“Amazing location in the greatest city”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #146 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Amazing location in the greatest city”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our one year wedding anniversary. The service and hospitality at this hotel was comparable to our 5 diamond honeymoon. Upon walking into our room we there were rose pedals on the bed, champagne, and a nice card from the staff. My wife loved it!!

Jenn Reyes who helped me through the booking process was absolutely amazing. They really know how to take care of their guests.

The only thing I would change was the cold weather!! :)

Thanks Hilton Garden Inn!!

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This was a great hotel. I crack UP at some of these negative reviews because they are all such petty gripes. The location was great, the staff was friendly and, as for me, and I know this is a personal preference---I LOVE the subway and yes, I could hear it every once in a while on the 5th floor, but I thought it was soothing and really made me appreciate NYC. It's NEW YORK, people, it's loud and it's great. Thank you, HGI, for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The customer experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is second to none. From the moment I walked in the front door, I was welcomed with a smile. The bellmen were exceptional. "It's very windy outside this morning, may I get you a cab so you don't have to walk?" It's those little touches that really set this place apart. Jared, whom I believe is one of the "Guest Experience" Managers, was awesome. I especially appreciated the pre-arrival survey they sent me via email; so considerate!

So, why didn't I give this hotel 5 stars? The walls are thin. Very thin. I could hear everything going on in the adjacent room (and I mean everything). Unfortunately, there's not much the staff can do about that. Turning on the a/c and some white noise seemed to do the trick for me. The bed was so incredibly comfortable, there was no way I was going to change rooms! For a hotel room in NYC, the rooms are surprisingly spacious. As far as cleanliness, I couldn't find a speck of dirt anywhere.

I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Nicole_Cermele, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Dear tinainvirginia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square! Our entire staff is committed to providing great customer service! I am so happy to know that we succeeded. I will be sure to pass your amazing praises onto Jared and the bell staff.

I would like to apologize for the noise issues during your stay. We try and accommodate all of our guests in rooms that fit their preferences. Please contact us prior to your next visit so that we are able to place you in a room with less noise than your previous room.

Warm Regards,

Nicole Cermele
Guest Experience Manager
manchester
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed here from 4-9 January and absolutely loved both New York City and this hotel! The location is unbeatable, right near Times square and within walking distance to many attractions. Despite being so close to the action we didn't find it too noisy at night so still got some sleep!

The rooms are lovely and kept clean, someone came in each day we were there to clean the room. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

It was our first time in New York and we will definiitely be back again, I am sure there are many great hotels in the city but we won't be staying in any of them! Once you have found something that ticks all the boxes why go anywhere else??

I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be close to the action but still wants a nice hotel experience at an affordable price. The hotel is rated as a 3 star but I would say it should be at least a 4.

Once again - fantastic!

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel so it was quiter than staying at the front I should think.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debbieent
chicago
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My kids enjoy staying in Times Square when we go to NYC. This place was friendly (yes!! can you believe it???--from the inquiring phone call to the front desk, to the bell men), clean, convenient and affordable!!

I am definitely coming back!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mei S
Cocoa Beach, FL
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Simply put, this hotel is awsome. Staff, location, rooms. Broadway shows within feet of your door. Great little diner a couple blocks south. If you're looking for a clean, safe hotel...this place is great. Our room actually had a view!

Room Tip: Our room was southeast, with a view of 48th
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G8ter
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have to begin by confessing that my wife and I like Hilton Garden Inns. We both travel for work and have stayed in many HGIs. The Times Square hotel measures up very well. First, the rooms are large by New York standards, and they have the customary HGI beds that we find the most comfortable of any hotel chain. Breakfast is very good at an adjoining restaurant, and I cannot forget to mention Larry, the concierge. Always cheerful and helpful. Every review of this hotel mentions the location, and I can only agree. Service, price, friendliness, location will bring us back next time we are in New York.

Room Tip: A room at the end of the hall (e.g., 301 or 302) will provide an extra measure of quiet and privacy.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank GregChapelHill
Dear GregChapelHill,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. We are so excited to know that you and your wife really enjoyed your time with us and we love that you love Hilton Garden Inns!

We want our guests to feel right at home when they stay with us. Our rooms are a great size by New York City standards; all of them are about 300 square feet. I am so happy to hear that you both had a great night's rest in our Garden Sleep System beds and enjoyed a hot breakfast at Pigalle's.

I hope that we are now your favorite of all Hilton Garden Inns! Please feel free to call us directly whenever you find yourselves coming to New York City! We would love to have you.

Warm Regards,