“Location to theatres - perfect”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #147 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Location to theatres - perfect”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed 4 nights here. Location was perfect for theatres, Central Park, shopping, subway and work. Our room was small and could have been cleaner, the bathroom tiny. Stains on the carpet, felt somewhat grungy, stains on the bedskirt, bathroom door was warped due to water, wall paper at ceiling next to connecting door looked like there was water damage and our door had to be pulled/pushed shut as it stuck. Could hear the subway below from the 9th floor but wasn't bothersome. Staff was excellent and concierge too - used all of his suggestions for a very wonderful day. Breakfast was included at Pigalle which was ok and staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Request high floor if you think the subway will bother you - it was just a hum from the 9th floor
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear howeboyz,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know the location was great for you and the team was of great help in making your stay extra special.

I want to take a moment to personally apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the condition of your room. I have discussed your comments with the housekeeping staff to make sure the situation does not repeat itself.

I have reached out to you because we want to make amends and we see that there is opportunity to make things right. I look forward to your response and the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Director of Guest Experience
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I agree with all the other positive reviewers about this hotel. I booked our weekend overnight stay based on these reviews. From check in to check out we had a delightful stay. The staff members were all friendly and efficient. Upon check in, I found out I was Guest of the Day - wow! A bag of goodies was in the room w/a note from management - nice touch! The complimentary starbucks coffee, teas, and hot cocoa available 24/7 in the lobby was also wonderful. The lobby had a high number of staff members present that would always greet you when you came in, this made you feel very secure without feeling like security survelliance. This became important to me because my daughter and I were in and out a lot since we were seeing the Cirque show, and my husband and son had headed over to Citifield for the Met game.

Again, I want to reiterate all the positive comments about staff, hotel cleanliness, amazing customer service. By the way, it is very rare to find a hotel in NYC w/2 queen beds and this is one of the few!

Lastly, I found a great rate through this site! They had a special on Tripadvisor, so if you are booking don't forget to check the top of the review page for these specials -- it was better than AAA. Also, parking is next door - VERY IMPORTANT: have the front desk validate your ticket, it will save over $15.00.

Thanks again for a perfect stay.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed here for business this past June. I was a bit worried, as we booked our hotel late and there was a huge conference in the city (unbeknownst to us) that filled up many hotels, made rates go sky high and many hotels were imposing three night minimums. So, when this HGI had space, I wondered why. No need to worry whatsoever. The staff was incredible - from the moment we walked in the front door, until the day we checked out. A level of friendliness that I would expect from a Kimpton property! The rooms were spacious (especially by NY standards) and there were nice conveniences (in addition to the coffee maker, there was a fridge and microwave). The workout facility is small, but not a big deal. Everything was very clean - and I'm a stickler for clean hotels. It's one block off of Times Square, which is perfect - close enough, but far enough that you're not walking out of the hotel into a crowd of tourists.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank tmm03
Durham, NC
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I have stayed in MANY hotels in Manhattan, and my best stay was last week at the Hilton Garden Inn on Eighth Avenue between 48th and 49th St. It is convenient to everything, yet a block or so from the madding crowd in Times Square. I used to shy away from anything west of 7th Ave., and preferred to stay on the east side of midtown. No More! This location can't be beat for easy access to the subway, and is centrally located between uptown and downtown.
As for the hotel, the room was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the room had a small fridge and microwave in it. I could totally live in that room, full-time. Also, the rooms were very quiet. I was there for five nights and slept soundly every night. Very comfy beds, too.
I loved being able to look down at the foot traffic on Eighth Ave. There is a lot of activity in that block. There are several bars and restaurants in the blocks between 47th and 50th, so no shortage of places to go that are only steps away. Another big plus, ice and coke machine were steps (16, to be exact) from my room. The drinks were $1.50 for a 20 oz., less than in any of the stores. There is a small store in the lobby and on-site restaurant that is reasonably priced and seemed to be popular. I will definitely give it a try next time.
There is a fire station the next block down, and being in midtown, a lot of trucks are dsipatched from there, so there are sirens a few times a day. I stopped by the station one evening when a truck was going out and talked with a fire captain about the EMS system in the city. Very nice man, and added to the neighborhood feel this area seems to have. Also, a Duane Reed one block down is another convenience.

Room Tip: I liked having a room facing Eighth Ave. There are blackout drapes behind the sheers to block out l...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank alligraz
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is a great hotel to stay at for your New York experience be it vacation or work. We were treated like family, the rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable , the hotel itself is quiet and every staff member treated us like we were the only customers staying at the hotel. The location is perfect, we were able to walk to all our events and subway stations so never had to rely on finding or taking a cab ! I am sure the secret to this wonderful place is the managers, Joanna and Estela , they are both committed to making sure each customer is treated special and the staff follow suit. I will come back to this hotel every time I come to New York from this point forward.

2 Thank Beth B
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My son & arrived on 6/17/12, with a request for early checkin. I was told that it was possible, we had to ask the front counter staff three times and finally at 3:00pm, we were allowed to check in. We had a horrible view of a wall, broken door, pillow case that had blood stains on it that did not wash out. I took it to the maid who was two doors down and she said it was make-up; right. Every half hour we heard a loud noise that sounded like an airplaine above us, but it wasn't it was the generators outside our room. The staff is a joke, they don't smile, or anything. you ask a questions and they respond in a stale tone. I was so happy to leave, we left our hotel at 5:15AM. I couldn't spend another hour in that room.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel......ever!!!!
4 Thank Travelgirl277
, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Travelgirl277,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. Your review will serve as a training tool for the team and it will give us an opportunity to focus on the areas that can be improved.

Your review is a big disappointment for the entire team. This is not the type of accommodation and service that we strive to deliver to all of our guests. I have reached out to you personally to get more feedback and with intentions to make amends for your experience.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Director of Guest Experience
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com
Hollywood, Florida, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We recently (6/11 - 6/17) stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square on 8th Avenue. We were impressed with the doorman, front desk, security, concierge and especially our housekeeper Gladys. Gladys was very pleasant and always greeted us with a smile. She arranged her schedule to accommodate our request for early makeup service. Thank You.

The entire staff made our visit to New York a pleasant experience. Our next visit to New York will definitely be HGI Times Square.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple