“Nice hotel”

Ranked #138 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was in a fantastic location, just of time square.
So if you like being in the middle of all the action it is perfect for you.

Double bed was comfy. The decor is modern and the shower was massive.

The staff were really helpful they gave us maps and brochures .

I would not recommend the shuttle bus to the airport, it took us two hours to get to the airport after we picked up six couples from different locations in New York.

We had a while to Waite on our last day. Jeff kept are bags safe while went and explored more of newyork.

We had a fantastic stay. Thanks

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robin701
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Robin701,

Thank you for your very kind review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our great location to explore the city.

We look forward to being a part of many more New York memories to come!

Judson Trapnell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Rosyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We booked this hotel on our travel agents recommendation. I had requested a hotel we had stayed at before but he asured us that this one was just as nice. On hindsight I really wished I'd stuck with my first choice, but there you go hindsight is a wonderful thing. This was the second leg of our holiday flying in from Las Vegas so to be honest we were a it spoilt in Vegas, however I was shocked to see the size of our room it was tiny the wardrobe was not big enough for our clothes and the majority had to be kept in the suitcases laying under a table Only one of us could get ready at a time as there was no room to move round the bed. Our window was cracked on the inside and had been taped up and our door had been broken into at one point. The in room safe was on the floor in the wardrobe and I had to basically lie on the floor with a torch to use it which was no good if you were elderly or found it difficult to bend down.
The good points - Check in was fairly easy and the staff very polite and friendly. The first night we arrived we, found that there were no towels in our room as soon as I phoned reception a maid brought some straight up even though it was after 11pm.
The shower is amazing and the water is always hot no matter what time of day but beware of the floor tiles they can get very slippery when they are wet.
The bed was comfy but the quilt seemed a bit small for the bed but the bedding was clean and fresh.
The hotel is ideally situated at the top of Times Square and is only a few minutes walk to all the action. There is a sports bar next door called the Three Monkeys which serves good food although it is very noisy.
You have to walk past the David Letterman show to get to Times Square and if you are lucky you can go in and get free tickets in the morning if you wish. All in all we had a great time in new York but if I ever go back again I think I would choose another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear mandy781,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed many of the aspects of your stay with us, but am sorry to hear that your room was not large enough to accommodate your needs. From your description, it sounds like you stayed in one of our Express rooms, which is the smallest room category we have. I'd like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our King Deluxe rooms, which you will find to be much more roomy and comfortable, especially for two travelers.

Please feel free to email me directly at jtrapnell@ameritanianyc.com to make arrangements.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Regards,

Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

when booking ensure you check the room types as the first one we were offered had no wardrobe to hang clothes, no room for suitcases, which made It near on impossible to move within the room .The bathroom was a good size. We were happier when we changed to a King bedded room, MUCH roomier. Also wifi is not free & even when you try & pay for it, it was impossible to connect to it. I ended up over the road at Starbucks.
The Location is very good, walking distance to theatres/Times Square/Broadway & lots of restaurants.Staff helpful especially the doormen.
We would stay there again..

Room Tip: Corner room overlooking 54th &Broadway, bit noisy but very typical New York, - police & fire...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear fej49,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and that you were able to take advantage of our central location to see the sights in Manhattan.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Idaho
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just returned from staying at Ameritania with my 16 year old son. It's not upscale, but nice. I thought our double room was big enough. Closet, two drawers, desk, chair, and a shelf in the bathroom. We were on the 12 th floor. I knew there would be noise, but it wasn't bad. All the staff was helpful. Very good location. Head a few minutes over to 9 th Ave. ( Hell's Kitchen) for your choice of restaurant. Serafina's ( on 7 th was very good).

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1201. Highest floor and not a boxed in view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear IdahoBeachgirl,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you and your son enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Queens, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The rooms were beautiful and spacious. The shower had a really neat design. We stayed for one night and got a good deal for a luxury hotel near the Theater District. The only complaint was that there is only one ice machine, located on the first floor. It was comfortable, clean, and a good price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Angela,

Thank you for your review; we always love getting feedback from our guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I arrived in New York 6.00pm after a flight from Los Angeles tired and hungry [no food on flight from L A] ask if I could get some food sent to my room, told sorry room service closed but there are plenty of restaurants close by.

Room was clean but do wonder when as a single traveler I was given a room with two queen beds in a very small room and as for the bathroom impossible I am 6' 4" & 260 lb and trying to use a bathroom that would be a bit small for Twiggy, I had problems.

I made the mistake of drinking the bottle of Fiji Water before I saw that it was going to cost me $7.00, went to shop around the corner and got the same bottle of water for $1.49 so took it back and replaced it with the one I drank.

I was book in by my Travel Agent for three nights before going to Washington for a visit before returning to NYC, different Hotel which was way better all round.

I would not recommend this Hotel to traveler

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Wiperman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that you were told room service was not available at the time of your arrival. In fact, we have 24-hour room service, so I am not sure why you were told that.

I do hope you will give The Ameritania another try the next time you are in New York. I'd like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our Deluxe King rooms, based on availability for your next stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at jtrapnell@ameritanianyc.com and I'd be happy to assist you.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Excellent location and very helpful staff. Room and bathroom are on the small side but clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable. The doormen were extremely helpful and offered to phone our Shuttle taxi when it was running late picking us up to go back to the airport.
My room on the 4th floor was rather noisy because of the traffic on 54 Street and the AC so if you're a light sleeper bring earplugs. I had asked for a quite room but didn't get one...
Ifr you're a runner it might be good to know that it's very close to Central Park and a few blocks away from the Hudson River, both great places to go for a run in the morning. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear runner g,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location and proximity to Central Park for running.

I am sorry that we were unable to honor your request for a quiet room. In the future, please feel free to contact me directly at jtrapnell@ameritanianyc.com and I will do my best to ensure you have a quiet room.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!