This hotel is conveniently located to where I need to work and is staffed with friendly people. It is comfortable, but dated. The interiors of the room appear to have been renovated a few separate times, but with no coherant theme throughout -- "classic" brass lamps; modern giant red headboard; 90s blue tile with pattern in bathroom -- it is all over the place. I like that the bath products are unique and not too flowery/perfum-y. The Irish connection is strong and if you care about having a hotel with an Irish connection, then this may outweigh the decor issues. I think if they just went with the Irish theme in all aspects, it would be a classy, clean, place to stay. The breakfast at the restaurant is excellent -- but it is unclear what you have to do to qualify for the breakfast voucher. I recommend asking before you book. They also have a cancellation policy of charging for 1 night if you cancel within less than 24 hours so beware. I think there are nicer hotels for the rates charged here -- but they vary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel provides warm Irish hospitality in an elegant atmosphere. Situated on East 44th Street directly opposite Grand Central Terminal and close to Times Square, our location puts you in the middle of almost everything New York City has to offer. Our highly personalized service and very comfortable rooms and suites offer a great option for your next business trip, weekend getaway or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fitzpatrick Grand Central
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York