“Friendly, retro-modern, great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #138 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Marathon, WI
“Friendly, retro-modern, great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My sister and I spent 5 days in New York and stayed at this hotel. It was the perfect place to stay! Just the right size - great retro/modern vibe to it, comfortable accommodations. Great location - we were in the middle of almost everything we wanted to see and do! Theater's and great restaurants all around! We were greeted by the most friendly staff!! Every gentleman at the door was wonderful! Special thanks to JEFF! He welcomed us to NY on day one and put us at ease by helping us arrange our car back to the airport and answered any other questions we had! The front desk staff was also very very helpful and friendly. The bartender was super sweet - we stopped to visit him a couple of times! For a hotel bar they had great drink specials as well! I will definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to my friends! THANK YOU AMERITANIA!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HTCWI
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear HTCWI,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such kind comments! I am thrilled to know that your recent visit was enjoyable and that the staff was pleasant and helpful. Jeff and Javier send you a big thank you! We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Judson Trapnell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Thank you Jeff for arranging my ride back to the airport. Love that the hotel offers this service. The hotel itself is really nice and I've always had a great experience staying there. On my last trip thou I did want my mini bar and snacks removed from my room which I was told I would have to wait until the next day, which made no sense to me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Amylilfire,

Thank you very much for your kind comments! The staff sends you a huge thank you. It is our pleasure to help you with any of your transportation needs and hope that the ride back to the airport was enjoyable. In regards to the minibar snacks, I am sorry to hear that these could not be removed until the next day. The minibar attendant leaves the hotel at 5pm, and for security purposes, the storage room is closed after that time. I do look forward to your next stay and hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our second time at this hotel. The location is perfect because we love Times Square! Jeff at the door and Rob behind the desk were great at answering all of our questions. We will be back and will tell all of our friends!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Judi P,

Thank you for emailing us and for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that the staff at the hotel met your expectations and went above and beyond to answer all of your questions. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Have a great day.

Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have stayed in this hotel twice, most recently in July 2014. The location is in the heart of the theater district, with many Broadway shows within minutes. The hotel is located just blocks form Time Square in one direction and Central Park in the other. If you are a fan of David Letterman you can’t get much closer as the Tonight Studio is just around the corner form the front door. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and curious. The hotel has a retro funky décor; the rooms are adequate size and have updated furnishings. The only complaint this time was that our room was not completed by housekeeping until late afternoon (3pm). Our first visit to this hotel was in 2009 (Sept) and the price for the room was over 100.00 less than it was during July peak season. I would recommend this hotel to others and I will stay here again.

2 Thank 107RoseM
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear 107RoseM,

Thank you for your very kind review! I am pleased to hear that this was your second visit and that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm glad that our fantastic location gave you the opportunity to explore the city without a lot of effort.

We hope you will think of us once again for your future trips to New York!

All the Best,

De Haan, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Nice hotel, very good location, small rooms. Staff were very helpfull. I had some problems to pay with visa although it was working in ATM and in the shops.
the location was super. Close to broadway and Central park.

Hello Rudy,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was a very nice surprise. We usually stay at the five star hotels in NYC but Orbitz showed us a fair price at the Ameritania and we jumped on it. Cool design features turned my wife on; great location on Broadway turned us both on, and the staff was spectacular, particularly, Rob at the front desk and Jeff at the door/bellman made the stay most pleasant We'd go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marty D
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Marty D,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I am thrilled to hear that your stay was great and that our staff and location made you feel welcome. We are looking forward to your next visit to NYC!

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a great hotel! First I want to thank Sylwia Kruk, the Front Office Manager, whom I contacted from England for a twin bedded, quiet room. What a room when we arrived, -spacious, spotlessly clean, two double beds, and well cleaned every day by the staff, fresh towels each day. I expected to be kept awake by the city noise, but in our room on the 10th floor I heard no-one either side, above or below us, and no street noise except the odd sirens etc. So, marvellous Sylwia, and your reception staff are a credit to you. Whatever time we came in, there were always three on duty, Crystal, Catherine, and all the rest, all of whom were charming, and made it a pleasure for me to ask questions. The door staff, Jeff, Sayeed, Jalala and Chris, and the others, also a credit to the hotel, nothing was too much trouble, and all with huge smiles. I truly felt that all the staff enjoyed their jobs, and more importantly, the customer came first.
We stayed for a week, and found the location by far the best place we could have stayed in. We could walk to the main attractions, and were so glad we had not stayed in the madness that is Times Square, packed with tourists. The Ameritania does breakfast, or you can just have a free tea or coffee in the morning in the breakfast room, but we had breakfast and meals in different places, of which there are scores within walking distance. We were amazed at how cheap food, meals, beverages, transport was, I would say half the price of England. Same with clothes, cosmetics, etc, nearly everything was much cheaper than in England.
So thank you Ameritania, for a great holiday.

Room Tip: 10th floor was marvellously quiet