“Excellent location in NYC”

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Ranked #147 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New Jersey
“Excellent location in NYC”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We decided to stay one night in the City and choose this hotel based on location and prior reviews. It did not disappoint with the location - 2 min. walk to Times Square. When we arrived there was even a street faire right there on 8th Ave - it was great. Hotel room was fine, basic and was all we needed for our one night stay. The welcome bag of snacks and water with a personalized note was a nice touch. Fairly priced and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Looby1970

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ft. Myers
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Short walk to Times Square, friendly staff, and doormen (who don't actually have to open doors in front of elevator, but hail cabs, etc.) were first class. Usually befriend the concierge, but doormen were on the job! Stay here if you're going to the theater. It's in the heart of the action, short walk to so many must-see spots.

Room Tip: Got upgraded to a million dollar view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ileane
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Great hotel, excellent location - only two minutes walk from Times Square. The rooms are clean and spacious. Charming and courteous staff. If you are looking for a place to stay at a reasonable cost this is your place. I am sure I will be back again in the future..

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank noa_an
Montrose
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Have stayed here a number of times, and this hotel feels old, we used our Hhonors points, just can't believe the price they would have charged. The rooms in the Doubletree in Times Square are so much nicer and often slightly cheaper. We even paid a $5 a night upgrade, which gave us a street view, but was hardly what they called "A deluxe room." On the plus side, the reception and door staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Take an upgrade, otherwise you could be looking at the backs of buildings
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
LauraMaldonado, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear JstarkScotland,

As a loyal Hilton Honors member and Trip advisor user thank you for taking the time to share with us details about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. I am delighted to know the team made a great impression with their friendliness and helpfulness. We are all about our team and how they make our hotel feel like a "home away from home".

I know that you mentioned the rate being very high for the days you were here and the room being below expectations. I can understand why you felt our rooms being different from the Doubletree Times Square. They have all suite rooms and we only have standard room on the property. In regards to the rate, as a full service property they will always have a higher rate. In the future please feel free to contact me directly to review the rates being offered. I will be happy to give you different options and help you choose the best rate for you.

I hope you choose to stay with us in the near future and give us an opportunity to make your stay Perfect.

Kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Director of Guest Experience
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com
North Carolina
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This was my first trip to NYC and I always try to stay at the Hilton brands. I knew it would be a great visit when I got an email from the hotel telling about the hotel and the accommodations. Then I simply asked if upgrades were available and the did upgrade me to a corner room with a view. Once I arrived I was welcomed in my room by a snack bag and a welcoming note. Room was quite large and very convenient to where I needed to be and to Time Square. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again hands down.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jamiec79
HOVE
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights last weekend. Location wise it's excellent - near Times Square and a myriad of restaurants on 8th Avenue. My room on the 10th floor was spacious for NYC, and of the standard you would expect from a Hilton property. I had a nice view of 8th Ave and surrounding area. A refrigerator came in handy and there was an ice machine just a few doors down. I had two staff experiences worth sharing, one good one not so. To get the bad one out of the way, when checking out I asked the Bellman to store my cases and also order me a cab to the airport for later that day. He took care of the bags but said I should ask about the cab when i came back for them - a guy called Ken would look after that for me. I duly returned to find that Ken knew about my requirement for a cab but had not booked one and he could not understand why the earlier shift had not done that for me...and when he rang, there were no cabs available ! So he ended up hailing one in the street which wound up costing me $100 to Newark which I'm sure was a rip-off. Love to know how much a pre booked can would have cost.

The good experience was when a front of house guy called Ennio not only recommended a local bar ( House of Brews ! ), but insisted in walking us to it, a couple of blocks away from the hotel. When I told him about how much we were enjoying our stay, he was genuinely delighted to hear it....he is a first rate ambassador for the hotel and I hope he gets the recognition he deserves for it !

To sum up, I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to New York

2 Thank HOVEEAGLE
LauraMaldonado, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear HOVEEAGLE,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. We are very proud to know that you highly recommend our hotel. There is no better compliment!

As the Director of Guest Experience, I want to discuss with you details about your positive and negative experience with our Bellmen Team. To get the negative out of the way as you mentioned, NYC yellow cabs do not make scheduled appointments. They are hailed in the street. I am thinking you are referring to a car service which in that case we can book in advance. I have communicated with the team the importance of being more specific and detailed when assisting guests to avoid confusion. They are committed to making it right and improving. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address this situation and making sure it does not happen to another guest.

On the positive side, I shared your review with Ennio yesterday and he was surprised and grateful for your mention. Ennio is a superstar team member and we are proud to have him. I will personally make sure he gets a nice incentive and lot of recognition.

Again, thank you for your amazing feedback!

Kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel. The rooms are quiet, clean and spacious. I like that they include a microwave, mini fridge and an in-room safe. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a gift shop / pantry in the lobby with an ATM.

As Hilton Honor Diamond members, we received vouchers for breakfast in Pigalle’s each morning (restaurant next door to the hotel). They have an ample buffet, and if you can get a window seat, the people-watching is great!

In the evening walk around the corner to Da Marino (220 W. 49th St) for delicious Italian fare and entertainment, or stop by Lillie’s (249 W 49th St) for drinks in a beautiful Victorian atmosphere.

2 Thank mjames