Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mayfair Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Pearl Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
The Time New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Amsterdam Court Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Belvedere Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
7,633 results
All reviewstimes squarepigalle restaurantgreat locationfood emporiumfire stationnew yorkfridge and microwaveattached restaurantcentral parkaround the cornerthe theater districtwithin walking distancerestaurant rowstreet noisehell's kitchenhigher floorwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel is located 1 block from Broadway/Times Square. Perfect location for a city trip in New York. Hotel is in walking distance (10 minutes, straight on 8th ave.) from Penn station. We had a room on the 10th floor, and didn't have any problems with noise from the streets. But, we slept wih the windows closed (winter). Bed's are confortable, as the whole room. Spacy, clean and almost new I suppose. WiFi signal is excellent and free. For breakfast you can go to the restaurant next door, but in the area arround the hotel are many breakfast facilities (Pret / Starbucks / restaurants / Pick a Bagel etc.). It's in the middle of Manhatten, so most interested places are reachable by foot. In case the underground is needed, there's a subway nearby.

For dinner go 1 avenue further (9th. ave) for nice and good restaurants.

Staff is excellent, kind and helpfull. Only 1 complain; It was not possible to get an extra duvet. This is the first time in my life a hotel where I stay is not able to provide me an extra duvet.

Room Tip: Higher floors (less noice from street and subway).
3  Thank r_ruud
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Hi r_ruud,

It is such a delight to read your extremely kind words, thank you. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests have an experience which exceeds expectations from check in to check out and I am very glad that we were able to meet this goal during your stay with us and you were able to enjoy the many amenities offered in the hotel.

Thank you again and I look forward to calling you our guest, the next time your travels bring you to the NYC area.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The bed was horrible. My side of the bed had a huge indentation and I was sleeping in the Grand Canyon of bedding. The room was also too dry and I woke up parched. We could hear the conversation from the adjoining room and I was forced to wear ear plugs. On the positive the location and check in were great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi Sheldon H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns from your recent stay. I am sorry to hear of the challenges you experienced with the mattress in your rooms. In some of our rooms we do offer dual adjusting mattresses where you must adjust the settings on each side of the bed to maximize the comfort of the bed. Should your travels bring you back to the NYC area please feel free to contact me directly and I will assure that you are placed in a room with standard non adjustable mattress.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here during Christmas week for three nights. We arrived at around 10:30 AM and our room was not available. We were given breakfast vouchers to use while we waited for our room - a great service as we had just driven over 3 hours from Boston. Easy to find location on and off the H. Hudson Parkway.

We spent an hour at the connected restaurant - Pigalle - a French bistro style place with a good breakfast. Our room was still not ready an hour later so we decided to check our bags and walk around. We came back at 12:30 PM and it was still not ready. We decided to take a room on a lower floor with NO view but wanted a room asap. We could have continued to wait but we were tired.

The room was on the 9th floor looking out at the building behind the hotel. Seems like all rooms ending in odd numbers 01 to 11 overlook this building. The room itself was fine and everything was clean. Room safe was big enough for our laptop. WiFi worked very well - probably the best we have experienced at all other Hiltons we have stayed. Parking for the hotel was right next door to the hotel and paid the hotel upon checking out.

Coffee and tea were gratis in the lobby in the morning. Breakfast was included for us and had some good choices at the buffet. Tables tend to be on the small side. The only disappointing things were the croissants and pastries. Coffee was good. Ate there twice other than for breakfast. Not too pricey.

Location was perfect from Times Square without being right in the middle of it - just a block away. Easy walking distance to many theaters and the subway. Central Park was not too far away either.

Room Tip: Even numbered room face the street. Odd numbered rooms from 01 to 11 face a building in the back - not a great choice if you can choose something else.
3  Thank bostontravelnman

Hi Bostontravelnman,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the travel community. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the amenities offered throughout the hotel. I would also like to thank you for your patience and understanding while we located a room for you to accommodate your early arrival request. We welcome the opportunity to call you our guest once again.

If I can ever be of any assistance now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I do not remember our maid's name, (room 524, 12/18-21/13), but she was awesome. My husband was ill while we were there, and she did everything to accommodate us and inquired of his health whenever she saw me. Charles was our "guide" to everything we did because he knew the answers to all of our questions! He helped us navigate the city and took care of all of our transportation needs. He was great! The hotel location made it within walking distance of just about everything that we wanted to do....Times Square, the Theater District (Lion King was fantastic!), Rockefeller Center (Top of the Rock was a fabulous view!), Central Park, and it was right across from the subway stop of the E train! We were able to walk everywhere with little difficulty and rode the subway to Ground Zero, the Battery, and Macy's. The rooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of room (king sized bed room) and we had a wonderful stay! Thank you for an awesome visit to NYC!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fatpat218

Hi There fatpat218,

Thank you for your awesome review of your recent stay with us. I am absolutely thrilled that you had such a great time and we were able to exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with Charles and Housekeeping. I must agree with you that we have a great location which makes NYC visits easy and fun and large rooms for NYC standards, but it is the staff that brings it together, so thank you for acknowledging the hard work and effort they put forth each day.

Until the next time we can call you our guest,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

If I could give this 3.5 (out of 5) I would have...
By no means a 'bad' review and if you're looking for a hotel which is comfortable, convenient and close to all the attractions then this could be a good pick - providing you get a good deal.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear tigernik,
Thank you for taking time to submit your review. I am sorry that your experience in our hotel did not reflect in a 5 star review. Your rating shows that there was something that could have been done better and I would love hearing from you on what could have been done better during your stay. I am happy however that you found hotel being comfortable and conveniently located.
I will look forward to your communication and I hope that you will stay with us again in the future!
Joanna Butcher