“Great place to stay in NY”

Ranked #144 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

My mum & I had 9 nights stay here & we loved staying here!! The staff were very friendly & our room was very spacious & clean! The housekeeping staff were very pleasant & friendly too. It's in a fantastic location, just minutes walk to Times Square & subways are just around the corner. We have been to NY many times before (we are from Australia!) & we have now found the perfect hotel to stay!!! I would now not stay anywhere else if I was reassured of one thing prior to my arrival........

So why have I rated it a 4 out of 5?? I requested in my booking a room on a higher floor as I read in some reviews the noise experienced in the lower levels from the subway that obviously runs straight underneath the hotel. We were given a room on the 5th floor & we were at first overwhelmed with the regular noise of the subway. We were out all day & not getting in until late at night so the noise/rumbling only affected us during the night. We got use to it after a while so we didn't let it ruin our very enjoyable stay here!!

We would absolutely stay here again as we loved it, (& I would definitely recommend it to all my family & friends), but only if we were guaranteed a room on a much higher level than 5!!!!!

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Lillabet75
TennileB, Director of Guest of Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Good Day Lillabet75,

We honored that you have made us your premier choice hotel when traveling to NY and would be elated to welcome you back time and time again. I am sorry to hear that you were affected by the noise from the subway and we were not able to accommodate your request for a higher floor. Please be advised that the rooms in certain room categories are only located on floors 2-5, for instance our Standard Double Queen so we you very well may have been placed on the highest in the category booked.
While room assignments can never be guaranteed, I encourage you to contact me when you are planning to return and I will do my very best to place you in a room on a high floor.

Thank you and I hope to see you in the future.

Warmest Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square after reading some good reviews on here. We were very happy with the hotel; great location, clean and modern rooms, nice toiletries. The staff were friendly and we were just 5 minutes away from Times Square and right in the theatre district. Great base for exploring New York, and the fridges in the rooms were great for storing leftovers from the huge American meals. Nice big comfy bed and a decent sized room and free luggage storage on the day of departure...great value for NYC too. Can't fault this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Hi There Claire B,

I am very pleased that you found our hotel to be just as pleasant and enjoyable as so many travelers before you. We look forward to welcoming back should your travels bring you to NYC once again.

If I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I booked two rooms on my name and there was an unexpected problem and I couldn't arrived to NY . I called the hotel to arrange the room for my friends that were waiting for us in Manhattan and to cancel part of my booking, I spoke with Emelia and she helped me with all the room issue to my friends and the second room for me , while i didn't know if could arrive at all . And with some packages that was waited for me at the hotel. Emelia was just so nice and so helpful .(It is so important that if you in some problem there is someone on the other side that help you.) My friends told me that I chose a great hotel .They enjoyed the room and the wonderful location of the hotel . Close to all the theaters to the Time square not far away from Central park .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hi Noga A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the travel community. I am sorry that you were not able to make it to NYC but I'm glad Estela was able to assist you and all turned out well.

I hope all is well and whatever caused you to cancel part of your booking has been resolved. We hope to welcome you back on your next venture, please feel free to contact either Estela or myself if we can offer any assistance.

All the best,

Phone: 646-710-5713| Fax: 212-974-0291 tennile.boyd@hilton.com |

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The location, the helpfulness of the staff as well as the value for money was quite good. The cookies at check in, the security lobby and the interaction of the staff with the guest was quite encouraging. The room décor and comfort was good. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Good Day Olu S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. I am thrilled and very appreciative of your high recommendation.

Should your travels bring you back to NYC, I hope we'll once again have the pleasure of calling you our guest.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Wife and I just spent 3 nights. Incredibly easy to get to via the E subway line. Great location, within blocks of Times Square and the Theaters. Good breakfast. Clean room. Attentive staff. A bargain given the location and amenities. Only downside is some traffic noise at night. Highly recommend.

1  Thank FnD_K

Good Day FnD_K,

Thanks for your 5 star recommendation!! I am pleased that you had a good time while with us despite the street noise. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and call you our guest once again. I encourage you to reach out to me prior to your next arrival and I will be sure to assign you a nice, quiet room.

Until next time,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

What a fab location, clean, comfortable, and convenient, close to theatre district, drugstore and food places nearby...walking distance to almost everything.

The only thing I did not enjoy was the breakfast in the hotel downstairs....but loved that the hotel room had a microwave so I could just heat up foods that I wanted.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KMH6868
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Kathleen6868,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on your recent stay. I am very happy hearing that you enjoyed the hotel and its location. It’s sad that the breakfast served in the restaurant was not to your like but I’m glad that you took advantage of room amenities.
I hope we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future and if so I will be happy to provide you with some great breakfast dining suggestions.
Joanna Butcher
Guest Experience Manager
joanna.butcher@hilton.com
646-710-5713

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Spent a week here this summer (August) while we were in town for my wife's surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery. It's the second time we've stayed here, and we've found the location to be convenient for getting around and with food/services close by. Staff got to know us while we were there, and the doorman even arranged for a limo ride back to the airport on our last day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Joanna B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Brian G,
It is a great pleasure reading your comments. I hope that your wife is feeling better; I am happy that we were able to create a memorable stay for you and her. We will be looking forward to your next trip and I encourage you to contact me next time when you will be staying with us!
Joanna Butcher