7,600 results
All reviews park cafe central park times square great location new york carnegie hall subway station an older hotel bit dated few blocks hotel room double room statue of liberty rockefeller center big apple street noise avenue
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend in March and for seeing the sites the location was perfect! A stones throw from central park and a short walk to Times Square, we felt like we were right in the thick of it. The room was clean and well presented and the overall hotel had nice historic charm

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deseos13
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is perfectly located in Mid-town. It's over on 7th Avenue, very close to Central Park and Times Square. The building is a bit old, but we saw crews renovation done gradually. The staff is polite but a little formal. The reception is always willing to help, but it's always busy. The room on the 12th floor where we stayed was spacious. The bathroom is large enough. There were shampoo, soaps, and 2 hair dryers, an iron and ironing board. The only negative, no refrigerator. Another negative is the air conditioning. Early June we went it was hot in New York and central air conditioning is not modern that every visitor to adjust the temperature as desired. The two positions, low and high, not enough regulation, because the low, cold was strong. Also wants a little attention to booking fees. For each use of the credit card the customer has to ask for more reason is.

Room Tip: If you do not like the room you have kept for you, ask the front desk to change it, they are willing, if there is empty room. In the lower floors the noise from the air conditioning unit is fiercer.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nikos t
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is just what we needed. We got a suite and it was the best decision. Everything was walking distance. Time Square, Broadway (we went to see Wicked... highly recommend it!), good restaurants, etc. Elevators should be updated, but everything else is just fine. Beautiful chandeliers, decorations are old but pretty. Beds are very comfortable. Service is quick and attentive.

FYI employees: we know you use Stair J to flirt and resolve issues with co-workers!! (sort of bumped into a guy and a girl flirting and two workers fighting).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Adriana E
Reviewed 16 June 2014

First the positives:
1) the location in Midtown is close to Central Park, Times Sq, 5th Ave and 2 subway lines
2) the king size bed was comfortable

The negatives:
- the noise from the construction work in Carnegie Hall started around 8am sometimes earlier and was unbearable in our room. No one bothered to tell us when we checked in.
- the room was very dated and basic
- rubbish under the bed from the previous guests
- found quite a few of the cleaner's (I presume?) hairs on towels, bedsheets
- our room faced onto an office block
- safety deposit boxes were in reception rather than in the room
- the air con unit sounded like a tank

All in all I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor but was not given one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dominothecat
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have just returned from a 4 night stay in the Wellington Hotel and I could not have been more pleased with the experience. The hotel was recommended to us by our travel agent and after reading some of the very mixed reviews on TripAdvisor I was apprehensive about staying here but I shouldn't have been.
The Hotel is in a top class location on 7th avenue - a five minute walk either way to central park or times square. We walked everywhere for the 4 days that we were in New York and it was easy to take in all of the sites with the Wellington Hotel as a clean and comfortable base.
We had booked a standard room with 2 double beds in it as a family of four adults travelling together to NYC. I was aware that the room would be small as most of the accommodation is in NYC but the Wellington was some of the best value that I discovered for the location of the hotel and I wanted to save money for other aspects of the trip. After booking I emailed the hotel asking about the possibility of getting a room upgrade as the trip coincided with my 21st birthday and my parents 25th Wedding anniversary. You can imagine how excited we all were when we arrived at the hotel to find out that we had been upgraded to a suite with a living room and a mini kitchenette - It was amazing!
When we returned to our room on the second day of our stay at the Wellington we saw that the staff at the hotel had kindly left two bags of gifts on the table for us to celebrate our occasions- it was a lovely surprise and we were very grateful to the very thoughtful staff at the hotel for their excellent service. Although it is not the 5 star Hilton- it was clean, in a great location, had friendly, capable staff and suited us down to the ground. I would have no hesitancy in recommending The Wellington Hotel to anyone and I will certainly stay there again if I ever have the good fortune to return to the fabulous city of New York!

p.s there is a lovely restaurant a few doors down called fluffys, we ate there most days at some point during the day and had no problems with it. If you are into musicals I caught Pippin, Jersey Boys, Matilda and Wicked while there- all of them were brilliant and you can really go wrong with any choice of shows on Broadway.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and there was not a bit of noise during our stay- you would never think that the busiest city in the world was right outside the wall!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family