“Fantastic stay in the Hotel”
Review of The Bentley Hotel

The Bentley Hotel
Ranked #247 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay in the Hotel”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just returned from four days stay in this fabulous hotel.Ideally located on the upper east side.We had two rooms with fantastic views of Queensborough bridge over the east river. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. A great base for exploring NYC would recommend to other visitors.

Room Tip: contact the manger prior to stay
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie S
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Debbie S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your stay The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve the product and service we offer. I am glad you enjoyed the service of our team and the location of the hotel and view from your room. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying with us.

Joseph Rauer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My recent stay at the Bentley was a welcome delight- especially because I was in NYC for a consult at Memorial Sloan Kettering, which is nearby and who recommended this hotel. It sort of reminded me of a lovely boutique hotel in Europe. A bit off the beaten track but still in a great location for dining, shops, etc.

Unfortunately, I wound mistakenly booking via a third party (which I should have realized when she demanded payment in full in advance). But she assured me that this was the correct number for the hotel and that the rate was the "special rate for MSK patients". I discovered this when I called to confirm my reservation and request a quiet room after reading a few reviews that the lower floors tended to be noisy and that the walls were supposedly, very thin. Izzy, the front desk person who answered and listened carefully to my request (and my not so pleasant reason for the trip which is why a quiet room was so important), assured me that regardless of how I had booked the reservation, I would be well taken care of and that they would do their best to accommodate me in a quiet room.

In addition to the recommendation from the hospital, I was impressed when reading through the Trip Adviser reviews, that the font office director (Mr. Destreza), responded to almost every comment posted (good and bad), As a meeting planner/travel industry executive, this was very impressive to me as it demonstrates a personal interest in the experience of each guest. At check in, I mentioned how impressed I was about this to Amanda at the front desk and she offered to have him come out to say hello. Five minutes later, he was in the lobby to welcome me personally which was extremely kind and greatly appreciated.

The room was indeed quiet- not to mention comfortable, fresh smelling and immaculate. My view of the bridge and the river was a wonderful surprise. Bath amenities were lovely and the king sized bed was welcoming and comfortable- which I greatly appreciated after a long and extremely stressful day dealing with hospital physician consults.

Each hotel staff person I interacted with was professional, friendly and helpful. The rooftop bar offers breathtaking views which was a nice treat. There's also a lovely restaurant up there but we didn't stay for dinner,.

Location is great if you need to be near Sloan and it's in an excellent walking area as I discovered each morning. Good restaurants are within a few blocks and the river is literally half a block away.

Although I have no plans now to be back in NYC in the foreseeable future, I would certainly stay at the Bentley again and would recommend it highly to anyone seeking a special hotel in a lovely location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank kmafla
Dear kmafla,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is awesome to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that our front office team had a positive impact on your experience. We are lucky to have a staff of genuine and humble people all committed to providing quality guest service. We are here 24 hours a day to assist with any request. As you know, many of our rooms offer a breathtakingly unique view of the 59th Street Bridge and East River. In addition, we have a lot of great local shops and restaurants and are close to all of the major subway lines. Thank you for the great comments and thoughtful feedback. The next time you plan to stay in NYC, please reach me directly if you need any assistance. Thank you for staying at The Bentley Hotel.

New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great hotel and location. We go to NYC a couple of times a year for a romantic getaway. This is the place I love to stay. The hotel and the rooms are Very Clean and beautifully designed. All the employees are very helpful and pleasant from the moment you arrive to the time you check out .I can't wait until I can go back again.The general manager Joseph was very welcoming upon arrival. Also checked in with us during our stay .This is the place to stay in NYC !

Room Tip: Corner suites are great . You can see the lights reflex off the water ,especially at night the view...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pmpolidoro
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear pmpolidoro,

Thank you for the great review from your most recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is awesome to see that our clean, comfortable rooms and service provided by our amazing team continue to meet your expectations. I am glad you enjoyed your weekend in NYC. The views from our rooms provide the perfect backdrop for a romantic evening (or two). Thank you for your continued loyalty to The Bentley. It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Downtown Orlando, FL
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Bentley is a comfortable, yet chic hotel on the upper East side of Manhattan. Primarily in a quiet neighborhood nearSotheby's Auction House and the Queensboro Bridge. However, it's only 4 blocks to Lexington, 5 to Park Ave, and a short cab ride to all the museums. Good service, clean, and our favorite thing... inexpensive. We had a Junior Suite (King Bed, corner room with great views and sitting area) for an average of $220 a night. that's great for NY. It's in a quiet neighborhood with really great restaurants. Worth considering as an alternative to higher priced "in the middle of the action" hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms will have less street traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sweetsunshine55
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear sweetsunshine55,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your return visit to The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that you and your family had a great time at The Bentley and found the area to be convenient. The Bentley Hotel is a great NYC value with spacious, comfortable rooms and a team of humble associates all committed to providing our guests the best possible service. In addition we have a rooftop restaurant and lobby bar café all designed for the convenience and comfort of our guests. Have I mentioned the views? Many of our rooms offer a breathtakingly unique view of the East River and 59th Street Bridge. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you and your family soon.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Not much choice in this part of town so we were pleased with the Bentley. We had a show to see at the Amory and really just needed a place nearby to sleep. The rooftop bar was an excellent place for an after show drink an the view was lovely.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Zoarboat,

Thank you for the review from your stay at The Bentley Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve the product and service we offer. I am glad you enjoyed the service of our team and the location of the hotel and had a chance to visit Prime at The Bentley. Their restaurant is equally committed to service and also offers fantastic panoramic views of the Upper East Side. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying with us.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Typically I stay with family when I visit NY but this time I had my 3 kids and needed a hotel on the east side with a decent room. The rooms were big, clean and quite which is hard to find in NY. All the employees and guest were very pleasant and helpful, from the front desk, doorman, room service and the lobby cafe. It was easy to catch a cab or just walk to the bus and subway.

Will recommend the hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LizA123738
Joseph R, General Manager at The Bentley Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear LizA123738,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your first visit to The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that you and your family had a great time at The Bentley and found our hotel to be comfortable and convenient with great service. We are fortunate to have a team of humble associates all committed to providing our guests the best possible service. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you are in New York.

Oneonta
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Needing a handi-capable room we weren't sure what to expect. The room and service far exceeded our expectations. The doorman, receptionist, house keeper, etc were all attentive to our needs. Someone even helped to get us a cab in the morning so we were on time for our appointment at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. I have already booked our next visit to NYC and have recommended The Bentley Hotel to another friend who will be visiting in the near future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Patricia M,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at The Bentley Hotel. It is great to see that our hotel and staff was flexible and met your family’s specific needs. We offer a comfortable and relaxing experience to all of our guests and especially those visiting and nearby hospitals. The comfort of our guests is our highest priority. If you should ever need assistance at The Bentley, please contact me directly at gm@bentleyhotelnyc.com.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for your return visit.