we take feedback from our guests very seriously . I see that you were concerned in regards to the construction noise, please know that we do not have control over surrounding construction sites around our hotel as of course NYC is developing with many construction projects but with that said, we do over very best to accommodate all of our guests in regards. Please know that were are currently working on ways to improve our hotel to better accommodate our guest. Thank you