“Exellent”

Ranked #141 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 December 2013

“Nice hotel, service could have been even better”

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights 1st-3rd Oct 2013- this was a surprise trip for me and my boyfriend proposed to me after our first night there! The hotel was very welcoming and nicely decorated. Beds were comfortable and for a NYC room near Times Square the rooms were a good size. The hotel was in a great location. The only negative point is that my boyfriend had snuck a bottle of vintage champagne all the way from the UK to celebrate our engagement before going out for the evening but, after asking at reception, the restaurant, bar and room service, we had to settle for drinking it out of the glass tumblers in our room as they refused to provide us with champagne flutes or even wine glasses! We realise it was a bit of a protest to us not buying the champagne from them, but still we found it disappointing- you only plan get engaged once in your life! Worse still, we told them what we were celebrating and they did not even say congratulations. This was the only bad point of our entire stay in New York, which was a bit of a shame.

Room Tip: ooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Bin S,
I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for submitting your review. Congratulations on your engagement!! I am very disappointed hearing that we were not able to provide glasses for this special celebration. Please understand that we are not a full service hotel and the restaurant is not affiliated with the hotel that is why they could not provide you with glasses. We always do our best have some glasses at the front desk but for the last few weeks there have been many guests celebrating special occasions in the hotel and we must have run out, I am really sorry that your celebration was not what you expected and that our team did not recognized it in the proper way. I can assure you that I will discuss your comments with my team. I hope that maybe in the future you will give us a chance to make up for this experience. I strongly encourage you to contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns.
646-710-5713

Write a ReviewReviews (7,394)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

A group of three of us stayed here for a 4-day girls getaway at the beginning of December. Due to the time of year the cost was more due to the season but compared to other hotels in the area, we found it to be a good value. The location is excellent for seeing the sights and the theatre. There is a subway station nearby that will take you to the 911 memorial area. The room we occupied on the 12th floor was clean, beds were comfortable, and the room was spacious and relatively quiet for the city(only once did I hear the fire truck sirens during the 4 nights there). The area felt safe to me and I would not hesitate to stay here solo. The staff here is the best! From check-in to check-out, they were always helpful and did so with a smile. Need directions or information about the subway, no problem. They even helped arrange our transportation back to the airport at a very reasonable price. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Mary S
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Mary S,
Thank you so much for a wonderful review! I am so happy that you chose our hotel for your 4 days girls’ getaway! It’s great that location of the hotel was suitable to all your destinations and that hotel and rooms were clean and made you feel safe. I am delighted to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one and helped you with directions and airport transportation. I hope that if you will be planning another girls getaway you will choose our hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear lysd85

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This trip, our first to New York was to celebrate a special occasion. The hotel is ideally located for easy access to most attractions either by walking and / or by tube. The Hotel staff as a whole are welcoming although that cannot be said of the management of the restaurant "Pigalle's" which is not owned by the Hilton group neither is the roof top bar, both of who feature on the Hilton website. You are forced to eat at least breakfast at the restaurant if on a B&B rate and if you like cold food that is good. There are a number of other bars, restaurants to eat at locally offering far better value for money and I would strongly advice doing so. The room (530) was of a good size although a little noisy to start with but you get use to the bustle of people and tubes. The tube stations are close by and are easy to use and understand. Walking distance to the theatres.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Terry P,
Thank you for taking time to share experience on your recent stay with us. Congratulations on your special celebration! I am glad to hear that you found our staff being friendly and I am sorry that the restaurant came out short on this trip. I will make sure to address your comments with their management. I truly apologize for the noise, we are located in the busy Times Square neighborhood and the vibe of the city might be noisy if you are not used to it. I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future, I strongly encourage you to contact me prior your next trip and I will take care of assigning a nice and quiet room.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I always return to this hotel since the staff, venue and facilities are always excellent. It is a small walk to the theater district, Times Square and there are several close by locations for public transportation if you cannot walk.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear James W
It is a great pleasure and honor to know that you have chosen our hotel on several trips to NYC and that our staff and facilities and location are to your satisfaction. We will be looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I would like to thanks for the good service from your staff all around our stay at this hotel. I have already recommended the facilities to a few friends. The room was excellent in space and equipment available for guests, compared to other expensive hotels in NYC where we have stayed. The Restaurant and Bar connected to the lobby makes a great alternative mainly for breakfast and after a long walk relax. The fitness room is small but comply with purpose. Continue your excellent job and I hope to return to your hotel next year or soon. Merry Christmas!!!!!

Room Tip: If are couples ask for the king bed room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Roberto-SJPR

Dear Roberto-SJPR
I am so happy to hear that we created a memorable stay for you during visit to Big Apple! It was great honor to call you our guest and it’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed hotel and its location. We will be looking forward to welcome you and your friends back in the future. I will be happy to assist you with any requests you might have on your next trip so please feel free to contact me.
Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Times Square during the Busy Christmas season.The rooms are very comfortable,very clean, and quiet. The location is fantastic for tourists, and it is safe!The hotel staff was very courteous and obviously well trained. I would definitely recommend staying at this quality hotel.

Stayed: December 2013
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Hi Foodieman4,

Happy Holidays!!! Yes this is one of our busiest times of year as we welcome wonderful travelers like yourself from all over the world, in town to see our great city during this magical time; there is nothing like NYC during Christmas time. I hope you had the opportunity to throughly enjoy the city, if not there is always next year.

Hope to see you then,