“Awesome Accomodations”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #152 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Awesome Accomodations”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Ideally located in Times Square, great ameneties across the street. Check out Restaurant Row nearby. Staff are very accommodating and helpful, rooms are second to none.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have stayed twice at the HGI Times Square both with my daughter for some shopping and business. Both visits to this Hotel have been great. We have enjoyed staying at the HGI and the staff has made us well very welcome. They even remembered us from last years stay. Great location, close to everything. The proximity to "restaurant row" made dining options a hard decision.I will definitely stay with this HGI again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Jared M, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
Dear AllenLRDU,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. Every bit of feedback is greatly valued.

I am so glad to know our hotel exceeded your overall expectations for a second time! Our entire staff goes above and beyond each day to do so.

As for our location, it really can’t be beat. Like you mentioned, we are conveniently located within steps of "restaurant row" which boasts some of the best dining options in the city!

We very much look forward to your return. If you have any questions or comments pertaining to your next stay please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm Regards,

Jared Miners
Guest Experience Manager
jared.miners@hilton.com
(212) 581-7000
NY
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Very nice Hilton Garden in on 8th avenue in NYC close to theatres, dining, park etc...

THe hotel is very clean and quiet. Neat roof top bar. The room was quiet even though it faced 8th avenue. Bathroom very clean - in room coffee maker and refrigerator.

If you are staying in NYC for a show, this hotel is prime location - you can walk to just about any theatre. Multiple dining venues as well.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed here for business travel in May 2011. The room was fine. Clean enough and comfortable enough. However, what made a fine experience disappointing was the service from certain staff at this hotel. The front desk was competent and friendly as was the cleaning staff. What really upset me was the pseudo security guy that makes you present your key every time you come in and out. I'm fine with having to present my key, but they don't need to be so aggressive about it.

I finally got over the rude key demands by the end of my stay but then... I had all my bags with me and was trying to get a taxi to the train. I asked the doorman to help me with a taxi and he rudely informed me it was not his job. I thought that was a basic service of hotel door people? The door was automatic, all he does is stand there. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I don't need the attitude from the staff here.

My coworkers and I travel often for work and I always advise people not to stay here when we have business in the Times Square area. Too many other options...

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KateDonovan
Dear KateDonovan,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay with us in May of 2011. We value each and every guest’s opinion.

It disappoints me to hear that some of our staff did not deliver proper guest service. As a hotel our goal is to go above and beyond for every guest so that they are happy with their experience. Your experience will be brought to the to the attention of our entire management team to ensure these type of issue do not arise in the future.

I would love to further discuss your stay with us to gain more details and insight into your experience. Please feel free to email or call me at the email address or telephone number listed below.

I do hope that in the near future you choose our hotel again. We would love another chance to deliver a perfect experience! I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Warm Regards,

Jared Miners
Guest Experience Manager
jared.miners@hilton.com
(212) 581-7000
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Cant' say anything bad about this hotel. It was just a couple of minutes from Time Square. Price per night was slightly less than hotels in the area, and a lot less than Times Square. Rooms are a nice size, and not too small. We spent 6 nights here, and had no complaints. Be aware that while it does have free high-speed internet, it's only the lobby. This is the normal for NYC it appears.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We made a last minute family decision to visit NYC over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and wanted to ensure we could find a hotel that could accomodate a family of 4. Most of the hotels seem to have 2 doubles, which make it difficult when you have 4 grown people. This hotel is one of the few that had 2 queens in the room and was in VERY close walking distance to Time Square. In addition, it was one of the best priced hotels...and you get the Hilton service that you would expect...from friendly front desk staff to a very accomodating concierge. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I've been staying here regularly for a number of years - for about 4 days every fall and another week in the spring. The location's good if you don't mind the level of activity being near Times Square. The front desk people here have always been professional and are among the more competent ones I've encountered. Rooms are "regular" sized (as opposed to many in NYC where you can stand on the bed and touch all four walls). It's relatively new, clean. Also, the HHonors breakfast at the attached restaurant is a pretty good one, too. Only negatives are no pool or self-service guest laundry (even though Hilton Garden Inns claim to have this at "every" location). Also, the workout facilities are limited. Never could figure out the "16th floor" thing they're advertising in the elevators... it's apparently a rooftop bar, but you can't get there from inside the hotel. I finally figured you need to go outside and around the corner to a separate entrance... which was locked. So I'm guessing that business up there isn't booming. Lately, their rates have been increasing - so much so that the discount rates over at the Hilton Times Square were actually lower (and the Doubletree T.S. was similar) when I was there this fall. As long as they don't raise their rates too much, this is still a nice value for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty soundproof, but 8th Avenue can be noisy if you're in a lower room on that side.