I booked this hotel over Christmas based on a sale price of $90 a night and the location.
Location, Location, Location! I love staying in Hell's Kitchen and this hotel was just steps away from Atlas Social Club, Boxers, Stage 48, Industry, and Therapy.
The Room, even though it was small as advertised I found the room to be very clean and updated.
Free Wi-Fi that worked well most of the time however I did experience a few hiccups on my connection.
Residents, this is not just a hotel folks. There are actual residents that live in the hotel and their doors look different than the hotel guest doors (see picture). The residents were creepy in my opinion and apparently they share a bathroom so I saw one who was nearly naked as he entered the bathroom...strange encounter. Some of the residents leave their door open (see picture) and you can smell and hear noises from their rooms as you walk down the hall. Oh and did I mention the resident who was looking in my bathroom window from his room.
All in all this wasn't a bad hotel at all but please be aware of the stranger than strange mixed living situation of this hotel that made the whole experience not so great. I am not sure I can honestly recommend this hotel to other travelers based on my experience with the "locals" at WJ Hotel. Also I noticed that the normal prices are much higher and I definitely wouldn't pay the normal rates to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everyone has a New York story. What will be yours?The Washington Jefferson Hotel beckons with comfortable, unpretentious accommodations, a warm staff and an exceptional, customer-oriented experience. Stay in one of our 135 rooms and suites equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access, Frette linens and towels, iPod docking stations, a daily copy of The New York Times, luxury bathroom amenities and flat-screen HDTVs.Discover an NYC boutique hotel that is both pleasantly tucked away and yet right in the middle of the action. The WJ is one of the most conveniently located hotels near Times Square, just steps from the best of Broadway shows and musicals, as well as Restaurant Row, Central Park, Rockefeller Center and various other attractions. Whether you are here to make big business deals or gaze upon the city’s legendary sights, the WJ Hotel is here to help write your ideal New York story. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Washington Jefferson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Washington Jefferson
- Washington Jefferson Hotel New York
- Washington Jefferson New York City