“NYC Trip”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #128 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A good hotel and great location, room just very noisy and road works through the night didn't help. Aircon unit let in a lot of noise from the street and the unit itself was noisy if you had to leave it on while sleeping as quite warm in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear HolidayGoerScotland,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that your experienced a lot of street noise during your stay. Just because New York is the city that never sleeps, doesn't mean you shouldn't!

We look forward to welcoming you back to New York here at The Ameritania in the near future. Please feel freet contact me or our Front Office team directly, and we will ensure that you are in a quiet room.

Best Regards,

Judson Trapnell
Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (5,462)

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights. Cool lobby/ bar area and good welcome from the front desk.

Rooms are small, though vary quite a bit and the standard rooms seem to be bigger the lower down you stay. Bed was super comfy and had everything i needed...apart from lack of plugs and strange plugs in the lights by the bed, which seemed liked a safety hazard. Room was a bit noisy...door slamming, noise outside and maids walking in unannounced and too early.

My room door was very insecure and raised this and they promised to fix but didn't...i noted all doors were a security risk (could be opened with a hard kick!)
Gym is not good and breakfast looked reasonable for the price.

Worst of all, the internet is not free...this always puts me off returning.

Location - good to be near park but not best area of New York....too many people

All in all reasonable stay, made better by friendly front desk.

May go back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Judson_Trapnell, Rooms Director at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear copperbottom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry that you found your room to be noisy. I have shared your experience with the rest of my management team and we will be sure to address your concerns.

We all take a great deal of pride in providing the best service to our guests, and am happy to hear that you were pleased with your interaction with our front desk team. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can assist you with a future reservation. I will see to it that we accomodate you in a quiet room and make your stay a memorable one.

Best Regards,

Judson Trapnell
Rooms Director

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Recently stayed here for a birthday trip to New York. Hotel management very kindly gave complimentary wine and cake which was really kind. Clean and comfy. Friendly front desk and door staff especially Jeff and Julian - thanks guys! Very central to time square and Central Park.

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend. Brill location saves on getting subway as you can walk everywhere.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Nicola D,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience while staying with us at the Ameritania hotel.
I am happy to know you enjoyed your time with us and that you took advantage of our great location! Our team welcomes the opportunity to be of service in the near future and we look forward to becoming your hotel of choice when visiting New York City!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

5 night break with my daughters, location was excellent but far enough away from the real hustle of time square.
Lovely room with twin double beds, very modern and comfortable. Excellent shower too! Would recommend for price and location. Didn't try any food in hotel.
It was my daughters birthday trip and there was a cake and a birthday greeting letter in the room which was a nice touch.
Only bad points were that the air con was very noisy and even in May when it wasn't very warm we needed it. Another negative for me was that the beds were small doubles, not a major problem though.
Would use this hotel in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Karen Y
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We at the Ameritania go above and beyond to ensure that all our guests feel as if the Ameritania is their home away from home and it is great to hear you had the best stay ever! We would be honored by your return. Contact us directly on your next visit to ensure excellent service.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed in Ameritania for 6 days with my family. We enjoyed our stay very much, especially because of the comfortable hotel rooms and the staff. The staff was incredibly kind and always willing to help! We also loved the Doormen, they were very helpful. Ameritania is located nearby Times Square, which was great! If we are going to New York again, we will definitly stay at Ameritania again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear , Nina V
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Ameritania Hotel. It is our pleasure to make sure our guests know that we will go above and beyond to meet their expectations. Your review has been acknowledged by all departments and we look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to NYC!

All the best

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at Ameritania. It's literally around the corner from the Dave Letterman Show's Ed Sullivan Theater. Right off Broadway. So you are a couple blocks north of the craziness that is Time Square and a few blocks south of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Super convenient location where you can walk almost anywhere. And your surrounded by dining options, deli's and carry outs.
First off - Sarah at the front desk is awesome. I had a problem with my room and she took great care of us. She recognized me every time she saw me. Attentive and great attitude.
Second - this is a boutique hotel with a fresh makeover. Very well done. From the funky, bright lobby to the nice carpet, comfortable beds and small-but luxurious bathrooms. Sheets and towels were high end. Lighting funkier more than functional (not very bright).
What might take you by surprise is how tiny the rooms are. My first room was a Standard. Barely enough space to walk around the bed - especially on one side that has this gigantic, thick framed mirror leaning up against the wall. It takes up the majority of the already narrow walkway around one side of the bed. I would say that this was passable for one person with one suitcase. I wouldn't put two in here.
I did have a problem - my room would not cool. They immediately sent up an engineer who pronounced my thermostat broken and programmed my unit to work at the control panel on the unit himself. It seemed to work but then failed again.
That night another call brought up a guy who did not appear to know much about how to fix it and I was promised a new room tomorrow and no other option. (I was told they were sold out and no other rooms available for me).
The good news is that the next day they had moved my bags into a better, larger room with an AC that worked. Only I have to say that the wall units are very loud and it woke us up a few times per night when it kicked on.
I have one other tip should you stay here - the beds were designed with this tubular frame holding a black leather raised platform. It looks very nice - but whereas most hotels inset their bed frame supports so that you don't stub your toes while walking around it, this one was makes it almost impossible to avoid! The steel support tubes are in the far extended corners of the frame, and hidden below the black platform. Especially in these tiny rooms we both kicked it with our toes trying to walk around the bed.
Would I stay here again? Location is awesome. Nice Staff at the front desk (Sarah!). Probably but not in a Standard room, unless it was just me for a very short stay.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear ChrisFromCincinnati
Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it .We sincerely apologize if your room was on the smaller end. We have many room types that vary in size and depending on availability some rooms are not available when our guests check-in, but always offer room changes to any guest who wants a room move. Please do not let this discourage you from returning and in fact when you do return, we will offer you a complimentary upgrade, just contact us in advance to ensure this. We would be honored by your return, and look forward to seeing you soon.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Good location and very good restaurants nearby. Doormen very helpful. WiFi is not free…negative! Close to Times Square and Central Park. Rooms were clean and nice. Breakfast is not so good so go to have breakfast some diners nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Petritl681
On behalf of the entire team at the Ameritania Hotel we thank you for taking the time to tell us about your overall experience during your visit. We truly appreciate having an opportunity to improve and become the best hotel possible.
I hope we get a chance to welcome you back in the near future and turning your 4 star into a 5 star!

Best regards,