Ameritania Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$503
US$365
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$228
  • Restaurant
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$220
US$190
  • Bar/Lounge
Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$492
US$275
  • Bar/Lounge
US$187
US$157
  • Room Service
5,782 results
All reviewscentral parktimes squaregreat locationnew yorkfree wifidoor staffaround the cornerfew blocksgreat showerspecial thankswould definitely stay here againtwo double bedscorner roomstreet noisesmall roomthe theater districtbig apple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend recently. The location is perfect - between Central Park and Times Square. Can walk to Empire State Building as well. Room was a nice size for NYC and was very clean. Very modern style but tasteful. The bed was very comfortable - probably the best I've had in a hotel and the entire hotel was clean. Staff was friendly but didn't really interact much past check in. It should be noted that it is not wheelchair accessible from what I saw. To enter the building there are some large steps and I think they would be difficult for an elderly person. Parking is on same street which is very convenient and easy to use. Many restaurants near by and lots of theaters within walking distance...wouldn't hesitate to come back!

• Stayed: July 2014
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear PandEAllen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our fantastic location in the heart of Manhattan.

To address your question about handicap accessibility, we are able to accommodate wheel chairs, scooters and walkers. To get around the stairs by the front door, we have a large ramp we can put out, or we are able to use the large doors in the hotel restaurant, which are at street level. Additionally, we have ADA compliant rooms on each floor.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been staying at the Ameritania for several years. While the hotel is in a great location and the rooms are terrific, it's the staff that puts this over-the-top for me headed by Renaldo Moore. Renaldo, Crystal, Jeff, Jalal and the rest always have a smile and solution, never a problem.
When my meetings and schedule are hectic and at all hours, I can always count on getting some rest and a friendly smile from everyone at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear DHask,

Thank you so much for your kind note! As one of our loyal and frequent guests, it is wonderful to hear that we consistently exceed your expectations.

All of us are delighted to be your home away from home here in New York and look forward to many happy returns to come!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Picked this hotel for its location and wasn't disappointed. A short walk from Times Square and Central Park. Being off Broadway I did expect lots of noise late into the night but this wasn't a problem - Saturday night was slightly noisier but nothing I wasn't expecting for a centrally located hotel !
Rooms were very clean, lovely comfy beds, and great shower. Reception were very helpful and door staff very friendly. I also couldn't fault the continental breakfast with free tea and copy. Only negative for me was having to pay for wifi.
Would definitely revisit.

Room Tip: The hotels have rooms facing out over West 54th Street, over Broadway, or overlooking the air conditioning! Personally I'd choose a room at the front of the hotel on 54th Street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Shal1313
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Shal1313,

Thank you for your very kind note! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our New York City hospitality.

I hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in New York.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends....friendly staff (Jeff, the doorman) was very friendly and funny. Location, location, location is the key and this was just right. The only drawback is the shortage of towels, but the room manager Judson assured me and my girlfriend that this is a priority of the hotel and that it should be rectified in two weeks. I stayed there 30 July - 3 Aug 2014.

Room Tip: Ensure you get a view of the city...I had room 219 and there is definitely nothing to see from this room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mycoe314,

Thank you for taking a moment to share you review with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us. Again, apologies about the towels -- our new ones should be arriving momentarily!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our family was extremely pleased with our accomodation. From the management(Mr. Trapnell) to bellman (Jeff), everyone was very friendly. We couldn't thank all the staffs enough for our welcoming stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Julie S,

Thank you for sharing your compliments with us on TripAdvisor! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back for another visit.

Judson Trapnell