“Always a great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #139 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Westerville, Ohio
“Always a great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm always impressed when I stay at this hotel. It's very quiet and the rooms are always clean and very nice. The front desk service was extra nice this time - very pleasant to work with.
I'd pick this hotel over other places in the City for it's location, quiet rooms and friendly service.

Room Tip: I had room 611 -- it had TWO beds, which i almost unheard of in NYC!!! It was a little larger than o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Lizzib1972,

Thank you for your very kind review! We are delighted that you chose to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in New York.

Judson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Its a very beatifull hotel located in the heart of manhattan. You have the subway one block away from. The rooms are tiny but they are very well decorated and the beds are very confortable!. Im going to come back!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Martina S,

Thank you for sharing your review with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our fantastic location!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I'm a hotel snob. In my professional life, I have stayed at the finest in NYC and around the world … Waldorf, Four Seasons, W, Le Meridien, Ritz, etc. When it comes to family vacation, I spend hours shopping for the hotel that will pass my picky test, while also watching the budget. I got that and more at the Ameritania. Fabulous front desk staff (thanks, Rob, for all of the personal help and tips), fabulous doormen and maid service. Eclectic wonderful decor, really clean. AWESOMELY large room for NYC on the 8th floor away from any noise. My husband, big teenage sons and I had plenty of room and loved the funky decor, plus the beds were really comfortable. No restaurant, but that didn't matter. Walk to anywhere you want to eat. SUPER location … by Ed Sullivan Theater on Broadway. 3-min walk up Broadway to Central Park. 5-min walk down to Times Square. 5-min walk to Rockefeller Center. 3-min walk to the subway. 2-min walk to Duane Reed where we stocked up on sundries and drinks that we could put in the mini-fridge. We even rented bikes from across the street. The only minor criticism was that the AC unit could've been a little quieter. Oh, and the price was SO RIGHT! Wonderful value for the $$$ in the heart of Manhattan. I'll stay there again and again.

3 Thank Allison B
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Allison B,

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hotel and that our staff, particularly Rob, provided such stellar service during your stay.

We wish you all a wonderful remainder of the summer and look forward to seeing you again for a future stay.

Studio City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I would come back again and again. This hotel is located in a great place between many subway options, the beds are great and the fact that we had two beds for the price, it is fantastic! I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank haayjude
Dear haayjude,

Thank you so much for your kind note! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

People dont give this hotel enough credit. We were hesitant going in but left absolutely in love with this hotel.

Our first room was unfortunate. It was very small and although we had the A/C set at 68, it failed to go below 78. Maintenance even said that it was working and didnt know why it was so hott. Thankfully the management is great and immediately apologized and moved AND upgraded us.Our new room was at least twice the size and faced out over the street.

Everything was very clean, neat and nice. Very high quality products throughout the room, including an ihome and full length oversized standing mirror. Its so nice there was a celebrity staying there when we were!

The location is phenomenal. Minutes from time square, metro stop just one block away, late night eats right around the corner and the late show with David Letterman also right around the corner (Im talking 10 steps from the front door).

I loved this hotel and you will too!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Lauren C
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Lauren C,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and would like to offer my apologies for the inconvenience you encountered with the air conditioning in your first room.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The staff was great accommodating our needs. I would recommend this hotel to others. I wasn't sure when I booked the hotel, but, was pleasantly surprised at how great it was. Close to everything, importantly, very clean and the staff is excellent!

Dear Catherine H,

Thank you for taking then time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff went above and beyond to accommodate your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is very cool looking. The rooms are small, but clean and just fine for a city where you are on the go. Couple of issues: upon arrival, we wanted to shower--not a SINGLE towel in the room. It took two phine calls to the front desk and about 40 minutes to get them. Still--no hand towels or washcloths. The same thng happend the next time the room was cleaned and it took and hour to get towels!
On our day of departure, I asked the bellman to secure a cab for 3:30 pm. He secured a car, which was almost $20 more than a cab and was going to charge an extra fee for using my credit card. He did not tell me any of this until the car arrived at 3:30. What a racket--this was dishonest. I refused the car and told them I wanted a cab, not a car. The hotel paid the fee, but still the car was$15 to $20 more than a cab.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Carol G,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed that hotel, but am so sorry to hear about the inconvenience you had with receiving bath towels. Just today, we received a large shipment of towels, and we are expecting another large order of towels (and sheets) to arrive in the next few weeks.

With regard to the car service vs. cabs, it is quite common for a private car service to cost more than a taxi. I apologize if there was a breakdown in communication on our end explaining the pricing to you.

I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in New York.

Judson Trapnell