Myself and my colleague booked this Hilton for two nights in September.
I booked it via Expedia, and got a good rate.
I have a Hilton Honours Diamond card and I was a little bit miffed at how negative, perhaps even bordering on rude, the front desk clerk was about us having booked via Expedia, and because we had my Diamond card counted for nothing.
I wasn't looking for points, but a smile and a "Sir, we've given you a nice room", (even if they haven't!), wouldn't have been difficult for the snooty man.
That aside, this is a nice hotel.
The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable.
There was a fridge in the room too, and I think there was also a microwave oven.
The hotel is well placed for Times Square and we were able to walk to lots of good bars and restaurants.
There is a fire house nearby, and they were letting folk sit in the engines to get their picture taken.
If you stay there you should check it out.
The guys are really nice, and I salute them for doing such an amazing job!
This hotel isn't at the top of my NYC list, but there is nothing wrong with it.
I would happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton