Wellington Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$243
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$407
US$220
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
7,339 results
All reviewspark cafecentral parktimes squarenew yorkgreat locationcarnegie hallsubway stationan older hotelbit datedfew blockshotel roomupgraded to a suitestatue of libertyrockefeller centerbig applestreet noiseavenue
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The location (between Time Square and Central Park) was great, but the hotel was old and dated, although it could be that a positive coming from the age of the hotel was the room size. We had been expecting a tiny room, but it was average sized, which was a plus. It had a large and comfortable bed. The air conditioning unit, while it kept the temperature at a good level, was very, very noisy.

The real let down for the hotel was the staff. They gave no information about what we could do or where we could go. When I asked for some help, as we had a conflict with our flight times on our tickets and itinerary (the night before we were leaving), I was told that they couldn't help, and couldn't possibly use their phone lines. They pointed me in the direction of New York City Experts at the Visitor Centre, which is next door to the hotel, and said they might help me as they booked tours. The girls at New York City Experts were wonderful, warm and friendly, and they sorted out our ticket problems (which had arisen as the result of a change of flight number), and even printed our boarding passes. There was no charge.

I believe we should have been told about their services at checkin, as it would have been very helpful to know about the tour and show booking services they offer, particularly given their proximity to the hotel.

I would not stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gnilloc
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A great location for walking to many attractions. A terrific eating place below called Park Cafe. Friendly staff, willing to help with any request. However, having visited many countries and stayed in a large number of hotels, this is possibly the smallest room that I have ever stayed in, with just about enough room to get around the bed making it feel quite claustrophobic. The bathroom was equally tiny. The hotel itself was quite shabby and in need of some modernisation, seeming quite dull when walking into the lobby area. It would have been good to have had either some hot drink making facilities in the room or something complementary in the main lobby in the morning. Internet wasn't included and was too expensive for the time given.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Uzum54
Reviewed 16 July 2014

You cannot overlook the fact that this hotel is old. Some might argue that it is run-down. The lobby was inviting and looked spruced up compared to the actual room we stayed in. Our room was a suite. We had a large living area with a kitchenette, small table, fold out couch, and very old television. Our bedroom had two double beds and was quite spacious as well. The carpet and furnishings were dated. The towels were worn and small. I was also unimpressed by the fingerprints left behind by previous occupants. I finally cleaned them with soap and water since housekeeping apparently needed some assistance in that department. I agree with another writer about the AC. It was loud, old, and difficult to control. (It was a window unit.)
I would, however, recommend this hotel, despite what I have already written for the following reasons: we got a very reasonable price for a very large room in New York. The location was great for everything we wanted to do. We could walk to our Broadway show, Central Park, shops, great restaurants...Carnegie Deli is right across the street. I thought the staff was reserved, but polite and helpful. Staying in the city is expensive. This was a more affordable option with some nice features like space and location that I appreciated.

Room Tip: I would suggest a suite for families. The extra space is nice to have with extra luggage. It also gave us different sleeping options. I liked having a fridge. We were able to bring home leftovers and save some money on meals that way. I would make sure when you book to find out what kind of room your are actually getting. There are different types of suites. Ours was a two room suite with two double beds in a bedroom and a pull-out couch in the living room. We had three large closets and a nice dressing table with mirror. I would also point out that older hotels lack plug-ins for all the electronics we use these days.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Read the reviews prior, was one of the better priced, better located places with the most positive reviews. Our room was two doubles, a bit small but it was good, the shower pressure was crazy but we managed. Our A/C kept kicking off probably every 6 hours and we would have to switch the breaker. The breaker panel was within the room. Let the front desk know but they didn't do much about it, was a bit annoying in the middle of the night to have to get up and switch.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the 4th of July, the hotel overall was nice, clean and well presented. The girls on reception were a bit rude and unhelpful but apart from that we enjoyed the stay. We did however get call charges that were ridiculous (so don't use the phone) the subway is literally outside which was amazing and it was situated in a great location!

• Stayed: July 2014