“Great Stay!”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #126 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The staff was great accommodating our needs. I would recommend this hotel to others. I wasn't sure when I booked the hotel, but, was pleasantly surprised at how great it was. Close to everything, importantly, very clean and the staff is excellent!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Catherine H,

Thank you for taking then time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff went above and beyond to accommodate your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Judson

Write a ReviewReviews (5,557)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is very cool looking. The rooms are small, but clean and just fine for a city where you are on the go. Couple of issues: upon arrival, we wanted to shower--not a SINGLE towel in the room. It took two phine calls to the front desk and about 40 minutes to get them. Still--no hand towels or washcloths. The same thng happend the next time the room was cleaned and it took and hour to get towels!
On our day of departure, I asked the bellman to secure a cab for 3:30 pm. He secured a car, which was almost $20 more than a cab and was going to charge an extra fee for using my credit card. He did not tell me any of this until the car arrived at 3:30. What a racket--this was dishonest. I refused the car and told them I wanted a cab, not a car. The hotel paid the fee, but still the car was$15 to $20 more than a cab.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Carol G,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed that hotel, but am so sorry to hear about the inconvenience you had with receiving bath towels. Just today, we received a large shipment of towels, and we are expecting another large order of towels (and sheets) to arrive in the next few weeks.

With regard to the car service vs. cabs, it is quite common for a private car service to cost more than a taxi. I apologize if there was a breakdown in communication on our end explaining the pricing to you.

I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in New York.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location, clean hotel, and friendly staff. Can't ask for anything more. But, we got more... We were celebrating my friends birthday and Crystal upgraded our room and had red wine and cup cakes awaiting us when we walked in. This so nice! We had a great experience and hope to be back. I would recommend this hotel. I hope my next stay is just as great!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear ahlmine,

Thank you for your kind comments! We are thrilled to hear that your stay was great and that the birthday celebration was even more special for your friend. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great Location! Within Walking distance of a lot of things such as Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Center any much more...
Room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Dana Z

Dear Dana Z,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback! We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that the bed in the room was comfortable. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend recently. The location is perfect - between Central Park and Times Square. Can walk to Empire State Building as well. Room was a nice size for NYC and was very clean. Very modern style but tasteful. The bed was very comfortable - probably the best I've had in a hotel and the entire hotel was clean. Staff was friendly but didn't really interact much past check in. It should be noted that it is not wheelchair accessible from what I saw. To enter the building there are some large steps and I think they would be difficult for an elderly person. Parking is on same street which is very convenient and easy to use. Many restaurants near by and lots of theaters within walking distance...wouldn't hesitate to come back!

• Stayed: July 2014
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear PandEAllen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our fantastic location in the heart of Manhattan.

To address your question about handicap accessibility, we are able to accommodate wheel chairs, scooters and walkers. To get around the stairs by the front door, we have a large ramp we can put out, or we are able to use the large doors in the hotel restaurant, which are at street level. Additionally, we have ADA compliant rooms on each floor.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been staying at the Ameritania for several years. While the hotel is in a great location and the rooms are terrific, it's the staff that puts this over-the-top for me headed by Renaldo Moore. Renaldo, Crystal, Jeff, Jalal and the rest always have a smile and solution, never a problem.
When my meetings and schedule are hectic and at all hours, I can always count on getting some rest and a friendly smile from everyone at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear DHask,

Thank you so much for your kind note! As one of our loyal and frequent guests, it is wonderful to hear that we consistently exceed your expectations.

All of us are delighted to be your home away from home here in New York and look forward to many happy returns to come!

Warmest Regards,