“Great location, fantastic bell staff”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #128 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Decor lovely, rooms on the smaller side but acceptable as in the middle of NYC! Bell staff exceptionally good, Jeff and Julian were very helpful to me as I had broken my leg. They went over and beyond their call of duty for me. Thank you, and I would stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear jaywsk,

Thank you for your email and for providing us with positive feedback from your stay. I am truly sorry to hear about your broken leg and I am very happy to hear that the bell staff were helpful and went above and beyond to make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Judson Trapnell

Write a ReviewReviews (5,464)

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Fun hotel in convenient NYC location. Easy walk to Central Park,Rockefeller Center and Times Square and all theaters. Well priced with a modern appeal and well appointed rooms and friendly staff. We enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely return to the Ameritania.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Marisaj2

Dear Marisaj2,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had so much fun staying here!!!

The hotel has been newly renovated with cool modern style. The bedroom was small (standard for mid-town) but felt big because the ceilings were so high and there is a giant mirror. The bed was super comfortable with really nice fresh, soft sheets. Each room has a well thought out vanity tray with load of little tit-bits in case you forgot something - for an extra charge.

It's located right on the corner of Broadway, round the corner from where the David Letterman show is filmed and P Diddy's Bad Boy Entertainment Offices. It's so convenient, there are shops all around and everything is a short walk away.

Checking-in was slow because the hotel is so overbooked, it is better to wait for a higher floor though so you don't hear any noise of the street.

The concierge and bellboys are super swift, efficient and helpful generally. My colleague left his iphone in the lobby which they found, figured out who he was and kept safe for him to collect.

I didn't try the food because there are so many restaurants surrounding the hotel, or the internet as was out and about the whole time.

I tried to extend the reservation for the weekend but they were fully booked and oversubscribed which shows you that it's a popular place!

Room Tip: Request for a higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Megha J
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Megha J,

Thank you for taking time out to provide us with such a great review! We are so happy to hear that the hotel rooms were to your liking and that you felt comfortable. The staff sends you many thanks for your kind comments. I am glad that the phone was found and returned to your collegue and that your time in New York City was enjoyable.

I am deeply sorry to hear that you were not able to extend your stay with us. I know it gets pretty busy in the area. I look forward to your next visit so that you may enjoy some of our services at the hotel. Have a great rest of the summer!

Judson

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great location and staff. Comfortable room, great shower in spacious bathroom. Room kept very clean by daily maid. Doormen very helpful, especially Jeff. Very close to Times Square/Broadway so great choice of restaurants/diners in immediate vicinity. Downsides - air conditioning very noisy and pillows too thick - no others available when requested at reception.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Sharon R
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that our fantastic staff was able to enhance your stay. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like our pillows. I am going to look into purchasing some softer, less thick pillows to have available for your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Judson

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have not long returned from our honeymoon where we spent 6 nights in the ameritania prior to going on a cruise! I could not fault this hotel in anyway! We received a room upgraded and the room was very big, with lovely views on the 7th floor!locations great, 5 min walk to Central Park and 5 min walk to Times Square! Special thanks to Jeff looked after us the whole time we were there!we had a fantastic time and would recommend this hotel to others!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cheryl666

Dear Cheryl666,

Thank you very much for your kind review! Thank you for choosing the Ameritania to celebrate your special day. I am glad to hear that Jeff was helpful during your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The Ameritainia is a great Hotel. Good Reception. Wonderful beds. All amenities. very friendly Staff. Didn't try breakfast we wanted to eat at local Dynners with the locals which was great. The Hotel is rite on West 54th street close to all the sites of New York. Broadway. Times Square. Well worth a stay here. Would book again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elvisthekin

Dear elvisthekin,

Thank you so much for your great feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Judson Trapnell.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at this Hotel. Great location round the corner from Broadway and Times Square! Room was small and very noisy due to the Air Conditioning unit so didn't get much sleep.
Staff were not very helpful and seemed almost put out if you asked anything, which was a shame.
Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan K
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Susan K,

Thank you very much for emailing us and providing us with feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's location.

In regards to your experience with the room and staff, I am deeply sorry to hear that it was not as expected. We thrive in achieving outstanding customer service and I assure you that procedures are in place to continue to improve. I will take your review into consideration and will address these issues with our staff. I do hope you give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to email me directly at jtrapnell@ameritanianyc.com , and I can accommodate you into a nice quiet room. Thank you once again.