1,561 results
All reviewstime sharecarnegie hallcentral parktimeshare exchangeone bedroom suitetimeshare hotelrci pointsfull bathroomsgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkowners loungepull out couchcolumbus circledaily housekeepingsmall kitchenettearound the corner
Reviewed 12 September 2017

The hotel is in a great location just 2 blocks from Central Park. Refurbished rooms are very nice but you must ask, and ask again to get one. We arrived at 3:45 PM and had requested a remodeled room previously. They told us they had none ready and to come back at 4PM! I told them that was 15 minutes and they made me get back in line. I waited and then they gave us a room with a view of a walled courtyard that was dark. Long story short it took a half hour to get a good room after calling someone in the back of the office.
When the girl at the front desk gave me the key her attitude was very cold, as if I had caused a problem. I am not sure why they have a 4pm check in when we saw maids there at 9 am cleaning rooms...in any case if you can request a remodeled room you will be satisfied. We only wanted a view of the street as we had driven from Pittsburgh and wanted to see the street!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juliana M
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your guest room accommodations. We strive to make each stay a positive one for our guests, so it's disappointing to learn that we missed the mark on this occasion. Our check in time is 4pm, as you have mentioned, but we will always do all we can to accommodate earlier arrivals. In this case, when requesting a change in accommodations, we must ensure that we have the style of guest space you desire available, but regret if there was any confusion. It is great to know that the final accommodations you received met with your satisfaction. We trust we can provide you with the perfect accommodations the next time around and hope that you'll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Having read some reviews on this place I was beginning to worry if I had booked the right hotel for our stay. I have wanted to come to NY for as long as I can remember and as It was my first time in NY having saved for years to come to my dream holiday I wanted everything to be perfect, it was also my birthday the day we arrived and my moms whilst we were there. I had requested a renovated room as per the tips from the reviews.

Check in Isn't until 4pm and we arrived just after 2pm. Our room wasn't quiet ready so we left our luggage at the hotel and walked the couple of blocks to Central Park. We returned just after 4pm and our room was ready. We were on the 16th floor and I was very disappointed that it wasn't a renovated room. However, it actually wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. We booked a one bedroom suite and it was massive. One huge bedroom with king size bed and still masses of room, the front room area with sofa (pull out bed) and chair, small kitchenette with fridge, microwave and dish washer and the best bit 2 bathrooms. Never stayed any where with 2 bathrooms before. I loved the space that was there. We travelled with 3 generations of our family. It meant that we had space and if needed a get away from each other for a few minutes we could.

When we arrived in the room, there was no bed sheets for the sofa bed, called to reception and it was arranged but didn't seem to happy as they kept saying they were in the wardrobe. All that was there was a pillow and blanket but no sheets to cover the mattress of the bed or a top sheet under the blanket. We did ask for a duvet too but was told they didn't provide duvets for the sofa bed but never understood why. However we were eventually supplied with two sheets and we were happy with that.

Even though we were on the 16th floor we could still here the traffic noise. But this wasn't a problem. We are in New York City and think you would be Hard pressed to find a hotel that doesn't have traffic noise. Again our view over the Main Street was restricted by other skyscrapers, but could see Carnegie Hall. But I didn't expect any different due to the location and it was fine.

The staff we did come in to contact with were very friendly and always greeted with a smile. On the last day concierge staff called to reconfirm our taxi for us.

The location was great too. The hotel is a couple of blocks to Central Park and 5th Avenue and a couple more to Times Square. There is also three subways close by too so can reach other parts of the city. Took 25mins by subway to battery park to visit Statue of Liberty and was very cheap. If you go to the station at 57th street there was a ticket booth so if you are unsure about tickets and routes they will advise you.

Overall, despite my initial worries I was very pleased with the hotel. For us it worked out very well by upgrading our suite and for a first time visit it was the perfect location. I would have no qualms about staying again.

Thank you Manhattan Club for a wonderful stay. It made my first time in NY perfect.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ZLBirchy1979
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

We love sharing our guests’ first-time experiences in New York City! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your encounter at The Manhattan Club. A second bathroom in your suite can be quite the treat! That extra space can certainly add convenience to a family stay. We do regret if there was any confusion over our in-room bedding amenities and hope you know that our team will always do all they can to help. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of exploring some great attractions easily from our property. Everyone here hopes you can return for another visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Love the locations close to so much, love that a doorman was on at all hours to get ta xi for us, The top floor Bar is fun time about 10pm with Michael--wish they had better selection of vodka tho. Loved how nice he was and for my birthday they helped celebrate!! great place to stay as you are close to everything

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank PRCall
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

A trip to NYC is such a great way to celebrate! Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Manhattan Club for your birthday getaway. We love knowing you enjoyed our Midtown location as well as the fun you had in our Club Lounge. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Very Convinient Place. The apartments need a little bit of renovation, but the location is priceless. The staff is super friendly. I really like it and recommned it for families. Perfect to go with kids, specially for the kitchenette.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

It was our pleasure to welcome you to The Manhattan Club. Our hotel is centrally near many of the best attractions and we are glad that you found our location to be convenient for you. It is also nice to know that our staff members made you feel welcomed. Having some comforts of home, like our in-suite kitchenettes makes travel with family that much easier. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed through RCI. It was great! Our suite had two full baths. The bellmen were fabulous, helpful friendly. Our room was clean. We were close / walking distance to Many things. There was a 54$ a day charge a 35 dollar a day charge for the car with no removal. There was an owners lounge where you could get coffee or breakfast for a charge. A good, well maintained, usable work out room. Bed was comfortable. 2 adults and 2 children were very comfortable. Honestly, not one complaint. Elevators were fine, expected wait times.

Room Tip: The suite with two baths is great if you have more than 2 people.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank kisswells
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

We are delighted to read you found The Manhattan Club to be a great place to stay when in NYC and that you appreciated our convenient location! Our spacious suites have all you will need for comfort and our on-site amenities, like our fitness facility, ensure you have a convenient way to keep up with routines when you travel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope you and your family can come back again soon.