“Great location, good price, nice service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #322 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Great location, good price, nice service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms are clean and renewed, the staff is gentle and it has a various commerce around. Subway at the door. Near the Central Park and 8 blocks away from Times Square and 5 or 6 from the theaters. I loved to stay there. Even during the coldest days we didn't have a problem to go out. If the rate is good, go without worries.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank HelenaJahara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bekshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel is in such a great location.you can walk everywhere .........Time Square one way and Central Park the other.........clean and compact and great value for money......All the staff were so friendly and helpful.....and that was not because they were chasing the $$$$$

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrandMrscBekshire
Puebla, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Wellington hotel has a great location which I love because it is very close to everything, the room was ok, the bathrooms' temperature was so cold, the heater was noisy, it woke me up time after time, the service is bad, I dropped something on the floor and it ran all the way under the bed, it is so dirty with some napkins, coins, cotton buds and hair, the bath towels were filled with long hair from the room attendant who cleans the room, they don't help you with airport shuttle, I went to tell one of the receptionist about our shuttle bus and she answered "we are not affiliated with them so you better call them" isn't that nice? Wifi is not free. We took the elevator and one of the employee were inside, when we come out from the elevator the employee came out first without letting us going out first and this happened 3 times.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel from 28th December to 4th January for my birthday. Me and my partner stayed at the Park Central last year which is opposite to the Wellington and the Wellington won hands down, it was actually better than we both expected.

I booked a standard double room by the way.

Upon arrival I was greeted with a birthday gift which I never got last year at the Park Central and checking in was very quick. We were based on the 27th floor and the room was magnificent, I mean it was an apartment. We had a kitchen, sofa and an excellent and very comfortable king size bed..SUPERB.. We were on the 27th floor, it was quiet and we had a good view of the surrounding area through our kitchen... We also had a balcony which was awesome but couldn't use as the door was locked but still.

Staff were great and helpful and so were the cleaners who were always willing to help wherever they could to get us extra towels. Larger towels would be good idea!!!!

All in all we were very happy with our stay and would book again this year should we decide to visit in December!!!

Room Tip: request a high floor to escape noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jermaine J
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

never ever stay there its dangerous, the moment i stepped in the room i noticed that the heater is broken and its parts is falling over the room and it was hot like an oven, anyway i called the maintenance and they said they cant fix it and the heater cant be controlled, the bath-room is really dirty its like a sewage tunnel, there is no hygiene in this hotel and everything is either broken or dirty

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Abdulrahman A

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Wollongbar, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed at the wellington for 4 days in Jan 2014,Staff not very helpful,rooms small and stuffy and the banging noise from the heaters is unbearable,we got free internet but it only worked in certain areas of the room,housekeeping was good,location to Time Square and Central Park was good.Would not stay there again until they fix their heaters.Very old Hotel and rooms,needs an upgrade.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I was in NY for my sons wedding. I reserved my room a month in advance, on the internet. They said I would get real good discounts. Every night was supposed to be cheaper than the previous night. Don't believe that. My initial reservation was for 3 nights. I had to add 2 more nights due to snow storm and flight home being cancelled. Instead of adding the 2 nights on my initial reservation, they said I had to make a new reservation. The total of 5 nights was above $1000. As for the room, it was not even close to the picture on there web sight. Saying it was small, is putting it mildly. The bathroom was so small and disgusting. You couldn't even turn sideways in there. The heat never worked. Maybe once or twice in 5 days. Trying to fit 2 people in that room was next to impossible. As for the staff. The people that worked the front desk, except for a couple, were so rude. Just a all around BAD experience. If I go back to NYC again, will not, let's me make myself clear, will not stay at the Wellington Hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family