“Great staff”

Ranked #138 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Kingston Ontario canada
“Great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

The staff was fantastic especially Julianne the doorman he made us feel like family and the maid was great our from was very quiet and clean. The location was great .the room was small for 4 people but the beds were great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Hello jiilmarg56,
WOW! Thank you so much for your review, it is greatly appreciated. We are highly thrilled that you had a great memorable experience during your stay.
We cannot wait for you to visit us again soon!!

Thank you and travel safely!
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I was in LOVE with this hotel! The style was classy, it was spotless, and it was so close to everything! I loved the décor! I found myself with camera in hand trying to take pictures of everything to imitate some of this classy modern style into my own life. The staff was warm and friendly, from the door people, to the front desk help, and everyone we ran into in between. We felt very safe and were in walking distance of everything in time square. The beds were soft, impeccably white and clean, and overall wonderful to sleep in which is a huge plus when we all know there's certain beds out there none of us want to touch in hotels let alone get a good nights rest in. While on vacation when all you want to do is relax these hotel rooms surely help you do just that. There is a hugely modern theme from the wall art to the appliances; the bathroom was fresh, new, and once again... Spotless. The shower was luxurious and there was overly enough mirror space for all of us ladies who like to primp before a night out in the big city! Needless to say, my family and I had a great trip and this hotel made a great impression in just the short weekend stay that we were there for! I have been searching online for deals for this hotel for once again this summer, we found it originally at a great price and can't wait to return again this year!

• Stayed September 2012
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Gbarisano, Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations, and your satisfaction is important to us. We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit New York City.
Kind Regards, Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at the Ameritania this past Saturday. We booked last minute (Tuesday) through a third party site. I called a few times to try to confirm with the Ameritania staff the bed size. The main phone line was busy during my initial attempts! That's struck me as really odd. Once I finally got a hold of someone, I was transferred to the central reservation department, then back to the front desk which was where my calls dropped. I mentioned this to the front desk and they finally helped me confirmed my reservation after hearing my frustration. Note: to those that book through a third party site, only the front desk can answer your questions about your reservation.

We drove from Mohegan Sun Casino into the City around 1pm. There is parking across the street at 217 W 54th Street for $30/24hr (across the street from the Ameritania). Just let the attendant know you're staying at the Ameritania and you'll get a cheaper rate. Make sure you validate your ticket with the front desk. We were able to check in early which was great since we wanted to start on our NYC trip. Our room located on the 4th fl was considered an "inside" queen room. We had a lovely view of concrete. This didn't bother us since we were there for such a short time. The room itself is really small, but hey - that's standard for NYC. The most important factor for us was that it was extremely clean. A bonus was that I really liked the decor. The bed was small for a queen size, but again, it's NYC standards here. Really my favorite part of the room was the bathroom. The waterfall shower head was simply luxurious after walking around NYC in 90 degree weather. The hotel was so centrally located. We walked everywhere. It was perfect for our plans. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear, Ngoct
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service to be helpful, We pride ourselves in being able to provide the best service that, not only meets, but exceeds our guests’ expectations, so thank you once again. We hope that you will not stay away too long and return to visit us soon!

Kindly,
Bangalore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I had booked the hotel based on Tripadvisors 4.5 ratings and booked a stay for 6 days. Paying $300 it was dissapointing. Rooms are boutique but, extreemely small even though we booked the highest one they had to offer 2 months before our stay. After putting 2 bags there was no place to walk. Even though we had requested a good room many times before we arrived, room given was with a backside alley view which was dissapointing as we were staying for 6 nights. When we asked for a change, a gentleman on the front desk wearing glasses during the day was rude enough to say that if we wanted a room change, it will be done but, we cannot see the new room before. What was the purpose then? They offer free wifi but, it is so slow that a single web page takes 10 minutes to open. Housekeeping staff will only do up your bed and toilet and leave the rest of the room in a shabby condition. It was a bad experience and would not recommend the place to anyone. There are much bigger rooms and better options available on times square for the same price and we found out after getting there. We just got conned.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear amazingclick
Thank you very much for taking time to let us know about your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies if things were not to your liking. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and your feedback is taken very seriously. we would like to make it right and would like to discuss this situation further. I plead you give us another chance and would like for you to contact me at rmoore@amsterdamhospitality.com in order to rectify this issue. I can also be reached anytime at our main number (212) 247-5000. We value your business and wish to have you stay with us in the near future. I look forward to having a second chance to show you how much we value you as a guest.
Kindest regards
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Ameritania four nights, and it made a perfect trip even more so! It is a great location for access to the many "must see" and "must do" sites and activities. All of the staff were friendly, helpful, and professional. Crystal checked us in when we arrived and out when we had to leave. She is such a pleasant and friendly young lady along with being so efficient while taking care of us. If I am fortunate to visit NYC again, I would choose the Ameritania again! Thank you for making our stay comfortable! Diana Byers

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Diana B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Ameritania Hotel. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I was very nervous about my first experience traveling to NYC; however, the staff at The Ameritania put my mind at ease. FIrst and forestmost the room was perfect. Amazing decor and definitely more spacious than I expected. Secondly, the staff, I cannot say enough positive things about them. The ladies and gentlemen at the front desk were more than helpful. Obviously we were not familiar with the roads and the transportation systems in Manhattan. All we had to do was ask. They gave us perfect directions and explained how to use the subway to our utmost advantage. Also, if you're not familiar with the area they are a great place to get ideas for dinners and the local scene. They pointed us in the direction of the "Old Castle Pub" which is on 54th in between 7th & 8th, it's a great place to stop and grab a drink! If you are planning on wanting to visit Times Square it's a quick 10 minute walk away. We also made it by subway to some of the most interesting NYC attractions within 20 minutes. I would definitely recommend the Ameritania to anyone staying in New York City.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor, amazing view and was pretty quiet although keep in mind you are in manhatt...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Samantha S,
We really appreciate the post! It’s great to hear you were able to take full advantage of the hotel and the amenities we have to offer. I will be certain to share your comments with the team. We love to hear feedback such as yours, and we hope to exceed your expectations on all visits here at Ameritania Hotel. We can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Hotel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Room was tiny and struggle to find somewhere to put the cases and our bodies! But I suspect typical of a place so central. Room cleaned daily, bit off putting kept finding dark hairs on bed and in bath room. Clearly the maid had long dark hair not tied back. Other than that no complaints and great location.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple