I will preface this review with a warning to Timeshare owners - if you are from RCI and got a "deal" to come to this hotel, don't accept it!! It is a huge rip off. I overpaid for the travel certificate to stay at this hotel. The room we got vs. their on line rate was far cheaper. Avoid all timeshare deals to stay here! Timeshare rip offs aside - here is our review.
We were in room 385 - very small room right on 51st street - we read past reviews that said this hotel was off Time Square on a quiet street. Location is great - you can walk everywhere and all subway lines are near by but 51st is not a quiet street. There are several nearby restaurants and bars, so the crowds are out late and the garbage and delivery trucks come at all hours of the night. If someone double parks, you will hear the car horns non - stop. I had to buy ear plugs on our second night just to try and get some sleep. The hotel has been refurbished. Rooms were modestly modern and clean. Bathrooms have been re done. The elevator holds maybe 4 people, so take the stairs. Rooms are small! You have a bed, wall tv and small desk - maybe two feet from the bed to the door and that's it!! If you want space and big comfort, this hotel is not for you. Beds were comfortable with nice linens. Bathroom was tiny - sink was the size of a facecloth but it was fine for two nights. Staff are nice in the lobby but the hotel doesn't offer any extras if you are looking for them. If you plan to stay, splurge for the "bigger rooms" and ask for the courtyard or back rooms - should be quieter. With so many hotel options in NYC, I'm not sure I will return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everyone has a New York story. What will be yours?The Washington Jefferson Hotel beckons with comfortable, unpretentious accommodations, a warm staff and an exceptional, customer-oriented experience. Stay in one of our 135 rooms and suites equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access, Frette linens and towels, iPod docking stations, a daily copy of The New York Times, luxury bathroom amenities and flat-screen HDTVs.Discover an NYC boutique hotel that is both pleasantly tucked away and yet right in the middle of the action. The WJ is one of the most conveniently located hotels near Times Square, just steps from the best of Broadway shows and musicals, as well as Restaurant Row, Central Park, Rockefeller Center and various other attractions. Whether you are here to make big business deals or gaze upon the city’s legendary sights, the WJ Hotel is here to help write your ideal New York story. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Washington Jefferson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Washington Jefferson
- Washington Jefferson Hotel New York
- Washington Jefferson New York City