“Perfect”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #141 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Would stay here again. Got the airport shuttle to Port Authority ($8 as we are seniors - just) and walked 10 minutes to hotel. We took a cruise and taxi to cruise terminal $10. Would recommend hotel and Pigalle restaurant which is part of the hotel. Concierge very helpful and coffe in the lobby a bonus.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bluejay81

Reviewed 14 June 2012

It's always a dilemma to stay in NYC during a popular week. We didn't want to take the chance with a last minute reservation so used Hilton Honors points "plus". The location is great - 1/2 way between the heart of times square and central park; easy walk to the upper west side or the upper east side. The room was updated very nicely. Appreciated having room to move around and 2 very comfortable queen beds. Staff members were responsive. Would stay here again, if the price seems right.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Groupworker
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The staff was so helpful! We got to the hotel early so they checked our bags for the day and called us when the room was ready. The doormen Jules and Donald were especially great, can't wait to come back. Thet recommended restaurants (fabulous)

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a higher floor to not hear all the traffic
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We liked everything about HGI. The location was great, it was very clean and everyone on staff was very nice and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Well, you cannot go wrong by staying at a Hilton hotel. Although, I picked this location because it was cheaper than other NYC hotels and it was close to my business client. Now, just because I was traveling on business doesn't mean that I was going to pass on the opportunity to enjoy what NYC has to offer.

First, the taxi ride from Laguardia Airport to this location was $47,00 and that's with a tip of $9.00. However, keep in mind that the traffic when I arrived wasn't that bad considering it was only Noon. I would suggest guesstimating spending between $45 - $55 including the tip. And remember that unless you don't plan on returning home....you've already spent $110. By the way, NYC taxis take credit cards: Master Card, VIsa, AmEx. And don't allow the taxi driver to convince you that they don't take credit cards...they don't but it make take two or more swipes before it reads your card.

Upon check-in, they gave me a room on the 8th floor. It had a nice view of 8th Avenue. Also, I was able to show the room to my family back home because I was able to utilize Facetime using Hilton's WiFi network. I was surprised that I didn't have to sign-on to their network via a password enabled website.

Next, the location was very convenient to Times Square. Example: Hilton Garden Inn to Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co. restaurant on 1501 Broadway was only .6 of a mile. So, I think it took me 20 minutes to walk to the restaurant. Along my walk I came across the typical gift stores, theaters, and taverns.

Finally, my thing was the walk over to Esposito's over on 38th Street and 9th Avenue. Giovanni Esposito & Sons (est. 1933) is primarily known for its pork and rightfully so...on average they produce over 10,000 lbs of sausage for area restaurants per week. In addition, they carry meat, poultry and game. I would suggest before heading to the airport stop by Esposito's Sausage on the corner 38th Street and 9th Ave with a cold thermal bag and with one of those rubbermaid blue ice blocks. You know the kind you place in your freeze. Make sure your bag is regulated to keep your items cold for 3-4 hrs depending on your flight. Add in the ice block and you're good to go! Anyway purchase whatever and place the entire bag in your check-in luggage. And don't carry it on the plane. TSA agents would freak out!

By the way, when I reached home later that evening... the items I purchased were still frozen. and we grilled them that evening and had ourselves a taste of New York City.

Oops, I almost forgot this Hilton location is just two bldgs down from FDNY Engine 54, Truck 4, also known as the "Pride of Midtown." So, make sure you pop in and tell them thanks for everything they do....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelingdude
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I will not duplicate the accolades of other reviewers about the great location, convenience, cleanliness, friendliness, etc. It did seem that someone had tried to anticipate our every need. The beds were perfectly comfy (and adjustable!).

We are Hilton Gold members for years, so we have stayed at four other Hilton properties in Midtown NYC. All things considered, this one is the best for the buck for what we want in the Times Sq. area close to theatre, restaurant, and transportation.

Room Tip: We asked for a room at the back---away from vending and elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Just spend 6 days here with my wife and two teenage Goddaughters from the UK, what a wonderful hotel and the location could not be better, one block and you are on Broadway, 3 blocks and you are in the middle of Times Square.

Really good restaurant on site, we eat breakfast every morning there before heading out sightseeing. Wait staff in the restaurant are all very attentive especially Marco.

The rooms are large for NYC standards and quiet, we had a King Size Bed in ours, and our Goddaughters were upgraded to two Queens Size Beds and moved to the room next to us, thanks to Joanna, Guest Experience Manager.

We never heard any “Hall Noise” or anything from rooms on either side of us. Yes, you can hear the fire engines and police when they go down 8th Ave but it did not bother us. The air conditioning is quite and works well, this is always one of my pet peeves (air conditioning noise), I hate air conditioners that turn on and off all night, no such problem in this hotel, you do not hear the compressor turning on/off at all. With three elevators there was very little waiting time, not an issue. Showers are the low water usage type, but not really an issue, just takes an extra few minutes to rinse off.

All the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, always saying hello, always asking if they could help us in anyway or if we needed anything!

It is very evident that all the staff have had “Customer Experience Training”, they want to make sure that they exceed normal customer (Guest) expectations and in my opinion they did.

In fact my wife and Goddaughters liked the hotel location and staff so much that we cancelled our reservations at a different hotel for our return trip from Washington, DC in two days, and rebooked this hotel for last two nights in NYC.

Short $5.00 Taxi ride from Penn Station, if two or more people this is easier/faster than the Subway @ $2.50/each person.

We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: In cities like New York, higher rooms are usually quieter in regards to street noise. We were on the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family