“Right off Broadway/Excellent Price”
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Ameritania Hotel
Ranked #138 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Right off Broadway/Excellent Price”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Never write reviews but this hotel is fantastic- location is great- price is great- room was great and staff was great. In particular the front door and one of their colleagues Micheal. If you visit NYC stay here.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear patrick_guiney1,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and colleagues back home.

Wishing you many happy returns,

Judson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The Ameritania hotel is a great place to stay whilst visiting New York City! It is located in the heart of Times Square so was very easy to get places. It is surrounded by restaurants, shopping, transportation options and the theatre district. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the rooms were air conditioned and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Lbaigent,

Thank you for choosing the Ameritania for your recent visit to New York City! I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel and that the staff was very helpful and made you feel welcome. You are a very valuable guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Monmouth County, Nj
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The toilet kept running all day and night (in my room and the rooms next to me). The windows are old and dangerous! Watch your kids! I was on the 7th floor and heard everything street level. The air conditioner was very loud. Between the old windows, the noise outside, the running toilets and the load air conditioners, I had no sleep. While the hotel is clean and that staff is nice, it needs updating and I wouldn't stay there again if I needed to get a good night's sleep.

Dear TAT2DTONTO,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that your room was noisy. Did you contact the front desk during your stay to let them know? We would have been more than happy to try to address your concerns with the windows and the noisy air conditioning. We also would have been happy to move you into a different room.

I hope you will come back and give us another try. Please email me directly at jtrapnell@ameritanianyc.com and I will ensure you have a fantastic and quiet stay!

Needham
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Wonderful service, modern design, a spacious room, and a very friendly and highly professional staff at the reception desk. Everything was very clean and the appliances were working. The location near the Times Square makes this hotel a desirable place for tourists. Most likely we will be here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Gary D,

Thank you so much for such a great review! We are very happy to know that your stay was enjoyable and hope that you chose the Ameritania for your next visit. Have a great remainder of the summer!

Judson Trapnell
Reviewed 24 August 2014

First of all let me start that i am one fuzzy person when it comes to hotel. I worked in the airline for 13 years. I've stayed in the best and worst hotel the world can offer. I was once based in New York during the mid-90's for 3 years and stayed in a fancy hotel.Been in and out of New York since then but mostly staying with relatives in Staten Island or with friends in Soho/Tribeca area.This is the first time i decided to explore New York on my own and decided to stay in a hotel in midtown Manhattan.

I found Ameritania Hotel in Expedia. The price was reasonable. I paid around U$800 for 4 nights. I was very surprised to see my room. It was well decorated. Very modern, so chic. The room is big enough . The bed is so comfy. Very quiet. I was tired most of the time exploring the city but i slept very well. The room and bathroom were very clean. There is no bathtub but its not a big deal to me as i loved the shower. The size of the bathroom is just right. They also have ironing board. The only thing i would suggest, is make the wi-fi free. But its not a big deal either to me since i have a 4G and there are tons of Starbucks with free wi-fi around the corner.

The hotel is in the corner of Broadway. If you love watching shows, you can just walk around all the way to Times Square. Lots of restaurants, cafes and shopping nearby. The 7th avenue subway is just a block away that can take you to most of the attractions in New York.

Special thanks to Said (doorman) who helped me with directions. To Alex and Crystal in the reception who has been very helpful from the time i checked-in. Also, thank you to Michael( doorman) who took care of my luggage and finding taxis for me.

This hotel is really highly recommended. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back to stay whenever i am in New York.

Perla Domingo

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Pearl D
Dear Pearl D,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your time with us at the Ameritania! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff members were helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the near future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to stay in a very well located and affordable place in nyc.
The staff is friendly and helful, especially Saïd -a multilingual groom who is always doing his best to help you.
The location is the upper town of Broadway, close to many restaurants and bars.
It's 10 min away from Times Square, with many subway stations close by. So overall, it's very convenient and well located.
About the wifi, it seems it's free in the lobby room. Otherwise you have a Starbucks at the corner. I got it for free because I stayed for a while and we booked two rooms :)
I admit that the AC is a bit noisy but it did not annoy us to sleep. Rooms are very clean.
A small fitness room is available for free at the basement.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear sebasutchien,

Thank you for choosing the Ameritania during your latest visit to New York City! We highly value your opinion and thank you for your review. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jtrapnell@ameritanianyc.com for a future visit and I can assist in reserving a nice quiet room for you. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Honolulu
Reviewed 23 August 2014

It's quite noisy in non-street facing rooms due to huge AC turbines lower below outside the window.
They were able to move us to a room facing the street from the second day.
WiFi connection in that room was so weak and we had to use the service in the lobby only and we had purchased the 3-day premium connection for this.

Dear Yuichi H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to learn about the inconvenience you experienced with the noise of the air handlers, but am glad that we were able to accommodate you in another, quieter room. With regard to the WIFI service, there are a few weak spots in the hotel that we are actively working to correct by installing new routers and signal boosters. I'd be happy to issue you a refund for the WIFI service that you purchased. Please email me at jtrapnell@ameritanianyc.com as I will just need to collect a few details from you.

Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.