“Very Nice Place with a Great Location”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #128 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Easy check-in and check-out with very friendly service by all, especially Julian and Chris (doormen) during those processes. Small, but very comfortable room with modern decor. Three minor issues were that the AC was noisy when used at night, two of the bed frame corners were easy targets to stub a toe on (even with Julian's warning), and a couple of extra electrical plugs would have been helpful (unplugged a desk lamp and the clock radio to recharge our cell phones-easy fix). Short walks to Jacob's Theater (Once) and Radio City Music Hall (Idina Menzel), as well as to Time's Square, Central Park, and Heartland Brewery (yum!). All things being equal (e.g., had stayed twice before very comfortably at a hotel several blocks due east of the Ameritania, but the Ameritania's rates on this trip were more economical), we would happily stay at the Ameritania again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Gakster14,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! We are delighted that you chose the Ameritania for your recent visit to New York. I hope you will think of us when you are making plans to come back.

Judson Trapnell

Write a ReviewReviews (5,462)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having stayed in several "four star" hotels in NYC....the Ameritania is hands down the best location, service, and comfort that I have found for the price range. Deluxe room is good size for three people, beds amazingly comfortable, and bathrooms and decor are high tech and upscale. One of the best hotel stays in my life!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear JayneNorthCarolina,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your compliments mean a lot to the entire staff and management team.

We enjoyed having you with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

When we arrived 15:00Hrs our room was not ready ! We eventually got in our room just after 16:00Hrs (Not a Good Start)

No Fridge in Room :-(

Wifi available but at a cost !

The bar was closed throughout our stay due to short staffing issues ! Not what i wanted to hear...

I would suggest alternative hotel whilst staying in the city that never sleeps....

Geo

Room Tip: Pick alternative Hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Geo,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your room was not ready at our check in time of 3:00pm; this is unacceptable, and I will address this with our housekeeping staff. I am surprised to hear that the bar was closed on Saturday, but hope that you were able to enjoy some of the local bars in the neighborhood instead. Lastly, regarding the fridge; all of our rooms have full stocked mini bars, with fridges and snack trays. If you require a refrigerator to store personal items, we are happy to remove the mini bar beverages, or provide you with an additional empty one.

Again, my apologies for missing the mark during your stay. I'd like to invite you for a complimentary night at the hotel, based on availability, the next time you come to New York. Please contact me directly at jtrapnell@ameritanianyc.com and I would be happy to assist you with a booking.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was in a fantastic location, just of time square.
So if you like being in the middle of all the action it is perfect for you.

Double bed was comfy. The decor is modern and the shower was massive.

The staff were really helpful they gave us maps and brochures .

I would not recommend the shuttle bus to the airport, it took us two hours to get to the airport after we picked up six couples from different locations in New York.

We had a while to Waite on our last day. Jeff kept are bags safe while went and explored more of newyork.

We had a fantastic stay. Thanks

1  Thank Robin701

Dear Robin701,

Thank you for your very kind review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our great location to explore the city.

We look forward to being a part of many more New York memories to come!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We booked this hotel on our travel agents recommendation. I had requested a hotel we had stayed at before but he asured us that this one was just as nice. On hindsight I really wished I'd stuck with my first choice, but there you go hindsight is a wonderful thing. This was the second leg of our holiday flying in from Las Vegas so to be honest we were a it spoilt in Vegas, however I was shocked to see the size of our room it was tiny the wardrobe was not big enough for our clothes and the majority had to be kept in the suitcases laying under a table Only one of us could get ready at a time as there was no room to move round the bed. Our window was cracked on the inside and had been taped up and our door had been broken into at one point. The in room safe was on the floor in the wardrobe and I had to basically lie on the floor with a torch to use it which was no good if you were elderly or found it difficult to bend down.
The good points - Check in was fairly easy and the staff very polite and friendly. The first night we arrived we, found that there were no towels in our room as soon as I phoned reception a maid brought some straight up even though it was after 11pm.
The shower is amazing and the water is always hot no matter what time of day but beware of the floor tiles they can get very slippery when they are wet.
The bed was comfy but the quilt seemed a bit small for the bed but the bedding was clean and fresh.
The hotel is ideally situated at the top of Times Square and is only a few minutes walk to all the action. There is a sports bar next door called the Three Monkeys which serves good food although it is very noisy.
You have to walk past the David Letterman show to get to Times Square and if you are lucky you can go in and get free tickets in the morning if you wish. All in all we had a great time in new York but if I ever go back again I think I would choose another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear mandy781,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed many of the aspects of your stay with us, but am sorry to hear that your room was not large enough to accommodate your needs. From your description, it sounds like you stayed in one of our Express rooms, which is the smallest room category we have. I'd like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our King Deluxe rooms, which you will find to be much more roomy and comfortable, especially for two travelers.

Please feel free to email me directly at jtrapnell@ameritanianyc.com to make arrangements.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

when booking ensure you check the room types as the first one we were offered had no wardrobe to hang clothes, no room for suitcases, which made It near on impossible to move within the room .The bathroom was a good size. We were happier when we changed to a King bedded room, MUCH roomier. Also wifi is not free & even when you try & pay for it, it was impossible to connect to it. I ended up over the road at Starbucks.
The Location is very good, walking distance to theatres/Times Square/Broadway & lots of restaurants.Staff helpful especially the doormen.
We would stay there again..

Room Tip: Corner room overlooking 54th &Broadway, bit noisy but very typical New York, - police & fire...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear fej49,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and that you were able to take advantage of our central location to see the sights in Manhattan.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just returned from staying at Ameritania with my 16 year old son. It's not upscale, but nice. I thought our double room was big enough. Closet, two drawers, desk, chair, and a shelf in the bathroom. We were on the 12 th floor. I knew there would be noise, but it wasn't bad. All the staff was helpful. Very good location. Head a few minutes over to 9 th Ave. ( Hell's Kitchen) for your choice of restaurant. Serafina's ( on 7 th was very good).

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1201. Highest floor and not a boxed in view.

Dear IdahoBeachgirl,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you and your son enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.