“Excellent location”

Ranked #144 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel. The room was small but very clean with a comfortable bed and nice linens. I would like to reiterate that the room was small but for us (2 people) it was just a landing pad for sleeping. The hotel has a nice convenience store right in the lobby and there's a drug store across the street. 1 block to subway and 1 stop to times square. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I was doing something in that area. Also you have the Palm restaurant around the corner and a great bar restaurant Lily's. Overall a perfect location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hi babs91,

Thank you for your kind words, I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. I see that you were able to maximize your time during your short visit by taking advantage of our very central location and visiting neighborhood hotspots like Lily's.

There is so much more to see and do, so on your next visit hopefully you can stay a little longer to enjoy all the attractions and conveniences of our prime location.

Until then,
Tennile Boyd
Director of Guest Experience

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We liked the fact that they have real Queen size beds, which makes the sleeping very comfortable for all 4 of us.

Our room 1023 had great wi-fi connection, good working TV and fridge. Nice clean rooom and bathroom, good working shower. Good housekeeping. We had breakfast at the Pigalle restaurant, and enjoyed all they had to offer.

They also have a parking garage, on the corner of the same building as the hotel, which makes it easy and convenient to park our car (we drove from Philadelphia) and we paid the parking at the front desk of the hotel at checkout ($85 for 2 nights).

10th floor is high up in the building which can result in full elevators when going down, so you may have to take the next one.

Summary of NYC:
Broadway shows, shopping, numerous restaurants of all tastes including vegetarians.

Room Tip: 1023 was a very good room, but a bit high up in the building, which may result in waiting for an ele...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hi There Martin B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. I am absolutely delighted that you and your friends throughly enjoyed your time with us. Often times with everything being just a stone's throw from our location, our guests miss the amenities and conveniences we offer right in the hotel; such as all day dining in Pigalle or the discounted parking and who can be upset with the complimentary wifi.

It seems as you enjoy weekend trips to NYC with some regularity, so hopefully we'll get the opportunity to call you our guest once again. If I can ever be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have just returned from a three night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and can't thank the staff enough for making our short trip so memorable. I travelled with my six month old son and mum who was celebrating her 60th birthday. Joanna and her manager Tintell (apologies if I misspelt your name) from the customer care team arranged for some wonderful 'baked by Melissa' cupcakes, balloons and a card to be brought to our room to help celebrate our special occasion. It really made my mum's day. Tintell also offered us a high chair from the brasserie next door if we ever needed it in the room another great personal touch that made us feel welcome. The rooms were adequately sized for our needs and very clean.The staff were all very friendly and could not do enough for you. As an added bonus the hotel provides a self service Starbucks for guests every day.

The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping and sightseeing with everything you need on your doorstop. The grey line bus terminal is across the road if you want to travel a little further. We asked the concierge to arrange return tickets to Woodbury common which include a book of vouchers this cost $42.00 return.

Pigelle Brasserie is next door to the hotel and they supply the room service. One night it snowed so we ordered to our room. The food was so good we decided to celebrate my mothers birthday there and our dinner was equally to a high standard. I can recommend the salmon.

We are normally a little apprehensive of city centre chain hotels but the service we received from the hilton Times Square is on par with any small privately run hotel I have been too over the years. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Good Day,

Thank you for your extremely kind words. I can honestly say that both Joanna and myself had an absolutely delightful time creating such a memorable experience for your Mum's birthday.

I know that weather was not the best during your visit but I'm glad that did not hinder your trip and hopefully sometime in the future near or far you'll get to visit with us again.

Oh, and your apologies are well received, my name is not a common one :)

Until next time,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've stayed in different hotels throughout Midtown and have found that this one has been the best and at a lower price than those previous hotels. I highly recommend staying here especially the location was great to go see a Broadway show and have dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Juan G,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that from many hotels in Midtown you found our hotel being the best option. It’s great that the location was convenient and I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Big Apple!

Joanna Butcher
Guest Experience Manager
joanna.butcher@hilton.com
646-710-5713

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Booked this new hotel for its convenience to places we knew we wanted to be near around the Times Square area of New York City. Tucked neatly between larger footprint hotels on the block, it fulfilled our expectations very well. The front desk staff were very welcoming and friendly both on arrival and departure. The room was perfect for two. Everything was attractive, clean and stylish. We were within our walking distance to every convenience in Times Square, the Theater District and Central Park.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi There Pat S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square with the travel community. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and I am glad that we accomplished this goal during your time with us.

I do hope that the next time your travels bring you back to the Times Square area, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The managers here are great and corresponded with me prior to the trip to ensure I felt welcomed. I was a little worried given the upcoming snowstorm and my travel plans for my husband's bday but the manager not only communicated with me to ease my worries but paid extra attention to the fact that we were coming in from out of town to celebrate my husband's bday! He was welcomed into the room with some sweet treats and Perrier water, making the trip so worthwhile after a long haul in the bad, cold weather. Needless to say, the managers helped us to have an amazing experience given their awesome service and special attention to detail! Let's just say it was a Valentine's Day and hubby's bday to remember for always! Thanks so much! Hotel was great and very welcoming! We had to store our luggage there while we went sightseeing and everyone was sooo accommodating! Would definitely stay there again! Great location too!

Hi moniquehead,

Thank you for your kind words. I am thrilled that you were able to make this trip and we were able to create such a memorable experience for you and your husband during such a special occasion. I must say it was just a pleasurable for us to have the opportunity to call you both our guests.

Maybe we'll see you for YOUR birthday?!

Until next time,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I decided on a last minute visit to New York City and booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. The rate seemed relatively inexpensive for such a good location so we expected to be underwhelmed after checking in. Surprise, it was nice! The location was very convenient, nearby everything (it's in the heart of the Theater District with MTA (subway and bus) lines right there). The room was large, clean, and quiet. The staff was courteous. We had them check our bags after we checked out of our room so we could walk around the city for the day and that was no problem. We couldn't have asked for a better experience, especially considering the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi joy_driven,

Each day my entire staff arrives to work with the sole goal of exceeding the expectations of each person that we are lucky enough to call our guest. So it brings me such an immense sense of joy that we were able to meet this goal during your stay with us.

The next time you are looking for another NYC excursion I do hope that we'll get to welcome you back.

All the best,