I monitored RCI.com for two years to get an 8 day booking at TMC. First option I saw (10 months in advance) was for the first week of March, 2014. Not prime time for going to New York, but it was our dream, so I booked it. To use RCI to book this property for more than a night or two, be prepared to book in the off season.
TMC emailed and called me twice in the weeks before my stay, offering their sales tour. I politely declined each time. No hassles about the tour at check in. Also no line up and check in was done in about 5 minutes, with the pleasant surprize of an upgrade to an Executive Suite! Our room (2001) was updated and a very nice size. Comfy double bed, sofa (hide a bed) and chair, small table and two dining chairs, flat screen TV with free HBO, and a bath with a tub/shower. Tub was great for soaking weary legs after full days walking and standing on concrete!
Room had two big windows for natural light. Alas, the view was of a brick wall but we kept the blinds closed for insulation from the window drafts. A bit disappointing, but by being in an end room on a higher floor and facing the courtyard, our room was very quiet. The heat was a little hard to control in the room, but the weather was cold and the building is not new. The kitchenette had basic dishes, a small coffee maker, microwave and fridge.
Housekeeping visits daily with supplies (Seattle’s Best coffee, tea and microwave popcorn) and to clean the room linens. They supply hotel style toiletries (shampoo, conditioners, lotion). Free in-room wifi worked well. Although the information in the unit states they charge for local telephone calls, I was not charged for these.
TMC is in a great location. An easy walk to Times Square, Roc Centre, MOMA and Central Park. Three subways stations close by. Restaurants from high end to McDonalds within walking distance. A 24 hour grocery is about two blocks away (on 57th between 6th and 5th Ave). The staff were pleasant and helpful. Two of the four elevators were out of service during our visit. Even so, we rarely waited more than a minute or two for an elevator.
Even with visiting in early March, the main attractions were usually busy. We got up early and tried to arrive at attractions at opening time. Overall, we were also glad we had done so as the crowds grew as the day moved on.
I found TMC a good value and would recommend this property to anyone looking to visit New York City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can enjoy true quality at affordable rates in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Luxury suites with European style kitchenettes, concierge services and valet parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Prestigia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Manhattan Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manhattan Club Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Club Suites
- Manhattan Club Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Club Nyc
- Manhatten Club